Wildcardfox

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Just to give a complete full answer on this vehicle. I reached out to my major contacts at Ford and Ford Performance and they said definitely that there was no “wing delete option” and no option was ever given to any vehicle per request or any special order vehicle. This and any other vehicle that arrived without parts is “a production error”.

They said that the dealership should have made them aware and a wing would have been sent for them to install.

Since this is the dealership owner’s car, I am unsure if he did that, but since he is adamant that it is a “wing delete” option, I think it is highly dubious that he did.

Since everyone knows that most dealers and most dealership employees are often lacking in the information department on the products that they sell, this dealer just assumed that it was correct. And this dealership owner also made the at assumption.

So to some a double sided penny,
To others a half assembled penny.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Just to give a complete full answer on this vehicle. I reached out to my major contacts at Ford and Ford Performance and they said definitely that there was no “wing delete option” and no option was never given to any vehicle per request or any special order. This and any other vehicle that arrived without parts is “a production error”.

They said that the dealership should have made them aware and a wing would have been sent for them to install.

Since this is the dealership owner’s car, I am unsure if he did that, but since he is adamant that it is a “wing delete” option, I think it is highly dubious that he did.

Since everyone knows that most dealers and most dealership employees are often lacking in the information department on the products that they sell, this dealer just assumed that it was correct. And this dealership owner also made the at assumption.

So to some a double sided penny,
To others a half assembled penny.
Brett, it is my understanding that this vehicle is still owned on the MSO therefore if I was the owner of this vehicle I would request the CF wing from Ford since it did not arrive with his car originally.

Having said that I spoke with a dealership last year who had this very same issue after which time they did bring this same issue to Ford's attention that their Race Red R did not arrive with a rear CF wing.

Ford complied with a CF wing being sent to that Ford dealership and clearly stated that Ford would not allow the dealership to sell that Race Red R until Ford had confirmed evidence that the CF wing was installed.

If that was the case with the Race Red R then that may also be the case for this 2016 R after which time the owner would have to make a decision on which way he wanted to proceed?

Appreciate you sharing the story of this interesting 2016 R and is just another chapter in the book of unusual builds for us automotive enthusiasts.

:clap:

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Last edited:

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Mmm......Avalanche. That's a whole lotta CF you're paying for and not receiving. Unless they discount the delete?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
So did the owner receive the wing from Ford then just sell it on the open market?
This story flat out stinks of BS from the owner.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So did the owner receive the wing from Ford then just sell it on the open market?
Agree. Also consider the possibility that the car was damaged and repaired off the books - but didn't want to spend the $ on a wing, so "wing delete" became a thing :)

I think it's just missing from the factory like a couple others...but still something to consider!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I agree with your comments and based on my understanding the owner ordered this 2016 R for his dealership and once this vehicle arrived without the CF wing he claimed that he ordered this 2016 R as a CF rear wing delete car which is very doubtful. :giggle:

If this vehicle could have been ordered with the rear CF wing as a delete option (which again is very improbable) it certainly would have been documented on the WS and of course that was not the case as the WS clearly shows this vehicle being ordered with the rear CF wing along with confirmed pricing for the 920A Equipment Group.

No question in my mind that the owner is fabricating the real facts as to how this vehicle came to be!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I swear there was a post about another wingless R on this forum a while back. Supposedly the R wing is installed somewhere other than the initial assembly plant, as are the wheels.
Yes there was. It happens when they screw up over at flat rock. I believe that in the situation you speak of, the dealer corrected the problem. This situation would be correctable, but the owner is going to have to return to the dealer and document the situation and have the dealer work the issue.

How an owner could accept a car like this is beyond me.
Sponsored