Sponsored

Ford Confirms 2019 Shelby GT500 Mustang, Supercharged V8 Over 700HP [Teaser Video]

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm super pleased to see Ford soon to be back at the top of the PONY car spectrum, and the long time a cumin ... I think ... will result in a fine end product, that will bridge between the handling oriented Camaro's and straight line Demon !!
IMO the GT350R was the top of the spectrum. This will be a cool car, no doubt.

No there's no hints or no like __no__ there's not ever/never/NFW-are-you-kidding-about-a-convertible-GT500 :lol:
Oh I was totally ready to attack you with my pitchfork. I had some rocks ready to throw as well.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Want one, but I have an idea that ADM will push the price over $100k easily.
Wait a few years. You'll have more money and the cars will cost less. Hopefully they will - unless everything goes over to electric and the last of the big power ICE dinosaurs shoot up in value. It's definitely possible.

Sponsored

RogerS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So Iā€™ve slept on it and decided something.

This car will be available in 15(!!) months from now. Itā€™ll barely make the ā€˜19 model year.

Is ford truly going to cancel the 350 in 5 months? The bullitt although cool canā€™t hold the torch for an entire model year.

Next thought, Ford is giving way to much time for GM to bake up something. A refreshed Camaro will show up in the next couple of months and by the time the 500 is available Team Camaro will have an ADDITIONAL model year to have an answer for this car.

Iā€™m not huge into supercharging anyway so Iā€™ll likely pass on this car. I donā€™t see a super version of this car coming for 2021 either as was previously stated. They only leaves just over a calendar year for sale of this version. Ford timelines donā€™t make sense.

Oh and good luck finding engine specs until literally the day before. Remember the ā€˜18 Mustang and the Ford GT? They allowed the GT to be in the media as the best power to weight car and then hushly released specs AFTER some already landed in customers hands. It also made less power then anticipated (Bmac might be able to confirm that).
There are photo's floating out there of a Camaro mule with carbon ceramic brakes.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Waiting on our talented photoshopers to tackle the puzzle. It's pretty clear what this beast is going to look like. I got impatient while playing Mr Mom this morning and did a quick sketch.....be gentle

I think it looks very snake-like (huge fangs, snake eyes, even a cobra hood created by the side vents running from the headlights). I love the black accents throughout the front bumper and blacked out headlights: I don't see stripes working with this designford:
img003.jpg

Last edited:

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
It wonā€™t weigh less than 4000lb and it wonā€™t have more than 750HP (actually is closer to the Hellcat power than to the ZR1 power). I know itā€™s sad to hear that but it will be a monster either way.

I will try to get one in about two years once the depreciation kills the car hahaha

Waiting on our talented photoshopers to tackle the puzzle. It's pretty clear what this beast is going to look like. I got impatient while playing Mr Mom this morning and did a quick sketch.....be gentle

I think it looks very snake-like (huge fangs) and love the black accents throughout the front bumper: I don't see stripes working with this designford:
:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Who cares what Camaro is next, or whatever is next. If the car is good it will stand on its own. If the car is bad then something else will outsell it/out desire it

Z06 is great. Especially the 20k dollar discounts at the end of the year will make it cheaper than the GT500 for sure. We can all get one of those

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang

I think it looks very snake-like (huge fangs) and love the black accents throughout the front bumper: I don't see stripes working with this designford:
Thatā€™s awesome!! Ha. I love it

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Highly unlikely!!!

:lol::lol:
Oh really ...There is a ton of used 350ā€™s in the market already. Some of us need the seat in the pants feel of torque down low. Just watch what happens when the GT500 hits the streets. :cheers:

Last edited:

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
It wonā€™t weigh less than 4000lb and it wonā€™t have more than 750HP (actually is closer to the Hellcat power than to the ZR1 power). I know itā€™s sad to hear that but it will be a monster either way.
Then it will be a heavy monster and I suspect, unless thereā€™s some real magic happening, wonā€™t be able to outperform itā€™s target. I still canā€™t fathom where they are adding 400 pounds over the 350. 400!

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Then it will be a heavy monster and I suspect, unless thereā€™s some real magic happening, wonā€™t be able to outperform itā€™s target. I still canā€™t fathom where they are adding 400 pounds over the 350. 400!
Adding 300 over the regular track pack 350.

Trans will be 60-80 more
Supercharger 100-120
Wheels tires, brakes, sway bars, axles. All adds up

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
Thatā€™s FORD Magic my friend!! :ford:

But it will, trust me (unless you see the Demon as a competitor)

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Thatā€™s FORD Magic my friend!! :ford:

But it will, trust me (unless you see the Demon as a competitor)
I do not. Not the least bit interested in the Demon. Cool car from the factory, but not for me
Sponsored