Sponsored

New for 2017 GT350

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I'd love an R with AC and center stack gauges only. The only reason I'd order the electronics pack in the R is for those things. I'll do my best to never turn on the radio. In the few cases I may need nav, I can just use my phone's voice guidance. Please offer the AC, gauges, and no radio option!

EDIT: looks like the gauges still only come with electronics pack on the R. :(
Sponsored

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
I just spoke with my guy at FORD and he said, for the same/similar opt car it will be no more than $3,500 more for NON R (because it come standard with more) and about $1,500 for the R....but that is just what he heard 2 weeks ago, they still have not finalized it to his knowledge...He also said he believed one of the blues is exclusive for the R, and that Ruby Red may not be for the R...sad.....we will see in a few weeks I guess..
Thank you sir! $3,500 is still a good deal considering the track package was $6,500 itself. I can handle around $53K for what all you will get in the base '17. :thumbsup:

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
I just spoke with my guy at FORD and he said, for the same/similar opt car it will be no more than $3,500 more for NON R (because it come standard with more) and about $1,500 for the R....but that is just what he heard 2 weeks ago, they still have not finalized it to his knowledge...He also said he believed one of the blues is exclusive for the R, and that Ruby Red may not be for the R...sad.....we will see in a few weeks I guess..
Just to clarify...the MSRP on a base GT350 is going to be around $3,500 more than 2016?

I was hoping (and it would make sense) for the 2017 GT350 "base" to be cheaper than a 2016 GT350TP...

I won't hold my breath, but I hope it's somewhat accurate. However, that would still mean a base MSRP of around $70K for us Canadians, though...

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Glad I bypassed the 2016 list and went to the top of the 17.

Noize

Ricer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Evolution X
Gah! I was trying to pull together funds for a base. I would like the coolers, but can live without. Don't want magnetic ride- would want aggressive coilovers to replace the stock suspension.

How long do I have left to order a 2016?

Sponsored

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
so I read this as new base car is $60k....similarly opt '16 car at $56500 + $3500 more....correct?

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
What is "soft door rollover" in the electronics package ? :shrug:
That refers to the soft material on the top of the door panel. I do believe it's the same as used in the Premium interior upgrade on the regular Mustang GT

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Interesting that no one has commented on the absence of any news on the 5.2. Didn't the union contract show an update of the engine? It is beginning to look like (by adding up all the Internet speculation) that MY17 may be the end of the 350 cuz the new 500 comes in MY18. If that is true, then MY17 must be the one to get the engine update (whatever that means, could be reliability or other mods which do not up the power...which we all want).

Seems like Ford is missing a huge marketing opportunity by keeping the public in the dark and having to piece together what they are doing.
Good point on the updated 5.2 that was mentioned in the UAW contract. Specifically, it stated "5.2L engine will continue, with upgrade".

http://mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36140

Now, this could be:
  • An upgrade to the current FPC engine.
  • An upgrade to the current FPC engine, and adding a supercharger/turbochargers
  • An upgrade to the current 5.2 engine, but adding a CPC
  • An upgrade to the current 5.2 engine, but adding a CPC and supercharger/turbochargers

My point is, the upgrade could be something relatively minor, should the GT350 live on into the '18MY, or it could be given boost if (BIG IF) there's a GT500 coming..........or perhaps one of those options could appear in the rumoured Mach 1.

Ford will keep us guessing until the last minute and, as much as I'd love to know officially what they are planning, they're not missing a marketing opportunity, as they'll sell every GT350 they can make :)

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
Certainly a major kick in the teeth to those who got in early. Can't say I'm particularly happy about the switch up, and the now mandatory inclusion of the coolers.
No kick in the teeth at all. I couldn't care less about adjustable electric seats and soft touch and that kind of stuff.

Unless there's something that makes the car go faster - and there isn't - it offers options that I have zero interest in.

Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
2009 Bullitt buyers got upgrades that became standard on the 2010 GT.

2010 GT buyers got the 4.6 and 5-speed trans options in the new body style, then 2011 got the 5.0 with 100 more horsepower and two new 6-speed transmission options. The new V6 made nearly the same power as the 2010 4.6 GT, and had much better fuel economy.

2010 GT500 owners were the first to buy a new body style, then the 2011 got a 100lb. lighter aluminum block and a minor power bump.

It's the way of the world. Cars get better every year. You just have to be happy with the one you get, or bite the bullet and trade in for what you think is going to be the new best car ever. What if the GT350 is continued on to 2018 and gets a bump to 550hp? Are you guys going to come in here and gripe about how they cheated you? Maybe it sucks sometimes, but it's been that way for a long time.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
No kick in the teeth at all. I couldn't care less about adjustable electric seats and soft touch and that kind of stuff.

Unless there's something that makes the car go faster - and there isn't - it offers options that I have zero interest in.
^Agree.... no regrets especially since for me I was able to score a 2015 TP model. Only wish was/is I wish I could have an R but still no remorse... :D

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

+1

Quiet happy with my track pack, even if given the option I wasn't going to add the navigation system. Im happy to have one of the first full year production runs (wont count the MY15s) and I ended up with a very special chassis number (to me)

I will only be sour if the MSRP is indeed significantly less than a TP car, but I just dont see that happening

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Wow. This is great news for those who wanted the best of both worlds. I can see how some people with 2016's might be a little PO'd by the news...especially those who were stuck between which package to order for the non-R GT350...

Either way, I'm interested (and completely scared, Haha) to see what kind of base price this car will roll out with. Up here in Canada, our base GT350, which is obviously not going to be offered after 2016, was already $64,849 + Taxes. The GT350TP was $72,949 + Taxes. If that's what the new base price is...

...ouch.

My 0.02...
I hear 'ya bro. So i think i'll stick with my base 350 and hopefully we or Ford can adress this cooling issue for tech and base '16 owner as i think the car will get a whole lot more expensive here in Canada.
Base here is $63099 so it will likely go up about 4-5K at the very least.
Sponsored