SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_hd02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
You actually need to program the APIM based on your transmission (AT or MT)...can't remember the bit on the as-built but this definitely will fix your issue.
It makes sense. That's the only thing I didn't change when I swapped the APIM from the auto to the manual car. I will program the APIM according to Spart's post. Hopefully that will fix it.

Thank you guys.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
It makes sense. That's the only thing I didn't change when I swapped the APIM from the auto to the manual car. I will program the APIM according to Spart's post. Hopefully that will fix it.

Thank you guys.
Let us know what happens. I hope it has been misprogrammed ABD this whole time. :doh:

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Hi guys, didn’t want to open a whole tread for this but quick question. I just saw that the base 18 has a digital speedometer. Is there any way to enable this on the 15-17 yet, maybe with forscan?
Thanks

Last edited:

tom_hd02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Problem solved!!! GPS works like a charm. I change the tranny APIM as-built data from Auto to manual. That’s why it worked well on the auto but had issues on the manual car.

Thanks guys.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hi guys, didn’t want to open a whole tread for this but quick question. I just saw that the base 18 has a digital speedometer. Is there any way to enable this on the 15-17 yet, maybe with forscan?
Thanks
It's been discussed in the As-Built thread, the 15-17 won't take the 18+ firmware and there's no way to enable it on the 15-17 cluster because it just isn't present.

You could do an 18 cluster swap (digital or analog.)

Or do what I did and upgrade to GT350 land. :D

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Problem solved!!! GPS works like a charm. I change the tranny APIM as-built data from Auto to manual. That’s why it worked well on the auto but had issues on the manual car.

Thanks guys.
Awesome! At least we have a solution to this vexing problem now.

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi All. Quick question... I swapped in a Sync 3 radio that came from a GT350. Everything is working well except the door chimes radio volume and navigation prompt volume are all very quiet. To here music I need to have the volume at least around 20 before I can really hear it, and can barely hear door chimes or nav prompts at all.

I assume I need to update As-Built values of the APIM and have FORscan ready to go. I'm just not sure if I should use the values from a 2016 GT premium (what the car essentially is now, as far as the stereo is concerned) or the value from a GT350 (the donor radio/APIM). And should I update all APIM values or just specific ones? Any help would be appreciated!

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Hi All. Quick question... I swapped in a Sync 3 radio that came from a GT350. Everything is working well except the door chimes radio volume and navigation prompt volume are all very quiet. To here music I need to have the volume at least around 20 before I can really hear it, and can barely hear door chimes or nav prompts at all.

I assume I need to update As-Built values of the APIM and have FORscan ready to go. I'm just not sure if I should use the values from a 2016 GT premium (what the car essentially is now, as far as the stereo is concerned) or the value from a GT350 (the donor radio/APIM). And should I update all APIM values or just specific ones? Any help would be appreciated!
It is actually the ACM that needs updating but it is a good idea to code the APIM to your vehicle as well. I have to go back through my notes though to find the right ACM data.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Awesome! At least we have a solution to this vexing problem now.
It appears the solution is the foil or metal under the antenna and the change to the correct trans. I messed with this earlier and it was off with an Amazon antenna if I had only one or the other. I went back to the RaceLogic antenna with the stock metal bracket and it was fine. Good work by everyone who contributed to this one!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

PM me and I’ll give you the full set for your car.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

Stop what you're doing and follow the instructions here.

[MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION], I've lost track of how many times I've sent these instructions to people. It really needs to go in the OP.

ETA: also note that if you swapped both the APIM and the ACM, you'll have some extra work to do in the ACM to get full functionality. That ACM was setup to work with additional amplification.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Stop what you're doing and follow the instructions here.

[MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION], I've lost track of how many times I've sent these instructions to people. It really needs to go in the OP.

ETA: also note that if you swapped both the APIM and the ACM, you'll have some extra work to do in the ACM to get full functionality. That ACM was setup to work with additional amplification.
Very useful. Would be nice if everything not vehicle specific could be combined and displayed in the OP.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
[MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] [MENTION=6944]zackmd1[/MENTION] a complete re-write is under way. Spart and I are answering the same questions over and over. Part of that is people just glancing through the OP though.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
[MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] [MENTION=6944]zackmd1[/MENTION] a complete re-write is under way. Spart and I are answering the same questions over and over. Part of that is people just glancing through the OP though.
If you need help, let me know.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.