Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I agree with everything you said. With what I saw tonight, the DH was the only one that stuck out to me, and it's basically spec'd as a Mach 1.
I also agree with this. Only one that looks appealing to me is the DH and I'm not about to trade my Mach in for it. I like how the Mach looks and in my opinion is more appealing on the exterior. I definitely like the interior upgrades though. I'm a techy person and really like the updated infotainment screen and cluster, but mostly the steering wheel.
Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Well it definitely has Start/Stop if you look at the button on the dash.

Historically, cylinder deactivation will only be forced upon the automatic drivers, manuals usually have that feature disabled.

Otherwise, a good upgrade overall. I think it looks better than my "Fusion" front end and the Dark Horse name is not bad. Ford can't skate on the old badges forever with all the boomers dying off and they need to market the performance variants to a new generation.
chevy puts it into both manual and automatic. I never thought Ford would do this to there engines. I actually left the camaro/corvette scene because of the modern small block. I guess we should be lucky the new 5.0L still has some port injection.

bullittman44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alain
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
that dark horse is not to bad at all, I'm sure it will look better in person, not crazy about that huge plastic bumper, curious how that dash would look at night ?

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
Not too bad, as others have said the Dark Horse version is the only one I would go for given what we have seen so far. Base car is more striking but in a "new 4 series" way than a "COOL!" way. I thought it was a Camaro or a charger at first. Depends on the angle.

If they eventually get into Shelby models/variants or some special model like a boss (which I'm sure they will with 8 years to develop those models by the end of the run), I think there is some solid design language here to make something truly badass with the new angular squared up look

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
You watch how this 7th Gen car and the Mach-E morphs into an Electric Mustang.

Sponsored

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
Most people are gonna dislike this new design but like the 18' refresh we will all soon come to terms with liking it. I think I will probably get a 2029-2030 model and make my 19' a track car when the time comes. I drive about 4k a year on my 19 so at 45k miles it'll be bout time for a new one 🤣

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Purists/enthusiasts hate them. Zoomers and woke suckers jumping all over them. Proof the world is truly going to crap.
The sky isn’t falling

Last edited:

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium / 2016 Camaro 2LT
Vehicle Showcase
So it's a re-re- fresh? Change the body and interior, slight engine change. Still a S550.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The lower part of the center controls looks cheaper than the S550 and that says a lot!
I don't like the dash layout, or the location of the AC vents. I wouldn't like the big LED screen going off to the right of the steering wheel either ... does someone really need that much screen to manipulate the car's functionality?

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
If it was just another s550, I wouldn't be planning to buy one. I am.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Is it just me, but overall shape is just a s550 design reuse/facelift

Front headlights is a definite 2015-2017 mustang theme.

Overall looks pretty classy.

But I did not like a deviation from eyebrows dash on the inside.

Design wise I will feel pretty comfortable in my 2017. I do not feel like outdated. Which is the way classic car design should be.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Front headlights is a definite 2015-2017 mustang theme.
I think the headlights are the biggest deviation from all other previous Mustangs. They really don't look like anything 6G. They don't look bad IMO, and give it a unique look. The tail lights don't look bad to me either.

The exterior of the 7G looks better to me initially than the 6G refresh in 2018 looked.

Reactions: DRB

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Dark horse has forged internals and different cams. It’s supposedly tuned to output over 500hp. Definitely not a Mach1.
This are 20 hp more than an Mach 1, suspension, chassis, swaybars, wheels and tires sizes even dimentions is all Mach 1. It is a Mach 1 with 20 hp more and GT350 brakes. Parts bin special even the forged internals are parts from the GT500 bin.
Sponsored