Sponsored

Will JMS petalmax do anything after a good tune?

5LITERV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
SergeyMelnik said:
Maybe you think its placebo since youre accusing me of calling it placebo?
Sorry, poor choice of words on my end. I meant to say gimmick instead of placebo since you were saying it's snake oil. May bad.
SergeyMelnik said:
Maybe your mind and car adjust to the much shorter pedal press and in the long run it feels like a normal pedal?
That's very possible and probably true. I am so use to it now that I don't even think about it. The only time i notice anything is when I disconnect it and I immediately miss the pedal feel.
SergeyMelnik said:
Then you say you can get the same feel by pressing your foot down faster but the car doesnt feel the same. Actually the car will feel exactly the same
OK, not trying to start any unnecessary argument here but I actually said you can get the same result but not the same feeling. What I mean by this is, the car will accelerate the same way from any objective testing like 0-60 if you just press the pedal all the way down but it will not feel the same, at least to me and most people that have purchased it. There is a difference from a driver experience perspective on how the car reacts to each driver input. That's all I was trying to say here.
SergeyMelnik said:
And this thing is 100 percent snake oil.
We can agree to disagree on that one :).
Their website says eliminate pedal lag. Thats a lie.
OK, you are technically correct but who really cares. Majority of the people that bought their product are really happy with it and that's all that matters.
SergeyMelnik said:
Not only that theyre severely overcharging this garbage 20 dollar product.
Well that's Capitalism. If they were overcharging or selling snake oil sooner or later they will be out of business. However in the last several years the opposite has happen. There are now more companies on the market offering some sort of throttle enhancement device. This means that there is true demand for increasing the pedal feel on modern day drive by wire vehicles.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Topic has been beat to death. You're a known hater of the product for whatever reason, we get it. To say it does nothing for the throttle is flat out wrong. Myself as well as others are very pleased with it. Not interested in getting into a pissing match on a website forum, or breaking down the science behind it, just stating MY experience. Hate away...
The problem is, you do not technically understand, what that product did for you.

:frusty:

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
It just does!!!!!:lol:
IMG_0286.JPG

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hey guys if it make you feel better about the pedal max, back in the day when i had my ls3 camaro, someone from the camaro5 forum tested a similar device on the drag strip. I don't remember if it was pedal max, but the car consistently put down faster times compared to without it. Everyone's argument was, if he was power shifting it wouldn't matter, which i do agree. So what exactly happened was his foot travel time and throttle body opening time reduced and he gained couple 10ths of a second!

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I have this on an ecoboost and does wonders for everyday part throttle driving which I mostly do. I seldom go flat to the floor. I like to get the power more effortlessly. I can be a tight ass and it pains me to spend this much on something that can do the same as just pushing the pedal farther. The fact is the car puts down more HP per a given pedal position up to about 3/4 of the way down. If you were to see a dyno chart at half pedal position, the HP would be significantly more with the pedalmax. So for my daily driving needs it fits the bill. Just why does it need to be so damn expensive for what it does.! I've done many a 0-60 runs with and without and have seen no difference.
Same way I am looking for large GT brake setup even though the stocks will lock up instantly if I push hard on the pedal but I would like to just stop with less effort. I don't need bigger brakes since I don't track.

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Pedal max decreases the time the computer responds to your pedal input, they demonstrate it on their website.

VenomousDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
old thread but to add salt into your wounds! Base Gt has no driving modes this is where pedal max comes into play 🤣👍 play ball

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
it has normal, sport and comfort. ZERO THROTTLE diff between the 2. all you feel is steering wheel slightly stiffer and slight is a strong term
Not true. On my 2015 sport increases the throttle sensitivity. I'll bet if you ask a tuner they will confirm.

Sponsored

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
I could be wrong but isn’t normal, sport & comfort steering options ? Not driving modes

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
As mile has shown it's there. If remember correctly there is a way to test it. In neutral hold the gas a bit at a steady rpm then switch to sport and the rpms should rise a bit. This is exactly what the snake oil pedalboostercommandermax does. Look how in sport mode it reaches full throttle and 84.8 percent. With the snake oil box people are turning it up even higher reaching 100 percent even earlier in the press thinking their cars are faster or removing non existant lag. Why would anyone like that? Maybe I can just sell a button to replace the pedal so people can go from 0 to 100 with nothing in between. Who needs all that lag in between.

I dont have my mustang anymore but I have a 5 star tuned f150. The initial racing tune had the crappy feeling pedal so I got a revision to make it 1 to 1 and its ten times better I get much more precision. If you know anything about high end audio you will learn people throw away tens of thousands on products that either do nothing or actually measure worse on basically snake oil.
Sponsored