Sponsored

How loud is Magnaflow Tru-X Resonated X-Pipe with AWE Touring Axle-Back?

seamonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Anyone running Magnaflow Tru-X Resonated X-Pipe with AWE AWE Touring Axle-Back? On a scale of 1-5 to wake up neighbor at WOT?

I have a very uncommon setup: Magnaflow Tru-X Resonated X-Pipe paired with Flowmasters American Thunder Axle-back (I wanted deep tone).
  • A very audible deep rumble idle on cabin.
  • Quiet on cruising.
  • Drones like crazy at 50mph on 6th, but then super quiet at 60mph and above.
  • There is very little transition going from 5% gas to 100% gas, thanks to the resonated x-pipe.
From what I've seen from YouTube videos, AWE Touring Catback sounds very high pitched, almost like a full exhaust coyote. What if I paired it with a resonated x-pipe? Will it be as loud as Roush AB + Stock resonator?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone running Magnaflow Tru-X Resonated X-Pipe with AWE AWE Touring Axle-Back? On a scale of 1-5 to wake up neighbor at WOT?

I have a very uncommon setup: Magnaflow Tru-X Resonated X-Pipe paired with Flowmasters American Thunder Axle-back (I wanted deep tone).
  • A very audible deep rumble idle on cabin.
  • Quiet on cruising.
  • Drones like crazy at 50mph on 6th, but then super quiet at 60mph and above.
  • There is very little transition going from 5% gas to 100% gas, thanks to the resonated x-pipe.
From what I've seen from YouTube videos, AWE Touring Catback sounds very high pitched, almost like a full exhaust coyote. What if I paired it with a resonated x-pipe? Will it be as loud as Roush AB + Stock resonator?
I would expect it to be quieter than the stock resonator + Roush, and probably quite similar tone to your current one (deep, throaty), but no drone.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
The drone is from the FM. The AWE option would kill off the drone. The MF Tru X would keep things at almost stock volume. I'd recommend replacing the combination with the full AWE cb instead of the piece meal setup.
Sponsored