7th Generation Mustang (S650) Moved to 2022...

zackmd1

Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
I meant that more in the vein of how it operates than how much it costs. The Taycan is arguably the first dedicated sports car (sports sedan) that is a pure EV. The manual transmission SEMA Mustang was more of a “because we can” exercise than anything pointing towards future product. The Taycan is an attempt at basically recreating the Panamera in an updated, all-electric form and not sacrificing any performance in the process. I can see an electric Mustang following that path.
I am following you now.

I always thought it would be cool to have a paddle shifted 3 speed gearbox for an EV sports car..... The Taycan has a 2 speed "auto".

Advertisement

Stonehauler

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
I love how he says you can't put on a helmet in a 6th gen Camaro.

heh...don't convertibles usually have more headroom?

seriously though, if you are short in the torso, you can put a helmet on in most cars (or wear a helmet in most cars. If you are tall and your torso is long (like mine is), you can't even wear a helmet in most cars. I would say that 90 percent of the cars and trucks I have driven, ridden in, or tested. my head is either hitting the roof, or my hair (what remains of it), is brushing the top in a normal seated position

I'm about 6'2, but long in the torso (or big in the head says Mrs. Stonehauler). I tried sitting in the Giulia and even leaning back my head was hitting the roof and my neck had a crick it it. Heck, even by F350 (with sunroof) has me hitting my head on the roof with just small potholes (not a Michigan potholes either)

2023 is right about when I will be looking at a new car, so I am excited for it.

If they offer a high performance hybrid (500+hp combined, 650 lb-ft of torque, AWD) version....I _MIGHT_ consider that too, but V8 would be my preference

EcoVert

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I want an affordable EV sports car.... Not some damn $100k supercar like vehicle...
A EV mustang coupe will be like the Mach E a lot more money than I can afford to or want to spend.

edco

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
He doesn't say you can't wear a helmet... you just have to put it on before you get in.
This helmet discussion is funny, it echoes another thread about convertible v coupe.
The photo of Martin with a helmet on is worth a chuckle.
I like to drive long mileage loops in rural counties where I know the roads.
A coupe is stiffer unibody, warmer, cooler (degrees F), lighter, and better
handling IMO than a drop top. I have owned two convertibles and enjoyed them.
Top down you are more aware of the car, the road, the exhaust note.
For me, a major nod to coupe is music. 6 CD MP3 Shaker 500. Sometimes I just listen
to the engine. A lot of times it's the music that makes me take the long road.

Martin is a musician. Unless he has ear buds in there I got to believe the helmet
is not everyday.

Last edited:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
This helmet discussion is funny, it echoes another thread about convertible v coupe.
The photo of Martin with a helmet on is worth a chuckle.
I like to drive long mileage loops in rural counties where I know the roads.
A coupe is stiffer unibody, warmer, cooler (degrees F), lighter, and better
handling IMO than a drop top. I have owned two convertibles and enjoyed them.
Top down you are more aware of the car, the road, the exhaust note.
I have thought hard about a Cobra at times and always thought if I went that way
I would wear a helmet with a roll bar behind it. Too each their own.
For me, a major nod to coupe is music. 6 CD MP3 Shaker 500. Sometimes I just listen
to the engine. A lot of times it's the music that makes me take the long road.

Martin is a musician. Unless he has ear buds in there I got to believe the helmet
is not everyday.
That photo was at the starting line at Milan Dragway. Thus the helmet.
2C87AF72-9282-4A6E-AD28-F9BE0740121A.jpeg
6606AD17-4F5B-4FE1-8349-8E45E8B383EF.png
1CA0CAC9-BF87-4E00-B62D-8B643D82CBBD.png

edco

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
12.6 - 12.8, with the occasional f-up in the 13 - 13.1 range. Car 8 on these slips.
E7E99B6B-D703-4C59-ADD0-4B828CB3F796.jpeg
Impressive numbers. Best I can see is 110.54 mph is top speed. It looks like a Camarofest, right?

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Impressive numbers. Best I can see is 110.54 mph is top speed. It looks like a Camarofest, right?
Not really. Joint track rental with my Camaro Club and Vector Motorsports. So, a lot of Camaros, but not just Camaros.

Advertisement

101 - Anderson Composites - 1

Advertisement