Sponsored

Wide gas pedal options?

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
There are some how-to explanations out there, but no videos that I recall. Some run a tap into the pedals and others just thru-bolt (me). The gas pedal is a breeze as it's plastic and you are using self-tapping screws. The clutch and brake pedal take some finesse to drill properly. You absolutely need to use Carbide bits as the steel is very hard. A 90 degree drill or 90 degree attachment also makes it much easier. Once you get the pedals and survey what needs to be done, the installation becomes very clear. See if this helps:

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I had SRP's on my GT500 and they were the first company I went to with my GT350.

Ignore the scuff marks and dirt.

46358596565_09ae2c6d9f_o.jpg

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
From my experience, heel/toeing this car on the street to practice for the track will slow down your learning vs. speed it up. The timing/pressure is all completely different. The muscle memory won't transfer over super well.

I recommend to my students to spend 1-2 sessions a day slowing down and focusing on heel/toe vs. trying to run fast. If you do that, in a couple of weekends you'll have it down.

I had never driven a manual before this car and I got pretty decent at it in about 4-5 months once I focused vs. trying it on the street. Surprisingly, my heel/toe got SUBSTANTIALLY better when I converted to track car and only drove it on track. Here's a snip from a track day at COTA.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^ That is the technique I use as well, rolling the side of the foot over to the gas pedal. That is why I prefer the wide pedal and always wear a good racing shoe. No tennis shoes for me. Thanks for posting, Kevin.

Sponsored

hp1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Any insight about the installation of the pedals. I say one video where the installer removed the gas pedal to drill and install that pedal. I haven't really been able to find a good simple install video?
Yes, you have to remove the gas pedal, very easy to do and makes the install much easier. The brake pedal was harder. I recommend using smallest drill bits to create pilot holes, then use the next step up bit, and one bigger to get the right size. This will make the job so much easier. I did that after spending 4 hours :headbang:. this post below has some stuff for the install
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/srpracing-aluminum-pedal-install-tips.120426/#post-2523179

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I also installed the lowes spacer mod on the gas pedal. Makes for much easier light braking pressure downshifts on the street, but with size 11's I can still get to the gas pedal when braking hard. Plus if it isn't working on the track or I change my mind it's a $5 reversible mod with only 3 bolts to remove the gas pedal.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
From my experience, heel/toeing this car on the street to practice for the track will slow down your learning vs. speed it up. The timing/pressure is all completely different. The muscle memory won't transfer over super well.

I recommend to my students to spend 1-2 sessions a day slowing down and focusing on heel/toe vs. trying to run fast. If you do that, in a couple of weekends you'll have it down.

I had never driven a manual before this car and I got pretty decent at it in about 4-5 months once I focused vs. trying it on the street. Surprisingly, my heel/toe got SUBSTANTIALLY better when I converted to track car and only drove it on track. Here's a snip from a track day at COTA.

Are your pedals at the stock height?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
At first, heel-toe feels really strange and I believe this initially sends people searching to buy an answer. You should just practice more intently and do it where you can really get into the brakes because (normal street driving) trying to modulate a partially depressed brake pedal while blipping the gas 1 - is hard to do and 2 - isn't how you're going to do it at the track.
On a previous car, I installed a wide throttle pedal and I found that I was hitting the gas unintentionally while braking more than it ever helped me H&T.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Are your pedals at the stock height?
Yep...all stock height. I tried spacers in the beginning, but the accelerator ended up being too high when I'd get deep into the brakes.

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe
Has anyone put the SRP accelerator pedal mounted over the stock pedal? That would give it additional high as some have suggested they needed. I just ordered a set in the CS pattern in satin. I was planning to install the accelerator and dead pedal and leave the gas and clutch stock.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe you would be the first to try. I'm thinking it's not a good idea, but let us know.

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe
I believe you would be the first to try. I'm thinking it's not a good idea, but let us know.
Didn't sound like a great idea to me either but thought I would ask. Might work for the dead pedal as I have read the hardware that it comes with doesn't work and there is a need for longer self tapping screws to attach it due to the backing under the carpet in that area. I haven't torn it up yet to look? ? The dead pedal is held in by they panel clips so attaching the new one by drilling and anchoring into the old one may be an option.....also maybe another bad idea? We will see when I go to do it?

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
My dead pedal overlay is drilled into my factory dead pedal. I'm not pulling these pedals back off down the line. I'll sell the car with them installed same as I did my GT500.
Sponsored