Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
(crickets)
Maybe try posting a new thread specific to the Group Buy. Unless anyone has one of these already or is looking for info on them, they might not be looking at this thread. Posting a new one will probably grab a lot of people's attention and increase interest.
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
That's 3, two to go...I'm in IF I have support from you Patrick if I run into issues.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
That's 3, two to go...I'm in IF I have support from you Patrick if I run into issues.
I will be able to provided limited support, because I don't have the funds to order a unit. If 5 people want to add $80 to their price, I can buy one lol.

Sponsored

haruitk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2017 V6 Convertible- Black
Looks to be great alternative for Sync3. I have the base 4" sync, so very interested in getting this unit. Everything else seems good but Do the Reverse sensing system and Active park assist features work?

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks to be great alternative for Sync3. I have the base 4" sync, so very interested in getting this unit. Everything else seems good but Do the Reverse sensing system and Active park assist features work?
The reverse camera image is apparently stuck in "Zoomed" mode, I can't speak for the reverse sensing or park assist.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I remember someone in this thread saying that when in reverse if they almost take out of gear (I'm guessing slightly moving the lever, that it looks like normal view). It's almost like the voltage threshold for going into camera mode is slightly off?

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I remember someone in this thread saying that when in reverse if they almost take out of gear (I'm guessing slightly moving the lever, that it looks like normal view). It's almost like the voltage threshold for going into camera mode is slightly off?

Is that with AT or MT?

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The camera has a zoomed mode. Some how its triggered on the radio. I saw that you can reset the camera but I dont have the software to do that. I am not certain it would work anyway.

On that note let me email my supplier and ask.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I thought they were talking AT...let me try searching the thread...gimme a few minutes...

EM1turbo posted this...3. Reverse camera works flawlessly, always has. People just don't know how to connect it that's all.

this person has AT
jpr1957 posted this...Last night as I was putting the car in the garage and moving the shift lever into reverse I saw a zoomed out normal rear camera view for a moment. I found that when the shifter is just a little bit forward in the R reverse location the camera displays a normal view! I'm not sure what this means but I intend to figure it out. It might have something to do with a switch on the shifter mechanism. Hmmm.....

He goes on to say this in another posting...I noticed on the back up camera it zooms out to a normal view when I unlock and push the shift lever slowly forward until the R in the gear display goes out. The transmission is still in reverse so I now manually unzoom the camera when backing. I'm hoping that maybe there is a signal to the R display that is going through the Seicane wiring harness that I can disconnect. I haven't had time to look at the factory wiring diagram to see where the wire from the transmission selector switch goes.

That's what I found

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought they were talking AT...let me try searching the thread...gimme a few minutes...

EM1turbo posted this...3. Reverse camera works flawlessly, always has. People just don't know how to connect it that's all.

this person has AT
jpr1957 posted this...Last night as I was putting the car in the garage and moving the shift lever into reverse I saw a zoomed out normal rear camera view for a moment. I found that when the shifter is just a little bit forward in the R reverse location the camera displays a normal view! I'm not sure what this means but I intend to figure it out. It might have something to do with a switch on the shifter mechanism. Hmmm.....

He goes on to say this in another posting...I noticed on the back up camera it zooms out to a normal view when I unlock and push the shift lever slowly forward until the R in the gear display goes out. The transmission is still in reverse so I now manually unzoom the camera when backing. I'm hoping that maybe there is a signal to the R display that is going through the Seicane wiring harness that I can disconnect. I haven't had time to look at the factory wiring diagram to see where the wire from the transmission selector switch goes.

That's what I found

Isn't reverse a lock-out-lift, then all the way left and forward on these? EM1Turbo could always share what others did wrong, but I doubt it.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
That would be the only thing in common...the MT with lock-out lift and the AT pressing the top button of the shifter to move between gears. This would not an issue with the 8" one would it?

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
I'm the one that found out that if I unlock and move the AT shift lever forward slightly until the R goes out on the center information display the camera un-zooms. The other day I discovered that the back up light under the bumper also goes out.

I just haven't had time to study the factory wiring diagrams to try and figure out what is going on. If I can limit the signal to the Secaine unit to come from the automatic transmission gear shifter only and not get another signal from the backup light maybe the camera would stay wide angle.
Sponsored