Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Not hard to understand.

First, not all potential buyers read mustang6g and do a tone of research before buying the car. They see an engine swap, it is an automatic red flag. Walk away from something questionable, look elsewhere without further investigation, is most people's first reaction - especially when buying a used car. If they do a lot of research... well then, this thread is like a 'buyer-beware' type of sign.
People canceled their orders on 2014 911 GT3 due to the engine replacement recall, despite the fact that Porsche gave extra 1-year warranty on the new engine.

Second, engine swapping is not as simple as changing battery on your Nokia. No one wants the car to be opened up, unplugged or parts unscrewed.

Last, some dealer tech couldn't even install a front splitter properly with the instruction manual on hand, I don't know who to trust when it comes to engine installation.
Point 1 I don't care because I have no plans to ever sell. Points 2 and 3, it's under warranty, if the dealer blows the install, they have to fix it.

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yes, it's probably not the same technicians swapping filters as swapping an engine but regardless, there's a precedence for poor dealer work at Ford's dealerships.
Ya, but it most likely is the same UAW union chumps building the Voodoo that build every other Ford product. Unions don't reward and breed excellence. Quite the opposite. And their end product proves it.

RedWhiteBlues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Lightning Blue
Ya, but it most likely is the same UAW union chumps building the Voodoo that build every other Ford product. Unions don't reward and breed excellence. Quite the opposite. And their end product proves it.
Dude, come on - it's a thread about blown engines not a platform for you to make gross generalizations about people you don't even know. Grow up.

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
2017 GT350R 7k Miles - Engine is kaput, no compression on Cylinder 5. For those that have gone through repairs or buybacks, would you be willing to offer some advice and expertise? Please PM me. I'm at a a weird crossroads with this, I'm almost certain I don't want a car that had engine swap done at a dealer.
Anyone? Is this the wrong thread to ask? Are people being asked to sign non-disclosure on process or details?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Anyone? Is this the wrong thread to ask? Are people being asked to sign non-disclosure on process or details?
i'd look into your state laws and be ready to get representation if necessary. limit what you post online about your situation until its resolved.
i wouldn't want an engine swapped car either so good luck. sucks you are in this position.

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Dude, come on - it's a thread about blown engines not a platform for you to make gross generalizations about people you don't even know. Grow up.
Does the engine say UAW on it? Are there an inordinate amount of failures occurring? Yes. My engine failed. Did yours? It is my opinion that IF you are going to impose and proudly wear the UAW union brand (which I know all about, to the raging fury of union members) on the engine, then your reputation is on the line. No excuses. I don't make excuses when I put my name on product...I would put money it is stemming from incompetent UAW employees. Why would you expect anything less?...My panel gaps are a joke. Such poor craftsmanship.

RedWhiteBlues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Lightning Blue
Does the engine say UAW on it? Are there an inordinate amount of failures occurring? Yes. My engine failed. Did yours? It is my opinion that IF you are going to impose and proudly wear the UAW union brand (which I know all about, to the raging fury of union members) on the engine, then your reputation is on the line. No excuses. I don't make excuses when I put my name on product...I would put money it is stemming from incompetent UAW employees. Why would you expect anything less?...My panel gaps are a joke. Such poor craftsmanship.
The reality is that people on the forum can only speculate what the issue is - that includes you. The issue with the engines that have failed could be many - bad engineering, bad run of critical parts, accountants wanting to save a nickel here and there. Poor assembly, like you say, is also possible or even a combination of things.

I would bet money that the vast majority of union workers are like anyone else - they work hard and want to do a great job. Some people don't care but only to the same extent as non union workers. After all, being in or not in a union doesn't make a person more or less competent at their job. A lazy person doesn't become a better worker if they are in a non union job and vice-versa.

To be fair - you know who built your engine - they signed it! But without any real facts, it's unreasonable to blame UAW. And for the same reason, just as unreasonable to blame anyone - we don't have anywhere near enough information.

Front Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP2
For what it's worth, I live in a right to work / non-union state, NC, and some of the workers here are just as sorry. I'd be willing to bet that its the same everywhere.

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
We all know about the genesis of unions. We all know about the incompetence they breed. We all know unions are a racket to shake down corporations, and their schtick is protecting the incompetent and getting them overpaid...I have lived and breathed one way or another adversely effected by unions. When I lifted the hood and saw the UAW Proud, with a couple favored union member signatures on it, I had absolutely no faith the engine would be of good quality. This is no massive revelation...Says UAW, and it is blows.

Did I mention the horrible paint on my UAW GT350?

Inconvenient truth....Did I mention Detroit?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
No. And before your post I didn't even know robots were in the UAW.
Whoever the affirmative action union worker watching the robot is, best start watching the robot. Betcha the Japs, Koreans or Germans could easily sort out the panel and paint issues. Is the robot also putting on the body panels? Cuz thems fucked up too.

I will now heed my own advice (see below).

Jossyfilms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2018 orange fury gt350
Welp after the long struggle of getting this car in May and putting just under 4600 miles on it just got work from the dealer that my engine is going to be replaced. The bearings in the motor are starting to seize and it wasn’t an issue of low oil when the incident happened it had over half of the dip stick to go so add me to the list of blown/replaced engines
Chasis #: J0328
Miles: 4600
Year: 2018

Jossyfilms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2018 orange fury gt350
Another question anyone have an idea of how long the buy back process takes just wondering to see if I should try for a 2019 or try and get another 2018 probably gunna go for an R this time

GT350-H6088

Mustang with a Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 (H6088) RR Black stripes/white p
Started the process with the dealer to monitor oil consumption, I am daily driving in Washington DC traffic so no high revs, 40 miles a day 5 days a week, and I am doing through 1 qt every 2 weeks. 400 miles per qt. Am I next for a engine failureat. 2017 mid September build date...