Not open for further replies.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Ok...have had Sync 3 installed for just under 2 months...and it is working fine. However, took car into dealer this morning due to backup camera issues (thinking it is wires in trunk that are fraying...relates to TSB SSM 47306). Before handing it over to the dealer, I brought up forescan and ran the DTC routine to explain that some DTC's will come up and for the service people to ignore them.

However, much to my surprise the DTC related to the right HVAC damper sensor appeared DESPITE PROGRAMMING THE FCDIM to be read as a "center stack".

Any ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
People looking to swap from base to Sync 3 or MFT to Sync 3 BE CAREFUL of eBay HU5Z hub resellers. I have had 3 people in the past two weeks purchase hubs (that were supposed to be genuine Ford) come to them in either plastic bags or brown cardboard boxes. AVOID THESE AT ALL COST. One of my FB customers bricked his APIM.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Thanks for the headsup....I think I got one too. The hub came in a box with GT brand logo, however on the hub itself there is a FoMoCo logo embossed. Good thing I didn’t get to installation.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Those I’m not sure about. They could be remans. I asked the person who’s APIM bricked to send it to me for inspection.

Sponsored

Yan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
If you are planning on doing the sync 3 mod, you can't go wrong with Hextall's re-pin N' play harness or plug N' play harness. He provides an as build worksheet with the harnesses and free support. I just completed the swap and his support was phenomenal. :handsinair: Thanks again Hextall! :like:
Totally agree with you. Happy customer here :like:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
People looking to swap from base to Sync 3 or MFT to Sync 3 BE CAREFUL of eBay HU5Z hub resellers. I have had 3 people in the past two weeks purchase hubs (that were supposed to be genuine Ford) come to them in either plastic bags or brown cardboard boxes. AVOID THESE AT ALL COST. One of my FB customers bricked his APIM.
Do you know what seller he purchased through? I bought this one. Just opened the package and it came in a brown cardboard box with no markings. Inside the box it was was the hub wrapped in a red bag then bubble wrapped. Has the FoMoCo stamp, but your description has me worried...
20181005_185522.jpg
20181005_185511.jpg

DBak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Hey there.. I just traded my 2015 Mustang, that I had upgraded to Sync 3 (with Nav and HD Radio) with 4DTech's display module, and bought a 2019 Mustang, but my new Mustang doesn't have HD Radio. Could I move the ACM from the 2015 to the 2019? Or is there something else I'd need to do since the 2019 doesn't have the cutout for the CD player or because they're completely different years?

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but for anyone doing the 4" to 8" upgrade I'm selling my GT350R premium bezel. I'm also gonna sell the screen and CD player and conversion harness, so if anyone needs anything let me know. Heres a link to the bezel i have it up on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/232958409630
s-l1600-4.jpg

ghostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2017 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I will be taking time off from my regular job at the end of this month to start production of Sync 3 swap harnesses, MFT harnesses, ACM-RCA harnesses and DSP-RCA harnesses. If you are local to Columbus or Cincinnati, Ohio and you are going to do the swap in a car other than Mustang I want to speak with you!

I'd also like to know how many people are interested in some kind of multi-part video series on Sync swaps, FORScan programming and other add-ons such as RPA or adding My Color. I picture it as a video FAQ.
Thanks for all your support here! I'm interested in adding My Color. Speaking of lighting, I noticed that my door lock and window switches lights stay on whenever the ignition is on. Is that the normal state on base cars or is it something that can be modified with FORScan programming. I noticed it after upgrading to Sync 3 but it may have always been like that.

Sponsored

jchew80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Just purchased a 2016 Mustang GT Premium. Love it! I'm frustrated a little becuase the dealer said I was fully up to date technology wise, I was so excited didn't even think to check version #s.

Got home and started playing with it and realized I'm sync 3 with nav but sitting at version 1.0... wtf. Would someone mind pointing me in the direction to be able to run apps? I've looked everything to try and get any apps to work especially android auto, mainly waze. I see thread after thread on upgrading sync 3 without navigation but not much on sync 3 with nav... I've updated everything, phone, apps, car. I have a Note 8, tried my wife's Note 5 and used my iPhone and still no apps. Of course on owner.ford.com, it says I have the latest version. I dont think I do. Anyone had this issue?

Should I look to upgrade to v2 and the v3? Is that even an option? Man I want waze.

Thanks for the help and sorry for the noob question.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to update as well, just finished my Sync 3 install and I've got version 2.2 and can't find any files for the 3.0 install/update. I've seen some mentions of grabbing a Premium VIN and adding it to the Ford Owner site and I can do that fine, but the page to get Sync updates isn't doing anything. It says update available then I click to begin the download and it just spins a loading wheel endlessly. Any ideas?

This is using Chrome and when I try Internet Explorer or Edge, I get login errors even if I try Forgot my Password and try to reset it.

rii_505

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost 2018
I'm trying to update as well, just finished my Sync 3 install and I've got version 2.2 and can't find any files for the 3.0 install/update. I've seen some mentions of grabbing a Premium VIN and adding it to the Ford Owner site and I can do that fine, but the page to get Sync updates isn't doing anything. It says update available then I click to begin the download and it just spins a loading wheel endlessly. Any ideas?

This is using Chrome and when I try Internet Explorer or Edge, I get login errors even if I try Forgot my Password and try to reset it.
https://www.4dtech.com/software-updates/

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

rii_505

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost 2018
Thanks a ton! Of course it is all right there in a nice easy link.

edit » this would be a good time to clearly ask: can I go straight from 2.2 to 3.0 or should I do 2.2 to 2.3 to 3.0?
yes, sir! you can go from 2.2 to 3.0 :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.