Sponsored

Leaked: 2019 GT500 5.2L Supercharged Engine Wiring CAD Diagram from Ford!

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Yes, but tire friction wouldn't be an issue, with nearly all the HP available to overcome that...wonder how exhausting into a vacuum would work? I suppose the intake air would need to be regulated at a very low pressure, but then you wouldn't have the proper amount of mass to make the HP. This is what you do - you hook the exhaust up to a capture tank maintained at 14.7psia using a pressure bladder, bleed off the exhaust to the vacuum via a pressure relief valve, and regulate the bottled intake to ~14.7psia. That's the trick...
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The S550 as a whole isn't that great for CD, and the GT350 is worse. It's done for good reasons: aero performance, cooling, etc, but it's not a slippery car. A 911 is much more so, for instance.

The 500 will have enough power to overcome the drag from the aero.
In an attempt to get this back on track, what do you know about R versions of the 500? Will there be R's or KR's in the first year?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
In an attempt to get this back on track, what do you know about R versions of the 500? Will there be R's or KR's in the first year?
Unfortunately only aware of the hardware set available, not necessarily how they'll be offered/named. Might be one, could be two, but don't know. I do know that they're on VP cars now, which is encouraging as there are always marketing cars out of that batch.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Got to be getting closer to seeing her then! At least we now know she is coming!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm hoping its simply a track pack and standard pack,
transmission choice - manual or DCT
DONE

Standard package has aluminum rims, all have radio, AC recaros, (but coolers are good enough for some mild tracking ;) Just enough to keep the lawsuits from coming in)

track pack adds $
large Spoiler, (splitter stays the same), Carbon wheels, CC brakes, guts back seats and adds carbon bits and additional intercoolers
Add back seats for $1. (like the demon)

Not very difficult here
But I get that it will help dealers rake in the ADM if they call it an 'R' model. It will keep it low volume.
In that case, I'll wait for one until I find it at MSRP, and if it takes too long, I'll skip and get the ME Vette (if it looks good)

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
DONE

Standard package has aluminum rims, all have radio, AC recaros, (but coolers are good enough for some mild tracking ;) Just enough to keep the lawsuits from coming in)

track pack adds $
large wing, (splitter stays the same), Carbon wheels, CC brakes, guts back seats and adds carbon bits and additional intercoolers

Not very difficult here
But I get that it will help dealers rake in the ADM if they call it an 'R' model. It will keep it low volume.
In that case, I'll wait for one until I find it at MSRP, and if it takes too long, I'll skip and get the ME Vette (if it looks good)
That would make sense. I wonder if they would offer the track package as a limited allocation such as the R was for the 350. The agreement I have with my dealer is that if an R or equivalent is available, I would be able to have it. I am slotted for the first allocation the dealer gets.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
DONE

track pack adds $
large Spoiler, (splitter stays the same), Carbon wheels, CC brakes, guts back seats and adds carbon bits and additional intercoolers

Not very difficult here
Hopefully, Ford won't make the same mistake with the coolers again. The car should at least get through a few 20 minutes HPDE session on a hot day.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I was thinking since we've seen a normal rotor and then the mention of CC - that the normal one would be on the GT500 and the CC would be on whatever R or KR model they come up with as one of the upgrades. I'm thinking something like this:

GT500
ALuminum Wheels
Standard brakes

GT500KR
CF wheels
CC brakes
CUP2s
RSD
slightly different aero

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
DONE

track pack adds $

Not very difficult here
^^ Kinda agreed with you there... but after the excitement they generated with the R model, I doubt they will give up the opportunity to make two different models out of it again as opposed to "just" a package.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
^^ Kinda agreed with you there... but after the excitement they generated with the R model, I doubt they will give up the opportunity to make two different models out of it again as opposed to "just" a package.

I agree. Ford would totally miss the boat if....

1) They did not produce a car that was a ZL1/1LE (or better) slayer.
2) Did not offer some kind of race package as mentioned above.
3) Screwed the pooch without enough cooling capacity
4) (And the part that I am concerned with to a point) Pricing. I don't mind paying a fair price for what I'm getting. I've already negotiated the ADM and it is something I can live with, however, you reach a point where it is no longer as attractive if the cost is driven way up. machsmith said it well, a mid engine Vette may be a great alternative if the 500 is not cost effective (and therein lies my escape clause). :D

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I'll take either way as long as they don't make it like unobtainium!! If you get in line and got the cash you should be able to get what you want!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
My dealer will plead its case, and if they CAN'T get one, im out. I wont be getting the 'regular' one, and I'm not dropping an additional $ on top this go round. IMO it wont be special enough to do that. Show me a 429 boss NA, and I'll drop 20K over on it without worry.... otherwise I'm not worried about price on this car, even the mac daddy version.
I'll wait it out and maybe I'll get the '21 MY with more HP and tech goodies BmaciL alluded to. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm excited, none the less, as it feels good that ford is going to respond to the ZL1.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
could the DCT implement a torque converter? From the first post video, the car is seen rolling back before it takes off. This would show that it doesn't have a converter on it.
Could mean manual, but I'm wondering if there could be a torque converter on this DCT?

Last edited:

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
DONE

track pack adds $

Not very difficult here
I REALLY hope that they offer a track/competition that is power adjustable. The standard power seat I feel isn’t bolstered Enough for track days. And it’s pathetic that they up charge you for manual seats! Do they at least have Power pedal and steering wheel adjustment?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It'll most likely come with recaros, like the 350. Hoping its in leather, like the last GT500. I liked those seats. The 350's grip your body more and feel that they are more geared toward racing. My pedals on the 350R don't have adjusments. I could see the DCT/auto version having it tho, especially in the all out street pack (all the heavy stuff, like back seat, radio etc)
Sponsored