Sponsored

Strut Tower Brace missing from your engine bay?

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
It is most positively is a brace. The firewall next to the engine is a flimsy piece of sheet metal the frame around the windshield is the upper edge of the real strong firewall so without that brace you are significantly reducing the effectiveness of the entire system. Triangulation is the key to strength and not tying the towers to the real firewall is a waste of money.
Okay thanks, now that I had a reason to look harder and enlarged the image, I can see where it ties in. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

BoostedRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB Premium
Any chance of anyone knowing the part number for the small bracket?

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
This was the piece I was concerned with. I was curious as to whether or not out would be already installed on a PP with K brace already being on the car.
I have an Ecoboost with PP it has the K brace and the extra piece. You can see it sandwiched between the K brace and the firewall without removing the plastic trim.

I would say that it is there to tie the windshield and cowl structure to the K brace to prevent squeaks, rattles and vibration in the dash with the added loading the body structure sees from the PP suspension and performance tires.

The firewall is a very stiff structural member of the overall body structure. The K brace triangulates it with the strut towers to stiffen the body structure in front of the firewall. I would say you get your biggest bang for the buck from the K brace and Fords thinks so too since they don't include the cross brace on the Ecoboost PP or cars with the 20" tire package.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Hey all,

I was able to pick up the K brace off a guy on ebay for $40. I also got the silver strut tower brace from ebay off a new mustang for $100. I'm installing without the small bracket for now. I'll begin to search for one.

great thread. looks like 41 lps to torque, and you need new nuts. My Ford dealer told me those strut tower nuts were not in the USA at all. BS! I went home and ordered them. I don't know whey some of those parts guys just don't give a crap. Absolutely no sense of urgency or thinking outside their ability to search their parts lookup tool. You would think there dealer would realize there are a TON of us looking to work with someone. I do not mind using the net. cool, lots of info, great prices and ideas. but, there's no replacing that face to face meeting and developing relationships.

Alright, off my soapbox and into the garage!

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Hey all,

I was able to pick up the K brace off a guy on ebay for $40. I also got the silver strut tower brace from ebay off a new mustang for $100. I'm installing without the small bracket for now. I'll begin to search for one.

great thread. looks like 41 lps to torque, and you need new nuts. My Ford dealer told me those strut tower nuts were not in the USA at all. BS! I went home and ordered them. I don't know whey some of those parts guys just don't give a crap. Absolutely no sense of urgency or thinking outside their ability to search their parts lookup tool. You would think there dealer would realize there are a TON of us looking to work with someone. I do not mind using the net. cool, lots of info, great prices and ideas. but, there's no replacing that face to face meeting and developing relationships.

Alright, off my soapbox and into the garage!
Hey Rich, it's been 2 hours since you posted, so I assume by this time everything's hooked up an you're out on the road playing in this beautiful PA weather now. You're gonna love it even without the little brace (89Trooper and I were discussing it, we like ours fine without them). Immediate turn-in. Congrats on a great, instantly beneficial mod.:headbang:

Scott

Last edited:

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey fellas, I have a quick question.

Is this a combo of BOTH the strut tower brace AND the triangulation/firewall brace or is it just for the strut tower brace? The pic shows both, but the price seems too cheap:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-strut-brace-2015gt.html

-------------------------------------------------------------

When you compare it to this site, they list both parts seperately for considerably more:

https://secure.revolutionparts.com/...ails-scat/?part_name=cross-bar&position=right

https://secure.revolutionparts.com/...-components-and-rails-scat/?part_name=tie-bar

Also are they the exact same OEM Ford parts between the two sites and since I need both parts, where is the cheapest place to get both?

Thanks.

Last edited:

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
The American Muscle link is for the Ford Racing kit for both pieces. That is the going price.

The other links are for factory replacement parts which are always more expensive.

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The American Muscle link is for the Ford Racing kit for both pieces. That is the going price.

The other links are for factory replacement parts which are always more expensive.
Fantastic; Thanks a lot for the info. :)

One more question though. Is the quality and structural integrity/rigidity(gauge/thickness of steel) the same on the American Muscle product compared to the original factory replacement parts? The reason I ask is because it's a substantial price difference between $330 for the original factory equipment and $180 for the American Muscle products($150 difference). I'm willing to spend more for a better product but if all things being equal, then it's a no-brainer.

Also, when you look at the American Muscle link under the "What's in the Box" tab it says 1 Strut tower brace but doesn't mention the other part. Is that just a typo and they forgot to list the other brace?

Thanks again.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

One more question though. Is the quality and structural integrity/rigidity(gauge/thickness of steel) the same on the American Muscle product compared to the original factory replacement parts? The reason I ask is because it's a substantial price difference between $330 for the original factory equipment and $180 for the American Muscle products($150 difference). I'm willing to spend more for a better product but if all things being equal, then it's a no-brainer.

Also, when you look at the American Muscle link under the "What's in the Box" tab it says 1 Strut tower brace but doesn't mention the other part. Is that just a typo and they forgot to list the other brace?

Thanks again.
The Ford Racing kit comes with both pieces and the nuts to fasten them. It's an excellent value over anything else due to the fact that it includes the K-brace to triangulate the towers to the cowl.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

Thanks again.
The Ford Racing parts are identical except for the paint color. A guy at work bought it for his GT. He liked the idea of the silver brace with the GT logo so I traded with him. So I have had both in my mitts at the same time.

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info BmacIL and dgc333. :)

So I guess I'll buy those parts from American Muscle and then get that small firewall bracket piece from Levitttown Ford's website as I don't see any other site mentioned to order that part from. I doubt anyone was going to have it for that much cheaper than $40 bucks anyway.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I got both off a guy on face book 100.00 shipped ...Black k brace and stock silver strut tower brace ..

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I got both off a guy on face book 100.00 shipped ...Black k brace and stock silver strut tower brace ..
Wow! Great price! :cheers:
Sponsored