10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
That's good news since I have a base model...their pic looks like it is for a premium bezel, but scrolling way down, like you said, it says send them a pic of your radio area to see if it fits...
How quickly did they respond to your inquiries?
Yes, if you are talking about the Secaine unit it only fits the base model. It took them awhile but eventually they put a picture on their web site stating that it does not work with the Premium radio. That is probably because the Premium bezel has an extra toggle switch along the bottom. The Secaine panel is built to use the base model buttons along the bottom and HVAC control panel. There are more buttons on the Premium bezel. When I had both bezels apart I tried to put the premium switches and HVAC button panels in the base bezel. The buttons fit but the HVAC control panel was little shorter. Then there's the problem of both bezels having completely different circuit boards on the back. They just can't be transferred easily if at all.

I actually bought a premium bezel off eBay back in December before I bought the car. After extensive research here on this forum I was considering doing a factory Sync 3 upgrade or trying to install a double-din unit using the Premium bezel after I bought a V6 base model Mustang. I was not going to buy the car if I couldn't upgrade the stereo. After I bought the car in January the Metra and Scosche units started production. Then when I saw the Secaine unit I knew I had to take a chance on that. It is almost unbelievable how many options have become available for upgrading the stereo/navigation since I first starting looking in December last year. I still can't believe how good the Secaine unit looks and works. It is more that I would have dreamed possible when I first starting planning a stereo upgrade before I bought the car.

The second picture is me holding the base model panels in the premium bezel. One of my ideas was to use the premium bezel with base model controls to install a Kenwood head unit. The panels kind of fit but I'd still have to use the large base model circuit board which would not allow the installation of the head unit without cutting it and then it might not function. I was desperate and it was was a gamble to see if it would work. Thankfully the Secaine unit came along.
IMG_2816a.jpg
IMG_2873a.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
It would awesome if you could do a write up on the install if you did it yourself.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Where does the USB connect to? Do you remove one from the back box. Sorry I didnt see that in the videos.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=28928]jpr1957[/MENTION] I was acutally talking about this one...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quad-Core-Android-6-0-Car-PC-DVD-Player-For-Ford-Mustang-Stereo-GPS-Navigation/262804566730since its a bit cheaper than the Seicane and the specs look the same. However there are two things that give me pause...the first is that their bezel looks like it's for the premium but not sure...second is there listing of outputs and I don't see much in regards to RCA outs which is what I need to go to my JL 6 channel amp.

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
Where does the USB connect to? Do you remove one from the back box. Sorry I didnt see that in the videos.
Good question! I've been meaning to post a message about this.

The adapter that came with the Secaine unit plugs into the black colored jack on the factory Sync box. It will not plug into the lighter colored one. The angle at the corner of the jack is on the opposite side.

Connect one of the USB cables on the head unit to the adapter and you will now be able to use the front USB jack under the start button for data transfer and charging. I ran the other USB cable into the glove box.

The rear USB jack in the storage area under the center console arm rest will have power to it for charging devices but it will not read data.

Here are a couple of pictures showing the jacks on the Sync box and the Secaine adapter.
IMG_2808a.jpg
IMG_2809a.jpg

Sponsored

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
The only other connection problem I had was that I connected the GPS antenna to the jack shown the Secaine web site. They even show the GPS antenna connected to the same jack on the overall components picture. That is wrong! I should have looked at the plug on the end of the antenna cable to see that the GPS has grooves for two fins while the factory radio antenna has one. I never took pictures of those two connectors so here is a picture off the Secaine web site. I added the red line through the GPS antenna and Radio Antenna text. It must be an early pre-production unit. The GPS jack is under the "RCA Port" but it doesn't look like the one in the picture. Again, look at the plugs and you will see which one goes to which jack by the grooves in the plug.
Seicane 03a.jpg

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
Another thing I did was cover all the wires on the Secaine wiring harness with split loom tubing and secured it with cable ties at each end. There are a lot of sharp edges on the metal supports under the dash. I didn't want to take a chance on a cut through the wire insulation and having a short circuit.

I also put plastic caps on the 15 RCA jacks that I didn't use. Again, I didn't want any short circuits. I bought the thread protector caps from MOCAP off internet. They are the RVCC9022-20 black round vinyl 7/16 (.437) inside diameter x 1-inch long. I had to buy 100 of them for $28 so I have some left over for other projects.

Here's a picture of my harness:
IMG_3029a.jpg

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Another thing I did was cover all the wires on the Secaine wiring harness with split loom tubing and secured it with cable ties at each end. There are a lot of sharp edges on the metal supports under the dash. I didn't want to take a chance on a cut through the wire insulation and having a short circuit.

I also put plastic caps on the 15 RCA jacks that I didn't use. Again, I didn't want any short circuits. I bought the thread protector caps from MOCAP off internet. They are the RVCC9022-20 black round vinyl 7/16 (.437) inside diameter x 1-inch long. I had to buy 100 of them for $28 so I have some left over for other projects.

Here's a picture of my harness:
i noticed it has a external microphone but on the front of the unit it also has a microphone?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
My backup camera is also zoomed, ill see if I can play with it. I see a wire with a ground no idea what that is for.

The wifi signal is weak which is par for the course with Chinese android products.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
So [MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28928]jpr1957[/MENTION]...are you two talking the same product? I thought one of you has the Seicane and the other the ebay option...so are these identical? If they are, then ebay it is since you save over $100, correct?

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
That's what I was asking I guess...you bought the one from ebay right? I don't see a difference between the two either other than there not being any pics on the ebay one for RCA's...that's all I was worried about and I'd rather get the ebay one since it's so much cheaper than the Seicane.

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
That's what I was asking I guess...you bought the one from ebay right? I don't see a difference between the two either other than there not being any pics on the ebay one for RCA's...that's all I was worried about and I'd rather get the ebay one since it's so much cheaper than the Seicane.
I have the Secaine unit. I bought it in January of this year.

It would be nice if the eBay seller had pictures of the wiring harness. The back of the head unit on the eBay one looks like the Secaine head unit. They are probably the same.

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
i noticed it has a external microphone but on the front of the unit it also has a microphone?
Even though I have been using my Secaine unit for several months now I forgot it does have a microphone at the top left corner of the dash panel. I can't find any setting to turn it on or off.

I've never used the external microphone. It is tied up under the center dash panel. I don't do any talking on the phone when I'm in my car. I've never set up the Bluetooth for the phone. I'm just cruising listening to music.

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
@jpr1957 I was acutally talking about this one...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quad-Core-A...rd-Mustang-Stereo-GPS-Navigation/262804566730since its a bit cheaper than the Seicane and the specs look the same. However there are two things that give me pause...the first is that their bezel looks like it's for the premium but not sure...second is there listing of outputs and I don't see much in regards to RCA outs which is what I need to go to my JL 6 channel amp.
The bezel on the eBay and Secaine units is for the base model push buttons and heater controls. I posted pictures in a message above showing both factory bezels. There are four push buttons at the bottom of the base model bezel for engine start, emergency flashers, traction control and steering. There is a bar between the three rectangular push buttons on the bezel. The premium has four toggle switches in this area and will not fit. The heater controls and circuit boards are different as well. These units definitely are for the base model Mustangs only.
Sponsored