Sponsored

Wide gas pedal options?

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
^ Okay, so the dead pedal mount is a great idea and exactly what I did. Bingo. Just use some longer self taping screws and good to go.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So for those of you that say you don't practice heel and toe driving on the street, do you still step on the brake pedal in the same location as if you were going to heel and toe? I realize @honeybadger doesn't drive his GT350 on the street.

When I use the brake, my foot is half on and half off the brake pedal so that when I tip my foot it will reach the gas pedal. I like to always position my foot in the same place on the brake pedal whether I'm on the street or track. That is the biggest thing I believe I gain by heel and toeing on the street. Really good familiarity with where my brake foot goes, so it always hits the same spot on the brake pedal and I can get consistent braking on the track.

I'm not saying I'm right and someone else is wrong, just looking to understand and maybe learn something.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Yeah, I always use the brake in the same way as at speed, but obviously not as much pressure. I’m a brake pedal stabber and brake late always, which causes my wife much angst. OK, YOU CAN SLOW DOWN NOW!
Sponsored