Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
there's a sister thread on that. The summary is: vastly cheaper than Mach1/GT350 and has all said goodies from way back from 2016.
Thanks, but still not nearly good enough to make me want one. In fact, I'm not sure there is anything they could ever offer that would make me want one.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've wrung the nuts off both. The Camaro needs a tune to pull clean to 6500 (it runs out of breath at high 5's with stock tune) and sure the Challenger rolls over at about 5000. But nobody with any sense keeps these motors around 2000 unless you're just droning down the interstate half asleep.
All you need is a LT2 IM and the Camaro will pull all the way to 6500rpm.

The sound, holy shit these coyotes sound amazing! I LOVE the exhaust on my car, camaro and challenger donā€™t sound unique at all.
The Camaro I had sounded great, just different than the Mustang. I still give the edge to the Mustang.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
...I bought a Camaro; a 2015 2SS.
I really liked the handling over the '17 Mustang GT even though it
was only a base car. Street Racing, it would take anything I raced.
I really liked the Mustang GT overall............

The Camaro was a 'handler'.
Of course, that is why it was called; 'the Hugger'.
The hp wasn't on par with the Mustang but; it still outran anything I came upon.

The disappointment was when I traded the Mustang for the '20 Scat Pack Hemi.
Sure, 485 hp is great but the styling of the car was blandsville, even w/a Shaker.
The Challenger also wasn't a great handler. It wanted to sway/wallow in curves.
So, I decided I was going back to a Mustang.
Was going for a GT350 but, I came to my senses and bought a '21 GT PP1.

While I still miss the Camaro, I'll keep my Mustang................for now............ :crazy:
So your Camaro was a 5th generation? My understanding is the 6th gen is a pretty big improvement over those, so not really the comparison this thread is about.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
So your Camaro was a 5th generation? My understanding is the 6th gen is a pretty big improvement over those, so not really the comparison this thread is about.
...and your point is??????????

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Interior. Its horrible on the camaro. Looks like the buttons dash and overall design is still in the 90s. Same for the Silverado. (Chevy just completely overhauled the Silverado interior for this reason) to me an SS or above and mustang look good on the exterior overall mustang edges out even in this category. But inside the mustang takes it by miles.
I disagree. At least for the ZLE. The HUB projected. The possibility to choose the led colours. A nice big screen and BOSE sounds. I think is very nice.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
If yiu what a high performance convertible with a manual transmission the ZL1 convertible with a. Speed manual is hard to beat. I drove my GT500 CFTP and my wiveā€™s ZL1 vert 6 speed back to back yesterday. ZL1 is nice car but it is not a GT500. I like the ergonomics of the s550 better. I like the fact yiu can get a stick in the ZL1. She loves the car, so that is fine by me. Iā€™ll take a Shelby.

D.
Well, to be fair, you're comparing a car without a roof and a 6 speed manual to a car with carbon fiber wheels, large CF wing, no back seat, and a DCT. Base GT500 to a ZL1 w/ A10 is a more of an apples to apples comparison.

But, I think it's awesome y'all have both a ZL1 and GT500, even if your ZL1 is hampered somewhat by its convertible status.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
The real question is, why WOULD you buy a Camaro?
Love them both , have the camaro 6gen , had a 5 gen as well before the 6gen, also as550 mustang, the visibility out of the mustang and 6gen camaro are the same really. The mustang does have better trunk and cup holders. And not a fan of the gas door on the passenger side on the camaro.but other then little things both cars sick as fuck !

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm sorry but who puts A/C vents where your hand is on the shifter? GM is stupid and had plenty of time to fix that terrible interior and they didn't.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm sorry but who puts A/C vents where your hand is on the shifter? GM is stupid and had plenty of time to fix that terrible interior and they didn't.
Itā€™s a much lower sitting position in the Camaro. You know this is the base GT, right? Touch dial phone pad and all.

1636335745816.jpeg

Last edited:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

RazorRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack 1
used to own a 2018 Camaro RS Redline Edition, until i traded it in for a GT PP1. let me tell you visibility in the GT is 10x better. Before the GT i was going to get a 2SS 1LE however, I knew how the camaro was in visibility and owned a camaro already so I got tired of it and did not want to own another camaro and decided to try a new make and model; which is why I went for the mustang. NOT ONLY Does the mustang GAIN 10 more hp than the camaro 1LE 450 vs 460 whp and well torque, 420 vs 455... i went for the mustang for several reasons comparing the engine idles and cold starts the mustang had a deeper "Thunder" tone to the exhaust note. FORD nailed it overall in many aspects. (MT-82 is a risk of course; but can't complain)

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
used to own a 2018 Camaro RS Redline Edition, until i traded it in for a GT PP1. let me tell you visibility in the GT is 10x better.
The S550 does have unusually good visibility for a sports car. Even though, itā€™s an overrated argument that can be applied to most sports cars with less than stellar visibility. One thing Iā€™ve noticed with the S197 I now own is the visibility is just as bad as the Camaro I previously owned, yet no one ever complained about itā€™s visibility.

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I didnā€™t say they sounded bad, just that they arenā€™t unique. I could mistake that car for a truck or any of the other v8 sports cars but when I hear a coyote, I immediately know what it is.

The curvature on the front of that hood and the ridiculous body lines it makes for the engine compartment literally make me cringe.

I wonā€™t cut on camaro owners, to each their own, but it is definitely not for me.

All you need is a LT2 IM and the Camaro will pull all the way to 6500rpm.

The Camaro I had sounded great, just different than the Mustang. I still give the edge to the Mustang.

To me almost all GM cars look like cartoon cars these days.
Silverado front end is a joke too