Sponsored

Ford Confirms 2019 Shelby GT500 Mustang, Supercharged V8 Over 700HP [Teaser Video]

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
I'm super pleased to see Ford soon to be back at the top of the PONY car spectrum, and the long time a cumin ... I think ... will result in a fine end product, that will bridge between the handling oriented Camaro's and straight line Demon !!

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
I wonder if Ford will do a KR version and make it track focused. They could do a delete option for the seats like the Demon and lose a few pounds. Could also make the big wing an option for track use.

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
I'm just waiting on the price and full reveal of the car. I hope it's priced rt there with the zl1. I wish it had the aggressive 18 headlights but oh well. I like the 18 taillights. I'm sure there will be an R or KR package. Time to get the GT350 ready for sale.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Um.... A CPC 5.2 has existed as a crate engine for awhile now... So yes people have heard what a 5.2 CPC sounds like... It sounds like a coyote.

Again that said, this is just my thought after hearing the video. I might be right or I might be wrong. I do not think it will be very long before we find out though.
I have some pretty good speakers here at work, and I will agree with you that it definitely sounds like a voodoo in the video. But I can about guarantee the marketing team just threw that sound clip in there. Go check out the video of the Bullitt and there's one part that shows the LCD gauge cluster as the person is driving the car and it shows the gear selector indicators for the auto tranny on the bottom, even though the Bullitt will clearly be manual only. Minor details can definitely be overlooked by people that cut and paste stuff in.

With that being said, here's what the 5.2L CPC naturally aspirated engine sounds like....

[ame]

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
350 is going away, 18 is last year and I think production stops next month for the 350
The GT350/R does not start up again in FR until early March and will continue until late May or early June.

;)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hear that??? The sound of GT350R prices crashing!!!

Hopefully Ford has some more detailed information coming soon. From the little bit I can tell from the render in the video it looks like a widebody GT350 with some tweaks.

I'm ready to collect some Camaro ZL1 1LE and Dodge Demon tears!
Now that's funny!

:lol:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Highly unlikely!!!

:lol::lol:
Agreed. The majority of GT350 owners know what they bought and why. I see many buying a GT500 in addition to their GT350, but most not trading in. They're different cars for different purposes.

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I can see this handling well on the track, but when it comes to the 1/4 mile drag strip it will still be behind the Demon

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I can see this handling well on the track, but when it comes to the 1/4 mile drag strip it will still be behind the Demon
And Ford DGAF about it. Chances are it'll be close in the real world. Not a single journalist was able to approach breaking into the 9s when they all got in them (mostly mid 10s). Newton's second law is a SOB.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Any word/rumors/hints on whether - get your pitchforks ready - there's going to be a convertible variant? As we all know, there _was_ one in the previous incarnation, but Ford may have totally different market segment / buyer targets for this one.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
And Ford DGAF about it. Chances are it'll be close in the real world. Not a single journalist was able to approach breaking into the 9s when they all got in them (mostly mid 10s). Newton's second law is a SOB.
I for one don't give a frack about the Demon. You can already tell from the teaser this is going to be a more well rounded car. The Demon is a side show! You notice you have not heard much of anything since the cars have started being delivered. A one trick pony is just that and in a street car that would get old really quick! If it's your cup of tea enjoy. I'm just glad Ford didn't go that route.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I dunno guys...... that video looks sort of CGI to me.

If so, then the soundtrack could be anything - including a GT350.

It is, after all, a teaser.
See Below

Thats only a rendering video.
The pictures and sounds are not real.
I agree, just a hype video.

So Judging by the screen grabs and some of the comments in here what are we thinking? Is this going right after the ZL1 1LE in terms of track performance or is it going to split the middle between the ZL1 and 1LE version?
Sponsored