Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I bet there is some dude on the Kia Stinger Forum saying he beat a Mustang Bullitt today. He obviously didn't know what I knew (where the speed trap was) I let off at 120 so I could slow down and avoid a ticket.... He didn't. :like: But I can hear him saying 'I rolled him at 120'...... Until Jonny Law took me to jail and impounded my car... lol VA doesn't play at high speeds.

His car was tricked out, had a loud exhaust, was lowered and looked great.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I wanted to like the Camaro, but just couldn't. I took a look at the 3 American Musclecars back in 2009 and thought the Camaro handled and rode best, power obviously varies by the motor. None could convince me out of my E36 M3 at the time. 11 years later, it was time to replace the M3, and when comparing the 3 again, to my chagrin, the Mustang (at least in Bullitt trim) was the best balanced package.

GM has a design and execution problem, I think they are into Anime or Origami. I also think the quality and execution other than maybe the Buicks and Trucks is lacking.

To me the Camaro was cartoonish from all angles, at least the 2020. The 2021 front end is a bit better, but I hated the coffin like interior. But in the end, I don't think I could buy a car from the company that killed Pontiac, Oldsmobile, and Saab...... Yeah, I hold grudges.... :crackup:

Personal preference weighs heavy, as do driver skills. Buy what you want and enjoy it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Just wanna give a tiny lil golf clap for who ever dug this dodo bird back up. Can you ever really have to much hate for Camaros on a Mustang forum? But at this point I don’t hate em. I just feel sorry for them.:giggle:

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just wanna give a tiny lil golf clap for who ever dug this dodo bird back up. Can you ever really have to much hate for Camaros on a Mustang forum? But at this point I don’t hate em. I just feel sorry for them.:giggle:
I’ve owned a 6g Mustang and Camaro. Both are great cars. Don’t understand why it has to be mutually exclusive.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
The problem with the Camaro is. a SS2 lt1 the way I would order it is Almost 47k , leaving the extra cost paint and strips off the build. to try to keep the MSRP down.
A new c8 with z-51 package is 67k .
If G.m. moved from the stupid 1967-69 retro body, and had moved it to a 1970.5-1972 retro body with later(mid 70's) wrap around rear glass. There be a new Chevy Camaro in my driveway.
I was never a fan of the 67-69 1st gen cars in the first place.
I have test drove a 2020 ss2 car, and if there was one the way I would build it. I would own one. but I guess the way I would option it out, is odd. as not one comes up in a national search.

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
For myself it was simple. I am not a fan of GM products as every Chev Car or Truck I had required major work after warranty. Also not a real fan of the look of the Camaro. The Mustang has a sleeker and more balanced look to it.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
The problem with the Camaro is. a SS2 lt1 the way I would order it is Almost 47k , leaving the extra cost paint and strips off the build. to try to keep the MSRP down.
A new c8 with z-51 package is 67k .
If G.m. moved from the stupid 1967-69 retro body, and had moved it to a 1970.5-1972 retro body with later(mid 70's) wrap around rear glass. There be a new Chevy Camaro in my driveway.
I was never a fan of the 67-69 1st gen cars in the first place.
I have test drove a 2020 ss2 car, and if there was one the way I would build it. I would own one. but I guess the way I would option it out, is odd. as not one comes up in a national search.
Have you sat in a 1LT C8 ? :facepalm: Seats are worse than those of my former C7 1LZ Z06. There are so many reasons for buying a Mustang over a Camaro.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Camaro's are very impractical if you want to use your trunk for a bicycle or golf clubs.
Camaro's are very difficult to see out of.
Camaro's are very ugly IMO
And like others, I'm not a fan of GM cars in general as I've driven a couple different ones for work vehicles and the quality sucks.
I am very happy with my Mach 1 and was very happy with 6 years of ownership on my 15GT.
Mustang for life here!

tcadaniel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
E350, Aviator,
I owned a 2021 Lt1 Camaro. Basically it was and RS Camaro with the SS drivetrain. It reminded me a lot of when when Ford made the Mustang with the GT engine but the LX body. I miss those. Anyway, my Camaro was crazy fast and sounded great with active exhaust. The biggest gripe I had was the interior. The quality of the materials was really cheap. I understand its a sports car, and it's all about he drivetrain, but it's really bad. The other issue I had was the size. I always felt it drove big, if that makes sense. It felt like a big straight line muscle car, not as bad as a Challenger, which I also owned, but not as nimble as a Mustang. At the end of the day the Mustang has nicer interior and, at least to me, seems more nimble and planted than the Camaro.