Magnaflow 12469 resonated x pipe install--home built

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Really? I was told the 11368 is nasibasicthe cj pony part murflmu without the piping they add? I already bought it so hopefully it fits otherwise I have to return it for the 12468. I hope replacing the double x pipe with this doesn't ruin the sound.
You could be right. I thought they used 12468. A good exhaust guy will get it to fit tight and high up.
Sponsored

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Nice work!

I don't want to piss in your Cheerios, but the 12469 isn't an X, it's a double Y. Which means both pipes run into 1 single 3" pipe then back to 2. It may not make an HP difference but Magnaflow was'nt too keen on the idea for my application.

I only mention this because if anyone else is considering this mod you can get the 12468 which is the 2.5 inch version and a TruX.
so which one has better flow? the 12469 has 3in in and out, yes it does come down to a 3 inch when they cross at one point but is has holes all over the place, so it should breath???... the one you are talking about is 2.5 in and out... when I called the they said the 12469 had better flow that the 12468. I have cooks LT with green flow running in MF 19100 that is the three inch street... I am looking to quiet it down a pit. I am also running a whipple… What do you think I should go with ? I am also looking at the 14419, but I don't think it will do much to kill the noise...

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke with Magnaflow on this and they didn't recommend the 12469 for my application(similar to yours). Although others have used it and not had detrimental results. I could'nt wrap my head around necking my 3" exhaust down to 2.5" then back to 3" so I ended up using there bottle style resonators. Like so:

They won't quiet things down as much as the larger suitcase style units but they did the trick for me.

so which one has better flow? the 12469 has 3in in and out, yes it does come down to a 3 inch when they cross at one point but is has holes all over the place, so it should breath???... the one you are talking about is 2.5 in and out... when I called the they said the 12469 had better flow that the 12468. I have cooks LT with green flow running in MF 19100 that is the three inch street... I am looking to quiet it down a pit. I am also running a whipple… What do you think I should go with ? I am also looking at the 14419, but I don't think it will do much to kill the noise...

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
So no videos before and after with these?? :( Would love to hear them.

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Your mind is working like mine... why doesn't someone make a true 3 inch suitcase resonator x-pipe…

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Your mind is working like mine... why doesn't someone make a true 3 inch suitcase resonator x-pipe…
Exactly! Magaflow does make one but its way to big for our cars

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
@BigBlue No before videos, these cars are just so hard to get a good recording of with a phone. This is my 4th and final exhaust set up. 3" cat deletes, Magnaflow 3" bullets, and Magnaflow mufflers welded into a MBRP cat back.

Not the best vid but you get the idea. It's tame during normal driving, with a hint of rasp at part throttle, really thunders at WOT. Sounds better in person!

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I spoke with Magnaflow on this and they didn't recommend the 12469 for my application(similar to yours). Although others have used it and not had detrimental results. I could'nt wrap my head around necking my 3" exhaust down to 2.5" then back to 3" so I ended up using there bottle style resonators. Like so:

They won't quiet things down as much as the larger suitcase style units but they did the trick for me.
Very nice!

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had a Magnaflow Resonated X pipe with 2.25” inlet and 2.5” outlet that went into Pypes Street Pro axle backs which are pretty tame touring mufflers. Was happy with sound and volume until I installed LTs. Not bad at idle or light throttle but too much volume when you roll into it for my taste. Just had Stainless Bros 12” straight through resonators added to collectors in place of the pipes that replaced the cats. Now car sounds even deeper with a nice smooth tone and volume is more manageable. Very pleased with results! I need to get a video and post.

Sponsored

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Yep, a single 3" is way more restrictive than an X of 2.5" (and is also less cross section than the stock 2.25" catalyst outlet pipes combined). I noticed this when I was looking for resonated X-pipes. It certainly won't help with power, and is why I didn't get the 12469. It may be 3" in/out but there's definitely a bottleneck there now.
Any chance this Resonator would be better? would it fit?
http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers/ult...ers/ultra-flo-welded-x-offset-offset-577.html

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

17gt3black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium