Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Buyer beware, if you have an issue with your unit you likely will not get it resolved with Seicane. After another week of no response from Seicane and or delay tactics by them asking the same questions (just a stalling tactic) I am convinced they are not serious about after sales service what so ever. I will be leaving them negative reviews on You tube as well as their site and of course here. I also threatened them with Paypal dispute to see if that motivates them.

I've been asking them to respond to the following question or problems.

1. The steering wheel button settings and control programming feature doesn't work
2. My steering wheel voice commands button doesn't work
3. Blue tooth Iphone poor sound quality issue (others haven't had this issue)
4. No temp display on the home screen (found out it shows in celsius on the HVAC popup screen)
Sponsored

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
I finally got the car out of the garage in time to drive to work. The GPS isn't working. At first break I went out and tried to find some settings to change and open the GPS Plus app. Nothing changed. It is lunch time and I'm going out to try the new factory fog lights out in the dark. I work second shift. I want to shine them on a wall to see the aiming.

I took the clips out of the top center dash panel where the GPS antenna is under so it will be easy to remove tomorrow to see if anything happened to the antenna or cable to it.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I finally got the car out of the garage in time to drive to work. The GPS isn't working. At first break I went out and tried to find some settings to change and open the GPS Plus app. Nothing changed. It is lunch time and I'm going out to try the new factory fog lights out in the dark. I work second shift. I want to shine them on a wall to see the aiming.

I took the clips out of the top center dash panel where the GPS antenna is under so it will be easy to remove tomorrow to see if anything happened to the antenna or cable to it.
Well I hop you find the GPS clitch. My GPS worked even in my garage.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
jpr1957 have you tried the voice command button on the steering wheel yet?

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
I've tried the voice command button a few times but nothing happened. I never even used it with the original factory radio.

I will be working on the unit this weekend and will try to get the voice command working. I need to get the GPS working.

I also realized that the short USB adapter cable that came with the Seicane unit will plug into the USB cable with the black plug that connects to the bottom of the factory Sync box. The adapter will be plugged into one of the USB cables on the new head unit. I'm not sure which factory USB outlet the black plug cable goes to but I should have one of the factory USB outlets working. The other factory USB cable has a grey colored plug but the shape of it is opposite the black one and it won't plug into this adapter.

I also now have some 7/16-inch I.D. vinyl caps to put on the 15 RCA jacks I'm not using.

I'm going to be doing some upgrades and troubleshooting this weekend. I also found a Screen Shot function on a pull down window which makes it super easy to share pictures of what is on the screen at any time except when that pull down window is displayed. I will have to take a picture of that with a camera, which I will and post here with details.

Message Update: I just noticed the guys with the Tesla-style unit are trying to tap into the factory microphone. I've thought about this myself. I've been wanting to look at the factory service manual on DVD that I have to see where the wires are located. I will do it this weekend.

I'm going to show my car to some friends tomorrow but should begin working on it tomorrow evening.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Did yall pay a stupid amount for shipping? They are wanting 87 bux for mine.

Also has anyone tested the line out?

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Did yall pay a stupid amount for shipping? They are wanting 87 bux for mine.

Also has anyone tested the line out?
The shipping is expensive for sure and the funny thing is it's only $5 more for express. Yes connected my amps via pre amp line outs and the sound isn't great.

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
I thought the shipping was high and didn't hesitate to pay $5 more for express. It is coming from China via air. Mine was shipped on Friday morning and I received it on Monday morning in the Seattle area. It might have been less days if it wasn't for Saturday and Sunday in between.

I've been driving around with unit running. I really like that big screen. I've been playing movies at night that I downloaded off You Tube and put on a USB drive. I don't really watch them but listen to the audio and occassionally glance at the screen when something sounds interesting. It just looks cool to have something playing on that big screen. I have dimmed way down at night.

I have to restart Bluetooth everytime I start the car to listen to SiriusXM internet radio. The Kenwood in my F150 and original factory radio in the Mustang would start automatically if the phone was playing Bluetooth before I shut the car off. The phone still goes in to pause mode. I can skip songs and adjust the volume with the steering wheel controls.

I have the dash panel, head unit and harnesses back out of the car to put nylon caps on the 15 RCA jacks, connect one factory USB outlet, the factory radio antenna and make sure there is nothing wrong with the GPS antenna.

I kind of "lost" the factory radio antenna cable when I first installed the head unit. It fell behind the steel dash frame and I was in a hurry to get this thing running. I found it and will connect it.

I also have to do something with the microphone. I will try again to see if the voice commands work. I see the guys with the Tesla-style unit can't get the voice commands to work. It is mentioned in a list on the first page of their ever-growing thread.

I'm planning on installing everything tomorrow and see what new stuff I can get working. I'm very happy with it so far. When I get the GPS is working I think I'm done. I will start installing apps.

I can't find a way to mirror my phone but there are apps for that. I would like to try Google maps/navigation as well.

Last edited:

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
I thought the shipping was high and didn't hesitate to pay $5 more for express. It is coming from China via air. Mine was shipped on Friday morning and I received it on Monday morning in the Seattle area. It might have been less days if it wasn't for Saturday and Sunday in between.

I've been driving around with unit running. I really like that big screen. I've been playing movies at night that I downloaded off You Tube and put on a USB drive. I don't really watch them but listen to the audio and occassionally glance at the screen when something sounds interesting. It just looks cool to have something playing on that big screen. I have dimmed way down at night.

I have to restart Bluetooth everytime I start the car to listen to SiriusXM internet radio. The Kenwood in my F150 and original factory radio in the Mustang would start automatically if the phone was playing Bluetooth before I shut the car off. The phone still goes in to pause mode. I can skip songs and adjust the volume with the steering wheel controls.

I have the dash panel, head unit and harnesses back out of the car to put nylon caps on the 15 RCA jacks, connect one factory USB outlet, the factory radio antenna and make sure there is nothing wrong with the GPS antenna.

I kind of "lost" the factory radio antenna cable when I first installed the head unit. It fell behind the steel dash frame and I was in a hurry to get this thing running. I found it and will connect it.

I also have to do something with the microphone. I will try again to see if the voice commands work. I see the guys with the Tesla-style unit can't get the voice commands to work. It is mentioned in a list on the first page of their ever-growing thread.

I'm planning on installing everything tomorrow and see what new stuff I can get working. I'm very happy with it so far. When I get the GPS is working I think I'm done. I will start installing apps.

I can't find a way to mirror my phone but there are apps for that. I would like to try Google maps/navigation as well.

Honestly, if you could have the unit connected to a hotspot from your smartphone and can use google maps, I wouldnt even worry about the antenna!

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

I am thankful for all the excellent detail you put into your review. The lack of directions and support from the seller Seicane makes it a bit of a scavenger hunt finding connections and exploring features. My GPS works, but I loaded google maps and will likely use that instead. I'm not overly concerned with the voice control button not working, but don't want to let Seicane off the hook for that. Also wish my phones blue tooth connection was good. I tried my phone on other blue tooth devices like my Bose stereo and it sound great there so it must Ben the Seicane. I'll try another phone next week.

Honestly, if you could have the unit connected to a hotspot from your smartphone and can use google maps, I wouldnt even worry about the antenna!
I loaded google maps and that works fine although my GPS thats came with the systems works as well.

Sponsored

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White

Voice commands work fine on the Tesla unit, using "OK Google" it just can't be triggered via the voice command SWC button.

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
Voice commands work fine on the Tesla unit, using "OK Google" it just can't be triggered via the voice command SWC button.
My mistake! I meant the voice command button on the steering wheel. I should have been more specific.

I 'm reading everything you guys are doing with the Tesla-style units to see if there is something we can use on the Seicane horizontal display units. There is a lot of information there! I appreciate all the work you guys are doing and sharing.

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
Yes, I could use google maps through my phone but it would be nice to have the GPS working independently from the phone while I'm streaming music. Also, there might be times when I'm in an area without phone service and the GPS will still work.

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
I am thankful for all the excellent detail you put into your review. The lack of directions and support from the seller Seicane makes it a bit of a scavenger hunt finding connections and exploring features. My GPS works, but I loaded google maps and will likely use that instead. I'm not overly concerned with the voice control button not working, but don't want to let Seicane off the hook for that. Also wish my phones blue tooth connection was good. I tried my phone on other blue tooth devices like my Bose stereo and it sound great there so it must Ben the Seicane. I'll try another phone next week

I'm glad you appreciate the detailed reviews. There is more coming with pictures!

I kind of slacked off today but I got the head unit in and everything hooked up. I had to remove the black plastic retainer off the factory radio antenna cable so it would plug in. It is tight. I had to use needle nose pliers to push it in while rotating it back and forth. I don't think it will come out. I'm looking forward to trying the radio although I can't stand commercials and won't use it except for emergencies.

I agree about getting everything we paid for to work. When the unit was running the first few days I checked to see if there was some setting on the GPS that needed to be set. I thought it was set for Local. When I ran the GPS Test Plus there was a yellow dot on the east coast of Africa! The antenna was connected to the correct jack when I removed the head unit. I'll try it again tomorrow. The fact that your GPS works give me hope that mine will. Did you have to change any settings or did it work from the start?

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I am thankful for all the excellent detail you put into your review. The lack of directions and support from the seller Seicane makes it a bit of a scavenger hunt finding connections and exploring features. My GPS works, but I loaded google maps and will likely use that instead. I'm not overly concerned with the voice control button not working, but don't want to let Seicane off the hook for that. Also wish my phones blue tooth connection was good. I tried my phone on other blue tooth devices like my Bose stereo and it sound great there so it must Ben the Seicane. I'll try another phone next week

I'm glad you appreciate the detailed reviews. There is more coming with pictures!

I kind of slacked off today but I got the head unit in and everything hooked up. I had to remove the black plastic retainer off the factory radio antenna cable so it would plug in. It is tight. I had to use needle nose pliers to push it in while rotating it back and forth. I don't think it will come out. I'm looking forward to trying the radio although I can't stand commercials and won't use it except for emergencies.

I agree about getting everything we paid for to work. When the unit was running the first few days I checked to see if there was some setting on the GPS that needed to be set. I thought it was set for Local. When I ran the GPS Test Plus there was a yellow dot on the east coast of Africa! The antenna was connected to the correct jack when I removed the head unit. I'll try it again tomorrow. The fact that your GPS works give me hope that mine will. Did you have to change any settings or did it work from the start?
My GPS worked from the start. I routed my antenna to the center cover on the dash. I wedge the black box in there, so I never took the cover off.

I loaded the google maps on th Seicane and the voice turn by turn commands work there. I also loaded google play so I could use voice commands for searching internet and on directions and it does work and respond to my commands, but not with the steering wheels voice command button.
Sponsored