PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
@Roh92cp bummer about winter....going to hit 89 in central florida this week :tsk:
So cool about the preamp outs etc...where did you run the amp switched power from? ignition? the Seicane?
I tapped into the Blue/White wire in the loom near the rear passenger speaker for mine. Works great for a remote turn on.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
[MENTION=16819]Roh92cp[/MENTION] bummer about winter....going to hit 89 in central florida this week :tsk:
So cool about the preamp outs etc...where did you run the amp switched power from? ignition? the Seicane?
There is a 12V ingnition on wire I tapped into that runs out of the wire harness for the rear speaker. It's a blue and white wire I tapped into from the wire bundle next to RR speaker.

Here is the sticky thread on wiring.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25501

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Sweet bro, thank you!

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
Turn the wheel all the way to the left and you can get them out. Just pop the clips (There's a boatload of them, including one underneath that you can't see if it's on the ground but you can feel it) and it'll come off easily enough. Had to do the same when routing power for my system install and found a 3/8" extension that must have fallen down when I did my intake/exhaust. It's really not that bad and you definitely don't have to remove the wheel.
I removed the 1/4-inch socket screwdriver handle several weeks ago. Like you said, all I had to do was remove the three push pins at the bottom rear of the inner fender and pull it back. Because the car was on a Kwik Lift I was able to be underneath the car to get to the nut driver. I don't have any push pins in the hole underneath at the rear of the inner fender. It really didn't take very long once I figured it out. Here's a picture:
IMG_2989a.jpg

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
Any new news , anybody? Do any of you who have this unit have subs connected to it? If so, is your remote turn for the amp coming of the unit or from somewhere else?
I guess I have a couple of things to report.

I did get the Torque app to work. It turns out I accidentally loaded the VW/Audi protocol in the last setting way down at the bottom of the list. Once I changed it to the first setting choice it started working. I need to customize the displays to what I like.

I noticed on the back up camera it zooms out to a normal view when I unlock and push the shift lever slowly forward until the R in the gear display goes out. The transmission is still in reverse so I now manually unzoom the camera when backing. I'm hoping that maybe there is a signal to the R display that is going through the Seicane wiring harness that I can disconnect. I haven't had time to look at the factory wiring diagram to see where the wire from the transmission selector switch goes.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying this unit. It looks great in the car.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the update...I'm pretty much sold on this when funding becomes available (more important mods first...still stock). I will see if I can find some wiring diagrams to look at next week and try and help track that camera issue down (too busy this week).

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
I found an outside ambient air temperature gauge in the Torque app that reads Fahrenheit. There is exterior temperature displayed in the the HVAC window that pops up every time the factory controls are adjusted but it is Celsius.

I deleted all the gauges that were loaded on the screen. In center area of the 7-panel screen I now have two big temperature gauges. I changed the setting so that this screen comes up when the app starts up. I will add other big gauges to the other panels that can be seen by wiping up or down on the screen. The app loads the center screen unless I can find a setting to change that. The little dots on the right side of the screen show I'm on the middle one. The task bar at the top of the screen is not normally showing. It is displayed because I used the screen shot function on a pull down menu and this task bar comes down as well.
Screenshot_20170330-151817.png

Last edited:

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Either my search skills are now lacking or I just can't find it...I searched high and low for a wiring diagram that shows the reverse line and where it goes...I'd love to trace this out and figure a solution for the zoomed in reverse camera. If you got 'em, post 'em.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found an outside ambient air temperature gauge in the Torque app that reads Fahrenheit. There is exterior temperature displayed in the the HVAC window that pops up every time the factory controls are adjusted but it is Celsius.

I deleted all the gauges that were loaded on the screen. In center area of the 7-panel screen I now have two big temperature gauges. I changed the setting so that this screen comes up when the app starts up. I will add other big gauges to the other panels that can be seen by wiping up or down on the screen. The app loads the center screen unless I can find a setting to change that. The little dots on the right side of the screen show I'm on the middle one. The task bar at the top of the screen is not normally showing. It is displayed because I used the screen shot function on a pull down menu and this task bar comes down as well.
I think you can also create Widgets in Torque that will place gauges over top of all other windows, and they auto start.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Either my search skills are now lacking or I just can't find it...I searched high and low for a wiring diagram that shows the reverse line and where it goes...I'd love to trace this out and figure a solution for the zoomed in reverse camera. If you got 'em, post 'em.
I think you can also create Widgets in Torque that will place gauges over top of all other windows, and they auto start.
Patrick do you guys also have issue with the Tesla and zoomed rear camera. Have you guys made any progress on finding the wiring responsible?

Sponsored

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patrick do you guys also have issue with the Tesla and zoomed rear camera. Have you guys made any progress on finding the wiring responsible?
Nope, reverse cam works great on the Tesla unit. All the backup cam wires are near the passenger rear speaker in the trunk.

Em1turbo

Emin's 5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0
Hey man!
Thanks for the great reviews, I have this unit in my mustang as well and everything works great, except I can't play music via USB. How did you connect the USB? I connected the port that's on the OEM front console to the seicane unit and it wont recognize my iphone to play music. Sync does see it but my problem is Sync only plays to my rear speaker (not sure why I wish I could fix this main problem).

What do you think went wrong here?

Thanks!

Em1turbo

Emin's 5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0
Just an update, it seems my USB works with a USB stick with mp3 songs, but it does not recognize the iphone. What do I do here?

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an update, it seems my USB works with a USB stick with mp3 songs, but it does not recognize the iphone. What do I do here?
Asking Android to acknowledge Apple is usually a fruitless effort.
Sponsored