EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Geezzz you guys are worst than women.

I did yesterday and that's that. Ok you have a camaro too and your mustang can't walk it. It runs it. Cheers everyone! 😃

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I actually don't cook much. I'm hardly in the kitchen.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I actually don't cook much. I'm hardly in the kitchen.
but when you are, it's hot and spicy.

Wait, what the hell am I talking about? I don't have the foggiest...
I'll bring the recipe, we'll bake some chocolate chip cookies and rub @Mikthehun1 nose in it.

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I initially wanted to update from a Camaro RS (I4 Turbo) to an SS. I drove 3 hours to Atlanta to one dealership only to have to deal with a Bait and Switch tactic. Rather than drive another 3 hours home with no new ride, I decided to drive another hour to a Ford Dealership in which the Mustang I currently own was located. The Mustang was a last resort and I physically walked the Ford Dealership Lot until I found the car and matched the VIN Number to what I had on my phone. I was able to make a good deal and drove home.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I went back and forth and chose the Mustang, mainly due to interior esthetics. The Camaro dash looks a bit cartoonish and in my opinion the Mustang's interior looks more refined.
Keep in mind, this is the base LT interior. It’s on par with the Premium package.

1620665668577.jpeg

1620665769872.jpeg

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
For me it boiled down to nostalgia and past experience.

1) My 2021 GT is my 4th 5.0 as I went through a stint in my late teens/early 20's owning 3 different fox bodies. I just loved them so much for the fun factor and reliability that I kept buying newer ones. I beat the living hell out of those cars and many went 200+ miles without any significant issues (less the rust).

2) There is a huge Mustang community and history. It's a unique world.

3) I've owned Ford Mustangs (V8) and Ford Escapes (V6) and they've always done good by me. Very little maintenance or issues (less the rust). Solid drive trains.

4) I've owned 3 Chevrolet vehicles in my life. All were lemons. Always in the shop. Always replacing brakes. Always shutting off at the wrong moments and needing tows. Bad water pumps. Bad fuel pumps. One had a cylinder head leak resulting in a blown engine in the winter. Most recently we have a GM Terrain as a work vehicle brand new and within 2 months it was in the shop. A sparkplug broke into one of the cylinders.

Basically, they may perform quite well -- look well -- but I don't trust a GM product anymore. That could just be me, but that's how I roll. Ford has always done good by me.

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Keep in mind, this is the base LT interior. It’s on par with the Premium package.

1620665668577.jpeg

1620665769872.jpeg
A Base 1LT would have a Smaller LCD Display and no Leather on the seats. The 2LT would have addons such as a Technology Package (which would justify the larger LCD), and possibly the same Digital Dash found on the SS Models.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The LT from end is bearable but the cheek guard look on the refreshed SS is just ugly. Only the ZL1 looks good. but who can afford them? They should have taken the ZL1 , tamed it down , and put that on the SS. I think they came out with the LT as a way to make up lost sales because of all the ugly refresh reports that came out in all the car publications.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Didn't get a 2016 because:
- Visibility is shockingly bad, and noticeably worse than the Mustang
- Usable space in the back and trunk is much worse
- Dash layout: vent controls are cool but the vents are in a stupid spot, only good for making the shifter cold/hot
- I prefer the sound and character of the Coyote to the LT/LS engines

It's a shame, as the suspension architecture and transmission for the SS are MUCH better stock for stock.