Windshield Tint worth it???

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Breaking a law is almost always the cause in a collision. It does not cause claims to be denied. I have five years of experience with traffic collisions. Believe me. Don’t believe me. I’m not going to argue with someone who has not investigated a single traffic collision. Have a nice day, sorry I tried to inform on how the process works.
And I work for a fortune 100 insurance company so I also know what I’m talking about. Enjoy the rest of your day
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Guy's you're both right. It all depends on circumstances. Remember OP is 19 years old driving a Mustang. The insurance company, and the police, will be looking a lot harder than if it involved an old man like me.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Guy's you're both right. It all depends on circumstances. Remember OP is 19 years old driving a Mustang. The insurance company, and the police, will be looking a lot harder than if it involved an old man like me.
Agreed, teenagers and 20 something’s are looked at a lot differently than seasoned veterans. We’ve all been there done that, but looking back on some of the things I did with my cars back then(pre cell phone cameras and what not) no chance I would do some of it today. The risk isn’t worth it. Window tint may seem minor but it may give an officer a reason to pull OP over that they otherwise wouldn’t have.

JDM_WAAAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 HP 6MT EGM, 2016 Focus ST
So I live in GA and I daily my 2020 Mustang Gt. Currently I have 20% all around except windshield. I have a 7 inch bar on it that’s 20%. I do not like the fact that in daylight you can still see clearly in my car with the 20, and my dash gets hot, so I was thinking of doing 50% windshield with like a 5% bar. Would this be worth it? Or will I get into problems with cops easily? Or should I do 70? I do like the fact that in 50 you can’t see inside the car at a certain angle . But as I said I daily this car so I don’t want to catch cops attention, although I’ve seen many cars with dark windshields .
Tint itself does little to mitigate incoming heat. you can have 15% tint all around and the inside of the car will still get hot.

I have 30% ceramic all around the car, but it has 85% heat rejection. I also have 98% on the windshield (basically clear) that also has 85% heat rejection. The amount of heat that is in the car is basically nil. I never burn my hand on the metal parts, it's never hot, and I don't have to run the AC as much. I chose 30% and clear on the windshield because it's well within the legal limit in my state.

The car is dirty in this pic, but here's how it looks:
1665066185832.png

OP
OP
Stanv03

Stanv03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Mustang GT Premium
So if I were to play safer but not fully safe how Would 70 windshield and get 15 all around would look. Or should I go for 5 percent . Yes I am young so which is why I like the privacy. I don’t like people stare at me. Or because I do construction sometimes I have to park in sketch places I don’t want people looking into my car. So either 50 windshield and keep my 20 all around or 70 windshield and bring my windows down to 15 or 5.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
My boss/friend is big on tinting his front windshield. He usually does something like 50% on his daily drivers and 35% on his exotic cars which is ridiculous. Driven all of his cars multiple times and I actually kind of hate the tint. Even the 50% is to dark seeing out of. Maybe something lighter would be better.

Regardless of which percent you go with my biggest problem is cracked windshields. You spend a couple hundred on nice ceramic heat blocking tint then are subject to re-tune if you need a new windshield. More than half the cars I have owned ended up needing a replacement at some point in time.

TheWhiteWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 Magnetic Grey
I would go 70% and 35% tint around. 15% might get unwanted attention from the authorities.
I haven't had issues with 70% & 35%.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
So if I were to play safer but not fully safe how Would 70 windshield and get 15 all around would look.
15 all around may or may not be safe. Depends on what you were doing when the cop pulled up along side of you.
Or should I go for 5 percent
Seriously? Definite ticket magnet.
Or because I do construction sometimes I have to park in sketch places
Super dark tint is a welcome sign for someone to break into your car. Especially in a sketchy area.

OP
OP
Stanv03

Stanv03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
I would go 70% and 35% tint around. 15% might get unwanted attention from the authorities.
I haven't had issues with 70% & 35%.
35 is too light , I have 20 on right now and it’s still light for me

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stanv03

Stanv03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
15 all around may or may not be safe. Depends on what you were doing when the cop pulled up along side of you.

Seriously? Definite ticket magnet.

Super dark tint is a welcome sign for someone to break into your car. Especially in a sketchy area.
I believe 20 and 15 are pretty much similar , and 5 yea a magnet but from what I’ve noticed on the road a good amount of people ride with it. But then again not everyone Luck is the same lol .

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I believe 20 and 15 are pretty much similar , and 5 yea a magnet but from what I’ve noticed on the road a good amount of people ride with it. But then again not everyone Luck is the same lol .
I hear you. I’m just thinking about a 19 year old kid in a 460hp Mustang with windows so dark a Georgia cop can’t see inside. What could possibly go wrong? :facepalm: :like:

OP
OP
Stanv03

Stanv03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
I hear you. I’m just thinking about a 19 year old kid in a 460hp Mustang with windows so dark a Georgia cop can’t see inside. What could possibly go wrong? :facepalm: :like:
You got that right 🤣😂. Luckily I am not crazy speeder. I don’t like people that zoom by me in their scats or any car. I love to CRUIIISEEE and listen to some nice music !

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
Anyone got a pic of 70% windshield at night? It’s technically illegal here in Jersey, but so was getting them on my front windows in my old truck, and nothing happened

EdwardS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My experience what window tint on multiple vehicles is two things. The first; it absolutely does a somewhat noticeable job of blocking daytime glare/ brightness/ sunshine which makes driving *somewhat* more comfortable but there are numerous times when you think to yourself, wait I have windshield tint why am I still squinting and putting my darkest sunglasses on? And #2, night time visibility is ABSOLUTELY compromised by a small noticeable amount to the point where I would personally not do it again. Plus, the windshield tint always costs an arm and a leg because in most states, it's illegal, so the tint shops always charge a ton to do it. And it's super annoying when you get a crack in your windshield and you just spent $500 to have your windshield tinted.
Sponsored