Sponsored

Will probably switch back to BMW. (No, not a troll!)

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Gregs24 said:
Having driven an M240i over here I do really wonder if it is too powerful ! It really isn't a very big car and 335bhp makes it a bit of a liability in the wet or greasy conditions with all that turbo torque.

Norm Peterson said:
Better yet - become less of a stomp & steer driver and fine-tune your throttle modulation skill.

Sorry, but 335 HP and 270-ish ft*lbs of torque in a 3500# RWD car only needs a semblance of throttle modulation skill and driver discipline. Fixing the driver was clearly indicated here.

But if you don't want to believe that, don't be surprised when your AWD car goes off the road during wet (or worse) weather that it goes further off/deeper/hits something solid harder.

Norm

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Agree with Norm. People are too cracked on AWD in the USA. It's not the end all for performance vehicles. Usually RWD is a better choice unless you are going off road.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Gregs24 said:
Having driven an M240i over here I do really wonder if it is too powerful ! It really isn't a very big car and 335bhp makes it a bit of a liability in the wet or greasy conditions with all that turbo torque.

Norm Peterson said:
Better yet - become less of a stomp & steer driver and fine-tune your throttle modulation skill.

Sorry, but 335 HP and 270-ish ft*lbs of torque in a 3500# RWD car only needs a semblance of throttle modulation skill and driver discipline. Fixing the driver was clearly indicated here.

But if you don't want to believe that, don't be surprised when your AWD car goes off the road during wet (or worse) weather that it goes further off/deeper/hits something solid harder.

Norm
Cool. I don’t have AWD.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
All Honda engines are interference....and those lasting 300k+ miles have had their regular 110k maintenance done. It’s a fallacy that Hondas don’t need their timing belts replaced….they absolutely do. The tensioners themselves also have a tendency to wear out before the belt which spells disaster.
My first car was a 1991 Honda Concerto 1.6i with V-tec I bought the car after the timing belt was crashed and replaced. The engine worked amazing and the car was over the 1 000 000 km mark though on the odd meter it had 131 000 km which I think was after the first million based on wear and tear on the car nothing on the electronics was working. However the car was insane fast once passed a VW Phantom 12W with it at 190 km/h 131 hp of pure joy.

My next car was my Duratec Fiesta 1.25i at 70 000 km now it started developing a lot of warning signs for the engine going bad like lost of power, ruff idle, going downhill on first gear stationary etc.

So if we compare Honda to Ford engine durability I'll take Honda any day of the week.

However the latest Honda's are super ugly (minus the obvious Type-R though) and engines are small.

div2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M235i
Agree with Norm. People are too cracked on AWD in the USA. It's not the end all for performance vehicles. Usually RWD is a better choice unless you are going off road.
Agreed!
Sponsored