Sponsored

7th Generation Mustang (S650) Moved to 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Since this is an unfounded rumor thread, I wonder if the new 7.3 gas motor Ford is working on will be in the Mustang's future.
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Since this is an unfounded rumor thread, I wonder if the new 7.3 gas motor Ford is working on will be in the Mustang's future.
Highly doubt it, it's a pushrod truck engine that's being made to replace the 6.2. If there were any intentions of putting a big V8 in a mustang, they probably would've done it with the 6.2 by now

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Highly doubt it, it's a pushrod truck engine that's being made to replace the 6.2. If there were any intentions of putting a big V8 in a mustang, they probably would've done it with the 6.2 by now
Where did you get "push rod" that's NOT what I heard. Ford hasn't produced a push rod V8 since 2001 when the Windsor engine was finely retired. The Modular V8 and V10 took over and later the Boss 6.2L SOHC, and push rods were history. The new V8 will be at least a SOHC if not a DOHC design.

Reactions: Why

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

floridabeachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Regardless of all the guessing, Gen7 design will still be dictated by any updated federal safety/EPA/emission/cost standards, plus FoMoCo's revised international platforms (which, under Hackett's plans, must be individually profitable). I've been around long enough to know that concept vehicles are nothing more than the "wet dreams" of designers, and that the showroom products are usually disappointments. Still, Mustang will continue to hold a strong fan base as long as the driving thrill is continually improved.

Sponsored

compucarnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Am I the only one that's not a fan of the gigantic diameter rediculous wheels? Their has to be a point where wheels just can't get any bigger without being incredibly suspectible to any minor pot hole and curb.

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
Holden is selling RHD Camaros in Australia, maybe there's a chance they will bring these to other countries in the future too. But atm it's not even clear if we will see another Camaro in Europe since the facelift is not announced here
Holden/HSV are doing the RHD conversion in Melbourne so unlikely to see these vehicles being exported. GM USA will need to produce RHD vehicles to enable export to RHD countries around the world. This is only likely to happen if sales make it worthwhile. Reports in Australia indicate that 550 Camaros are being sent to Australia for HSV to convert and all have been pre-sold.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yuck.. do we really have to push forward this futuristic look? I hope not.

rumble

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp 1999 gt convt
Looks like a 4300 pound car to me.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Where did you get "push rod" that's NOT what I heard. Ford hasn't produced a push rod V8 since 2001 when the Windsor engine was finely retired. The Modular V8 and V10 took over and later the Boss 6.2L SOHC, and push rods were history. The new V8 will be at least a SOHC if not a DOHC design.
We’ve been having this debate in our office for a couple weeks now. The strongest indications we are getting is that it will be a SOHC, based on the manufacturing location and the product family it is evolving from.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
We’ve been having this debate in our office for a couple weeks now. The strongest indications we are getting is that it will be a SOHC, based on the manufacturing location and the product family it is evolving from.
I thought so too, but isn't it being manufactured at Windsor? And aren't all of Ford Performance's pushrod crate engines also manufactured at Windsor? The biggest thing that threw me off is I thought the 7.3 was going to be a member of the Modular family, but it doesn't look that way, as the source said "the first in a family of new engines", making me think maybe they're going to get into also producing smaller pushrod V8s for their trucks and SUVs (I don't think a Coyote would comfortably fit in an explorer)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.