Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The way I see it, the Mach 1 is just as much of a ripoff as the GT350 was... yes, for the price, the Camaro offers better performance. Yes, you could probably buy a base GT and upgrade it to be faster for cheaper if you don’t care about warranties and reliability and such. But for someone who wants a reliable factory track brawler with a warranty, the Mach 1 is a no brainer
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
prop rods don't fail and break like stupid pressurized hydraulic cylinders do. If you want reliable you go for prop-rod every time. :)
You've never hit your head on it or knocked it out with your elbow? And it takes two hands to open and close, Prop rods SUCK!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You've never hit your head on it or knocked it out with your elbow? And it takes two hands to open and close, Prop rods SUCK!
it was a joke. But no. My hood has been up 5 times in 2 years. And I still have 2 hands and arms and they appear to still work reasonably well.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
If you think the price difference is bad in the US, then our UK pricing is going to look even worse! The Mach 1 I've ordered is £58,835 vs £50,150 for a loaded UK-spec GT with premium paint, Mag ride, Recaros, custom pack etc.
And that's before any discounts on the GT you can readily achieve from dealers.
In some respects I wish I hadn't checked that!

So why did I buy it?
I think I'm of the same opinion as Charlemagne and Fishtales - this is a 'best of' Mustang and also just happens to the best Mustang we can get here, officially and with a warranty.

The odd import Shelby GT350 can be found for sale in the UK but at ~£70-80k, it's a unicorn car over here, but has no warranty, incredibly limited support that is totally outside the Ford dealer network, and the wheel is on the wrong side for us ;)
For me it's not a realistic option to be used and enjoyed. I think I'd probably pay the premium if it was sold here in the UK by Ford. But it isn't.

The Bullitt? There's a few still kicking around, great car and spec if you like DHG.
Sadly I don't...

As for the GT? Is the Mach 1 worth that much more?
Well, I suppose it is to me - they've thrown a lot of otherwise unavailable upgrades at it and - in my opinion - the much improved front fascia treatment helped justify the cost.
I'm hoping it's a bit like the 911 GTS I've had - initially viewed as a parts bin special too, but the combination of upgrades made a bigger difference than might have been suggested by the spec sheet. Time will tell I suppose.

I'm looking forward to what could be my last chance to buy a new, naturally aspirated, V8, manual, RWD car.
Those with other cars to choose from or who can't square the cost increase, I totally get it.

-O.
Exactly the same reasons for me, Owen. I'm paying the same as well. I have had three S550 GTs and now I want to have the best optioned from the factory performance version we get. Like you say I also looked at the few GT350's on sale in the UK and it was just too much of a risk with no warranty and the prices being asked.
Interestingly if you spec up a GT with everything that is similar to the Mach 1 you have ordered (obviously less the coolers, transmission etc.) and then put the same deposit in on a PCP vs. the Mach 1 - it's only around £70 a month more expensive due to the much better residuals being offered by Ford (assuming no discounts, but even so you'll be lucky to get 3% off a GT).
In the UK it is expensive, but so is the GT and even the used cars are holding their value at the moment. I don't see it as a rip off at all.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
You've never hit your head on it or knocked it out with your elbow? "

NO as a matter of fact, some of us are not clumsily oofs.

You think they SUCK, it's your own fault, to complicated for ya ?

LMAO

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
All these cars are ripoffs, but you can enter Stangmodes Mach-1 giveaway + $30,000 cash for taxes and mods by buying merch at:

https://stangmode.com/

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Stangmode is a moron. I wouldn't want any car he touched, he f'd up every mustang he's ever had, why would the mach 1 be any different.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Stangmode is a moron. I wouldn't want any car he touched, he f'd up every mustang he's ever had, why would the mach 1 be any different.
but you'll be mobbed by chicks at C&C when you pull up, pop that hood and bring out your sandwich board that says "Stangmode's car, and the YT links and QR code you can scan to see all the glorious content."

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
So you still have to cut a giant square hole and install Track Vents or similar. Had the Mach come with a GT350-style vent or better yet GT500, that would have been fabulous.
I would have to cut a giant square hold in the hood, for the shaker installation, anyway. :giggle:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
You've never hit your head on it or knocked it out with your elbow? "

NO as a matter of fact, some of us are not clumsily oofs.

You think they SUCK, it's your own fault, to complicated for ya ?

LMAO
The only people that have no issue with prop rods don't do their own work. The first change/upgrade I make to all my cars is getting rid of those prehistoric, ugly pains in the @ss. You keep it if you like it, fine with me.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The only people that have no issue with prop rods don't do their own work.
How to explain the thousands of Ford mechanics who seem to get along fine with the rod?

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
I thought of ordering one, but they keep moving the goalposts. Now there is a rear seat delete option. I am going to reserve judgement until I see one on the track. I have a $44,000 CAD PP2 with diff cooler and FP tune which is an awesome track car, ordered for me the way I wanted it and I can't see paying $66,000 CAD for the Mach 1.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
My Mach is in production and I ordered the redlines already. Had them on my 15gt and it Just feels nicer.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The way I see it, the Mach 1 is just as much of a ripoff as the GT350 was... yes, for the price, the Camaro offers better performance. Yes, you could probably buy a base GT and upgrade it to be faster for cheaper if you don’t care about warranties and reliability and such. But for someone who wants a reliable factory track brawler with a warranty, the Mach 1 is a no brainer
Until you get passed on track by a $10k cheaper/lighter camaro...
That is the problem, 1SS 1LE has been around for years and ford answered late, overweight, and over budget.