Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Honestly I wasn’t shopping when I test drove a 19 gt, was killing time waiting on tire barn to mount some mower tires for me. Liked the car but wasn’t thinking about buying. Well 2 weeks later I had a really good woman just decide “the spark wasn’t there anymore” so I figured what better to heal than a new car with a shit ton of horsepower lol.

Being a Ford guy the mustang choice was easy but I did watch a lot of videos comparing the pp1, 1le, and scat pack. Pretty much came to the conclusion that the challenger just exists, camaro corners, and the mustang takes the drag race every time. I still remember one video I watched where they were having a rev contest, the coyote was just singing at 7k rpm and the camaro and challenger guys were trying to figure out how to get it to rev past 2k. Ford knows what we want….

The sound, holy shit these coyotes sound amazing! I LOVE the exhaust on my car, camaro and challenger don’t sound unique at all.

The front end on the new camaros are hideous, I’d be embarrassed to admit I was on the design team for the front of those cars. It reminds me of a cartoon shark smiling lol.

I knew I wanted a mustang but I did do extensive research to make sure I was getting the most performance I could with the amount I had to spend.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I’d do a CTS-V or CT5-V before a Camaro, but the price pushed too high for me. Local dealerships were marking up $40k over sticker.
dealers here in VA no less than 3 said selling at MSRP. Problem is when it'll show up. If I order I'll probably do so around March. Gotta see if this gov't induced insanity blows over or not.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
and the camaro and challenger guys were trying to figure out how to get it to rev past 2k
I've wrung the nuts off both. The Camaro needs a tune to pull clean to 6500 (it runs out of breath at high 5's with stock tune) and sure the Challenger rolls over at about 5000. But nobody with any sense keeps these motors around 2000 unless you're just droning down the interstate half asleep.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
I wanted a V8 car before they become extinct.
I also wanted something I could do HPDE days with.
I would’ve gone Camaro just because of how track capable they are.
But I had 3 problems.
#1 wife - absolutely wouldn’t be caught dead in a Camaro. Not enough mullet.
#2 looks - love the look of the S550
#3 Coyote - can’t beat the sound.
Those 3 things outweighed the only thing I was concerned with, track.
So now I’m dropping $6K on coolers, then should be happy as a clam.

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
So did you get it fixed ? Was it a full quarter replacement?
Yeah, just had to switch out the right rear quarter panel. The door was okay and had one little knick on the wheel. But the damn woman still got my car on the CarFax which really pisses me off. Insurance covered all the damage but I feel like she still owes me about $4000.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah, just had to switch out the right rear quarter panel. The door was okay and had one little knick on the wheel. But the damn woman still got my car on the CarFax which really pisses me off. Insurance covered all the damage but I feel like she still owes me about $4000.
If someone else was at fault, make a diminished value claim (difference in value of car compared to before the accident). Should be able to unless you have no fault or insurance lobbyists were good enough where you live to ban them. That actually gives you a profit the longer you own the car because you get the difference in value now which is more than it will be when you sell the car x years later.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
dealers here in VA no less than 3 said selling at MSRP. Problem is when it'll show up. If I order I'll probably do so around March. Gotta see if this gov't induced insanity blows over or not.
Yep, this Gov is a shit show and clueless for sure. They have not a clue what the hell ecomerce, micro or Macro economics is. Good Luck

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I've wrung the nuts off both. The Camaro needs a tune to pull clean to 6500 (it runs out of breath at high 5's with stock tune) and sure the Challenger rolls over at about 5000. But nobody with any sense keeps these motors around 2000 unless you're just droning down the interstate half asleep.
They were just free revving them, not driving. Mustang was the only one that didn’t have a nanny on rpm’s while in park.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
cuz they’re ugly.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Because the fu!@# dealers here in P.R want $60K for a 2SS and $72K for a 1LE.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...I bought a Camaro; a 2015 2SS.
I really liked the handling over the '17 Mustang GT even though it
was only a base car. Street Racing, it would take anything I raced.
I really liked the Mustang GT overall............

The Camaro was a 'handler'.
Of course, that is why it was called; 'the Hugger'.
The hp wasn't on par with the Mustang but; it still outran anything I came upon.

The disappointment was when I traded the Mustang for the '20 Scat Pack Hemi.
Sure, 485 hp is great but the styling of the car was blandsville, even w/a Shaker.
The Challenger also wasn't a great handler. It wanted to sway/wallow in curves.
So, I decided I was going back to a Mustang.
Was going for a GT350 but, I came to my senses and bought a '21 GT PP1.

While I still miss the Camaro, I'll keep my Mustang................for now............ :crazy:

IMG_0119.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG

Last edited:

2015Pumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Yeah, I bought it between the time after my divorce from my ex wife and marrying wife 2.0. I find it's easiest to buy a sports car when you don't have someone telling you "no".
Love your color choice!! Im also divorced...but I have a gf who FULLY backed my purchase of a Mustang...a car Ive wanted for YEARS!!

2015Pumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
For me its just comes down to looks, I like the way the Mustang looks, I like the way the modded Mustang sounds. I see a Camaro and just go meh. When I see a Mustang pass by my neck snaps and I just look and wonder how they are feeling driving it.
YOU TOO!!?? LOL

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Never had any interest in Crapmaro…. Aside from that, did GM ever pay back their debt from the Gov’t bailout a few years back? Chumps.