Sponsored

Motor Trend compares 2019 Mustang GT Convertible vs Camaro SS Convertible

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
True but you missing the point it's just some good natured jabs between and martinjLm and myself. I'm happy he has a camaro instead of a subaru toyota or any other foreign name plate. Beside my Mustang could carry nearly twice the load of his camaro with the top down. The reason I always say with the top down look in the camaro trunk with the top down.
:thumbsup:
Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Ok it is true you can put everything in the back seat lets see you leave the top down and see how much of your stuff you can get into the trunk. Then get a Mustang convertible leave the top down and see how you can get into the Mustangs trunk
Why would I do that?

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see how that's relevant. Let's see you try to get all the stuff in the Mustang that I can get in my CX-5 - not gonna happen. The point is, the car does what he needs it to, and does other stuff he likes as well. Whether or not it can match the Mustang, doesn't really matter, it matches his needs and wants.
This guy gets it

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True but you missing the point it's just some good natured jabs between and martinjLm and myself. I'm happy he has a camaro instead of a subaru toyota or any other foreign name plate. Beside my Mustang could carry nearly twice the load of his camaro with the top down. The reason I always say with the top down look in the camaro trunk with the top down.
Agree, it’s all in good fun or I wouldn’t have posted the pics in the first place. CamVert fits a lot more in the trunk with top up than most would think. Again, my biggest issue being that some things that would fit in the trunk never go in because they won’t go through the opening. That’s been my biggest complaint about Alpha architecture since the first time I was assigned an ATS as a company car. But when it comes to things I can fit, top up, it’s pretty impressive. All of the gear in the photo fits in the trunk EXCEPT the speaker cabinet because of the inability to get it through the weird shaped opening.

But still, as Arthonon pointed out, I’ll take that hit to get the no-stop drop top, HUD, and better performance compared to the GTVert that would have been the Mustang offering in 2017. Would still have selected it over the 2018-19 even though a 10AT with PP1 and drag mode might be slightly faster in a straight line.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
If I had a coupe I could fold a seat down and put it in the trunk that way, but I prefer the convertible, so it is what it is.
Yeah, I wish convertibles had fold down seats for long items, I guess there's some liability that the trunk would kind of open into an area without a roof.

I picked up a new shop vac the other day, I was in my car, it was a big box and just made it through the trunk opening but I also hit the liquor and grocery and there was plenty of additional room for supplies :D

I have a funny pic I'll have to find, we did a Thanksgiving run in the Z06, one of those __two__ cart deals, because we were shopping for like 8 people - the Z06 packed it all in! I love cars that look good, perform well, but can still be slightly utilitarian.
Sponsored