Sponsored

Ford Confirms 2019 Shelby GT500 Mustang, Supercharged V8 Over 700HP [Teaser Video]

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Ha!

That did not sound like anything CPC to me. I have never heard a CPC coyote based engine sound like that. I guess it is possible they modified the exhaust to sound like an FPC but personally I think it is a FPC 5.2. That would also line up with the fact that they are discontinuing the FPC 5.2 NA.
Now you are just trying to cause trouble. This is a Supercharged CPC 5.2L. And the FPC 5.2L will live on in the GT350.
Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I dunno guys...... that video looks sort of CGI to me.

If so, then the soundtrack could be anything - including a GT350.

It is, after all, a teaser.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Doubt it. S550 chassis is inherently heavier than the Camaro and DCT weighs more than automatics. The auto ZL1 is damn near 4,000lbs.
ZL1 1LE is 3837 lbs. I'm expecting within about 50 of that. A base GT PP is within about 40 of a 1SS, for reference.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I dunno guys...... that video looks sort of CGI to me.

If so, then the soundtrack could be anything - including a GT350.

It is, after all, a teaser.
Lots of cgi in the GT350 teaser as well

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Makes me want a 5.2 A10 Mach1 type car even more.
I will never be able to afford this.
But I still give major props!

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
ZL1 1LE is 3837 lbs. I'm expecting within about 50 of that. A base GT PP is within about 40 of a 1SS, for reference.
hmmm. so something closer to 5.4 then perhaps??

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Lots of cgi in the GT350 teaser as well

Yep - just sayin'.... it's been done before on these.

I just re-watched the new one and it really looks like mostly CGI to me. Maybe the close-ups of the wheels and such a little less, but the car driving away and the shots that pan around the various areas of the moving car don't look real.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Hey you guys can laugh all you want! I am just stating what I think that engine is. :cheers:
Sounds more like maybe what you want it to be, to me. It’s not like anyone here has ever heard a CPC 5.2 before.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This is good stuff I was hoping for just north of 800hp but 700+ is still bad ass :hail:

Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Makes me want a 5.2 A10 Mach1 type car even more.
I will never be able to afford this.
But I still give major props!
Likely pretty good guess on a 5.2 NA CPC engine making 500hp and an A10 for a Mach1 IMO that is if they dont bastardize the Mach1 name plate.

SVTClark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra
All the nay sayers need to chill tf out. Haven’t even seen the car or even actual specs yet they freaking out. The digital gauges on the 2018 Mustang reveal had 3 sets of numbers on them. 455,475, and 755. So far 2 out of the 3 have been confirmed to be hp numbers of the GT (460) the Bullitt (475). I have every right to believe that the new Predator with make 755hp.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
350 is going away, 18 is last year and I think production stops next month for the 350
Yeah that is what it is shaping up to be. GT500 should be 19-20 only I expect (I doubt the 7th gen got "canceled" since only one person in the entire world said it was).

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Sad they weren't able to deliver on what insiders had been saying for the better part of a year (800+), including people who've driven it. That was the goal.
I learned that Powertrain hit some silly numbers with the engine very early going but the rest of the drivetrain wasn't up to snuff, hence it being dialed back. I also wonder at what point legal has an influence considering the target market.

Listen to the video... That is not a CPC V8.
0:25-0:29
Sounds identical to the voodoo if you ask me.
Ok! I am not here to argue. Just from what I hear, it sounds like FPC to me. Again as I have stated, I could be completely wrong but that is just what it sounds like to me. Different exhaust designs can certainly make an engine sound very different though. :thumbsup:
Zack I'd have to agree with you on the sound. Once it blends from the old GT500 to the new there is a distinct burble that had me thinking GT350 - instantly. Sounds very near my Borla equipped GT350...

[ame]

But as much as it does sound a bit like the engine in the GT350 I do not believe that you'll be seeing the flat crank in it. Doesn't make sense in a lot of ways.

Looks like Bmac had poor info. Ferruk was correct.
Bmac had good intel on the engine as Ford was there. They just dialed it back for good reason. Personally, I never saw it being much more than 700 because it probably was more than what the car needed in order to accomplish its mission which clearly (based on the video) isn't a heavy drag-strip (only) influence.

Those hood vents look a lot like the previous gen ZL1 hood vents as well... That is kinda bothering me a bit.
Looks like a variant of the GT4 Mustang main louvered section.

By the way I want those Cobra center caps!!
I saw that and felt like somebody was listening. I did these a couple of years ago in Solidworks.

Hopefully, the finished cap from Ford has more detail than what were depicted in the GT500 clip we just got.

When I first watched it I didn’t notice then I went back and the back appears wider. Which like your post above would explain some weight gain, and some WIDE tires. I’d love that, that would be nice and unique from your run of the mill mustang.
I have studied it frame by frame a number of times now. Something is definitely going on out back that hopefully allows for a 335/345 any poke.