would you

65CrownV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT/PP1
saw a bmw m3 dark blue with black quad tips with glose blak rims at the grocery yesterday, beatiful car, however the roades where covered in salt due to the recent snow storm and i was thinking why would you drive that car under these conditions, salt ,sluch, snow. my mustang is garage kept during the winter.
my friend told me they like to drive there cars and not just look at them in storage. Ok i get it but i am not subjecting my investment to winter elemants. Would YOU ?
And then there's always the liklihood that they are driving a leased vehicle. In my experience, the folks who drive nice BMW'S do so until their lease is up, then they get a nicer BMW.
Sponsored

nicksalvadore24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Just moved to MA from SC this past summer, so this is the first true winter the car has seen. I'm garaging mine for the winters now and going forward because my plan for the car is to keep it for as long as I possibly can (I'm talking decades), so I'm doing everything I can to prevent salt eating away at her over time. With that said it hurts my heart having her in hibernation and not driving it, but trying to play the long game here

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
The debate over status as an investment was made in reference to the OP's statement in their first post. I don't think anybody made a broad sweeping statement to include all non-winter drivers to consider their car an investment.
You could have a point there. maybe OP can clarify what he meant. Sometimes investment just means that money wasn't easy to come by and you want to preserve your ride as much as possible. But granted some folks have Garage Queens thinking down the road they'll make a few bucks.

I think this thread again shows that whether you have your "one and only" or a stable full in garage royalty we all enjoy our Mustangs in the way we prefer. Best too is we all enjoy forums like this where we can share that enthusiasm (mostly..ahem).

RowdyRam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
22 GT DMG 6M Coupe
It doesn't bother me to drive anything i own or would own all year around. Especially on cars that depreciate every year whether it's driven or not.
image_16890369.JPG
Yes, this, almost. I don't have any expectation that my Mustang will EVER appreciate in value as long as I own it. It's a depreciating asset and I don't think I'll live long enough for that to turn around.

I've had 1 car, ever, that I don't drive in inclement weather - wife's and my '72 Cutlass convertible. That's mainly because I really don't trust other drivers in the bad stuff. My father-in-law used to laugh about how he used it before we ended up with it. This car has seen every weather situation, including hail (which is still evident on the hood). This old girl has over 275K miles on her chassis. She's been a daily driver, a road tripper, a loaner to friends, a 3rd car, a 4th car, a business write-off, an open house sign (my wife and I are real estate agents), a weekend car, a money pit, and many many other things.

IMG_8931.JPG

The Mustang though? Bah, I'll drive it in anything. That's why I bought it - to enjoy it.

Scuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
saw a bmw m3 dark blue with black quad tips with glose blak rims at the grocery yesterday, beatiful car, however the roades where covered in salt due to the recent snow storm and i was thinking why would you drive that car under these conditions, salt ,sluch, snow. my mustang is garage kept during the winter.
my friend told me they like to drive there cars and not just look at them in storage. Ok i get it but i am not subjecting my investment to winter elemants. Would YOU ?
Mine is sitting in the garage under a car cover on the battery tender. I don't think of it as an investment, I just like to keep it as nice as possible for as long as possible. If we get any nice stretches of winter weather here I'll take it out. If/when I ever decide to sell it, someone is going to get a nice well cared for low milage S550. In the mean time, all my driving in wet, frozen, salty, slushy weather will be in my Lexus.

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
Yes, this, almost. I don't have any expectation that my Mustang will EVER appreciate in value as long as I own it. It's a depreciating asset and I don't think I'll live long enough for that to turn around.

I've had 1 car, ever, that I don't drive in inclement weather - wife's and my '72 Cutlass convertible. That's mainly because I really don't trust other drivers in the bad stuff. My father-in-law used to laugh about how he used it before we ended up with it. This car has seen every weather situation, including hail (which is still evident on the hood). This old girl has over 275K miles on her chassis. She's been a daily driver, a road tripper, a loaner to friends, a 3rd car, a 4th car, a business write-off, an open house sign (my wife and I are real estate agents), a weekend car, a money pit, and many many other things.

IMG_8931.JPG

The Mustang though? Bah, I'll drive it in anything. That's why I bought it - to enjoy it.
Ouuuhhh that Custlass is a Cars'n'Coffee ride! Very nice.

nicksalvadore24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1

RowdyRam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
22 GT DMG 6M Coupe
Thank you Whit and Nick. I appreciate the compliments. I may make a thread about it in the appropriate section.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Mine is parked inside currently and will be for perhaps 2 more months. As soon as the weather breaks it comes out. This car is just for fun and I plan to keep it a very long time as I love the damned thing! Also I may retire this Spring if all goes well and it will last me a long time this way and save me having to buy another GT.

I'm on the lookout for a pickup soon for winter stuff and any hauling required. But it will be slightly used to save some cash this time around.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
98% of Mustangs are DD'd.

Your car isn't an "investment".

I find it stunning that you can afford to have multiple vehicles, that include a$40K-$50K+ mustang.

Lottery?

Last edited:

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE

IMG_8931.JPG

Thanks for posting this! Two reasons. First, I've loved those cars since they came out. But more importantly it shows that a beautiful car like that can be used as it was intended and with care and maintenance be a beautiful survivor.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Why wouldn't you is the question.
I love driving my Mach 1 all year. In Chicago it's cold and shitty out half the year. It's actually pretty depressing so driving my car actually helps my mood!
I have a heated garage at work where I can hand wash the salt off and spray off the undercarriage.
All-season wheel/tire setup for winter
I just don't drive when its show or ice on the road as it's not my work vehicle.

IMG_2899.jpg

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
Year round for me. But I spray it off almost every day to keep the salt from being on it for to long.

PXL_20240116_051708919.jpg

PXL_20240115_164102241.jpg
I was looking at your location and thought Tennessee, that much snow???!!!! Then I googled Bristol and looks like your in the Appalachians so I get it now. Geez man.
btw your state name has too many double letters. LOL

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
@gone_n_60 since we are showing picture of classics- every time I see your name .....it makes me think of my old car......just click on the video and see my license plate and you will see why....

Got Time To Burn? We've Got Tires To Burn! (youtube.com)

And yes...thats an original/real one/ original engine ....just me treating it like the investment it was ...lol
Sponsored