Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Ha, then he obviously wasn't racing you. You're not beating much of anything in 5th gear if the other person is remotely trying (Camaro or other). The 6th gen SS are indeed quicker than a 15-17 GT M6.
He sucked at driving is what happened and got beat by a female. That's enough shame for him.

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Im honored you brought this back guys.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Because I've lived by pushrod v8s and wanted a change. I had way more fun revving out my friend's civic Si than I care to admit so the coyote seemed like a nice change of pace. Sweet high redline and still a v8. Redlining third gear, on the expressway, is a bit more fun on the coyote than LT1.

That being said, I still occasionally think what if. The LT1 is one hell of an engine and the camaro, in general, is very well engineered. I honestly think the camaro is just not made for the right market. Everything it does better than the Mustang is irrelevant to someone that's never going to track their car.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ha, then he obviously wasn't racing you. You're not beating much of anything in 5th gear if the other person is remotely trying (Camaro or other). The 6th gen SS are indeed quicker than a 15-17 GT M6.
I was actually thinking the same thing, at first. The 6th gen is unquestionably faster than a stock 15-17 GT BUT the camaro has even more sh**y transmission gearing than the 18+ GT m6. So the 15-17 GT fifth would be in the 1:1 while the camaro, if also in fifth, is .74 or .75. Depending on the speed and no one bothering to downshift, I can actually believe it.

Now the D4 fifth? No way. Before I got the power pack fifth gear sucked and I'd have to floor it to gain a bees dick worth of speed in sixth.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I was actually thinking the same thing, at first. The 6th gen is unquestionably faster than a stock 15-17 GT BUT the camaro has even more sh**y transmission gearing than the 18+ GT m6. So the 15-17 GT fifth would be in the 1:1 while the camaro, if also in fifth, is .74 or .75. Depending on the speed and no one bothering to downshift, I can actually believe it.

Now the D4 fifth? No way. Before I got the power pack fifth gear sucked and I'd have to floor it to gain a bees dick worth of speed in sixth.
Not really, the camaros 4th gear tops out around 145mph. No really good reason to race past that point. 5th and 6th are just overdrive gears

The camaro has long gears but actually has torque to compensate for it.

If she pulled on a 6th gen while she was in 5th, they were either not racing, had no idea what they were doing, or went from a stupid high roll and stayed in it forever

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Not really, the camaros 4th gear tops out around 145mph. No really good reason to race past that point. 5th and 6th are just overdrive gears

The camaro has long gears but actually has torque to compensate for it.
You realize I'm not making up a scenario here, right? Someone above said they walked a camaro in fifth gear so, if the camaro was actually trying, it wasn't in fourth. Otherwise it wouldn't have walked it.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
You realize I'm not making up a scenario here, right? Someone above said they walked a camaro in fifth gear so, if the camaro was actually trying, it wasn't in fourth. Otherwise it wouldn't have walked it.
"If she pulled on a 6th gen while she was in 5th, they were either not racing, had no idea what they were doing, or went from a stupid high roll and stayed in it forever"

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
"If she pulled on a 6th gen while she was in 5th, they were either not racing, had no idea what they were doing, or went from a stupid high roll and stayed in it forever"
All I did was hit the reply button. Your last bit wasn't there and my quote proves it. Either way, I agree.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)

The opposite is the case. The Camaro does use all 5 gears to accelerate to VMAX which is about 180 mph, it's just not possible to have a non-overdrive gear that goes that far without ruining your overall axle ratio. Ford on the other hand decided that the 5th gear in Mustang 15-17 only reaches up to about 140 mph, so you have to go to the already far slower vmax of 155 mph in 6th gear (which is a painful 0.65). The Mustang 18+ is even worse with reaching Vmax in 4th gear . Then you really have to useless overdrive gears and not the power you could have the accelerate at high speeds.

I tested vmax runs enough here on the Autobahn 😎✌

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Im honored you brought this back guys.
Small egos don't take much.

Kamaros are and will always be want 2 be corvetts . Butt fugly front and rear, today. I'm glad they're around fun to mess with . Hell even the Dodge pounds the Kamaro.

Speaking of Dodge, is it not time they re-enter the NASCA game? As lame as it is, I might start watching again.

Last edited:

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
If it will make you guys feel better,

It was an older camaro ss I guess 5th gen or whatever the F they call it.

We were on the highway he was showing off so I put it down to fifth and caught up with him, then yes I did pull him. I was on fifth and first time ever I went up to 7k rpm in my car.He tried tho, props to him.
Or maybe he was too busy looking at my fine ass ... 😜 😆