Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r1jester.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Man, this is great news for those of you still waiting to get one....but now my 2016 being built next week seems a little less special...
Sponsored

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
And on that note I'm cancelling my 2016 order lol.
Same. I asked my dealer to confirm and cancel my 2016 order / put me at the top of the list for 2017 allocations.

DaveH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche, Tech Pack
Certainly a major kick in the teeth to those who got in early. Can't say I'm particularly happy about the switch up, and the now mandatory inclusion of the coolers.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Man, this is great news for those of you still waiting to get one....but now my 2016 being built next week seems a little less special...
Yeah I just sold my 2015 GT a couple weeks ago and I told myself I was just going to hold out and order a 2017 so I could save a little more cash as well. I'm definitely glad I decided that instead of jumping on a 2016! I planned on ordering just a base and buying an aftermarket track package spoiler and putting it on, but the addition of magneride and the coolers as well as track pack spoiler on the base is going to make the wait worth it to me for sure.

Sponsored

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I don't see this as a slight to 2016 owners in the least. We ordered what we wanted, and although some would have certainly liked a tech pack that included coolers (or a track pack with electronics, depending on your perspective), it's not a game changer to the overall value of the car like, say, an engine upgrade. Plus, as we all suspected, the price is going up by a few thousand to allow the manufacturer to capitalize on some of the ADM dough the dealers have been getting on the 2016 models.

I for one, am perfectly happy with my choice, even though I did consider holding out for a 2017 model. I'm glad I didn't now especially if this is the sum total of the model year upgrades.

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
I don't see this as a slight to 2016 owners in the least. We ordered what we wanted, and although some would have certainly liked a tech pack that included coolers (or a track pack with electronics, depending on your perspective), it's not a game changer to the overall value of the car like, say, an engine upgrade. Plus, as we all suspected, the price is going up by a few thousand to allow the manufacturer to capitalize on some of the ADM dough the dealers have been getting on the 2016 models.

I for one, am perfectly happy with my choice, even though I did consider holding out for a 2017 model. I'm glad I didn't now especially if this is the sum total of the model year upgrades.
I just want the Sync 3 added to my track pack and this will save me a lot of headache. I don't necessarily want Sync 3, but the future Google Auto update makes it worth it for me.

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just found this while browsing the eSource book

View attachment 62068

Looks like Track Package is standard with optional electronics or convenience packs now, and Ruby Red!! (now I really want one)

View attachment 62069

View attachment 62070
So if I'm reading this right, the base model adds magneride, oil/diff coolers and the tower brace. Adding the electronic package adds (non-R):

9 speaker sound system
dual zone temp control
Sirius XM
SYNC 3
voice-activated Nav
some niceties (soft door rollover, toggle switches, turn indicators & garage door opener)

If you choose the convenience package, you get everything in the electronic package PLUS

Sport seats (non-Recaro) with
* 6-way power seats (driver/passenger)
* 4-way head restraint
* heated/cooled

So there are no longer any either/or choices. Convenience has everything, Electronics removes the seats, and Base removes all the dash tech (Nav, SYNC 3, sat radio and speakers) and some cosmetic goodies. Electronics should be the new sweet spot, capturing 50%+ of orders, I bet.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Well It looks like my source at FORD was right again...I told everyone about 2 weeks ago that the colors would be out soon and that "Ruby Red" was in and a "light blue metallic" (should if said "lighting" ...lol what ever that is, my source did not hear them right I guess)

Oh one other thing he said the blue looks like "guardsman blue" if you wan to look that up....then you got grabber blue fun!!

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Well It looks like my source at FORD was right again...I told everyone about 2 weeks ago that the colors would be out soon and that "Ruby Red" was in and a "light blue metallic" (should if said "lighting" ...lol what ever that is, my source did not hear them right I guess)

Oh one other thing he said the blue looks like "guardsman blue" if you wan to look that up....then you got grabber blue fun!!
Go ask your source about the pricing for the 2017! lol

Sponsored

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I'm not sure I get the difference between the '16 GT350R and the '17 GT350R other than color options.

No A/C or Nav on the R Electronics Package?

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Go ask your source about the pricing for the 2017! lol
I will today, ask about pricing...but from talking with him last night..it seems that everyone has to get A/C, and mag ride, coolers, on both R or non R cars, however you can delete the radio and other opt if you want...not sure I have not looked at the parts avail to see but this was the idea from just talking with him.

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
Can't see the new base price under $57k. The new base has the trackpack ($56,500 previously) plus there will probably be a price increase as well. I think the 'old' base would have been priced $53-54K for 2017 without the addition of the track pkg.
Hope I'm wrong!

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I will today, ask about pricing...but from talking with him last night..it seems that everyone has to get A/C, and mag ride, coolers, on both R or non R cars, however you can delete the radio and other opt if you want...not sure I have not looked at the parts avail to see but this was the idea from just talking with him.
Yes!!!! I want and R with A/C but without radio (I live in Texas where not having A/C is suicide). If this is true I may cancel my '16 R Electronics Package for a "base" R.

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
Given they more or less know the trans/diff cooler is needed they should retrofit all prior GT350s with them. Or at least offer to do it at costs of parts.

It sounds like the non-track pack cars are in need of them now that reports of cars going into limp mode are coming out. Should have been standard feature.
I hope so, Im still waiting for my '16 to come in and I have a non-refundable 10k down on the car, I wish I could just change to a 17.' I hope there is a solution like you said and "offer to do at cost of parts."
Sponsored