Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
My goal was to get a proper V8 RWD manual stick car before they stop producing them and keep it for as long as I can. Another goal was to get a decent grand tourer and have capability to take it to a track very occasionally.

With that in mind, I feel that mustang's design will "age" much better over time, both inside and outside, while still providing very good track potential. Challenger would age even better in my opinion, but having a questionably fast boat didn't fit the priorities well. Camaro is in no way a good choice as GT car, it's hideous today (except for zl1 1le) and I bet it will look much worse 5-10 years from now.

If I was looking for a track car, I would pick Camaro any day. But Mustang is just a better car to keep and enjoy daily for long-term and it will look much more unique and distinct in the sea of electric clones later on.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Barely 6 months, this happens unfortunately. Lady pulled out of an apartment complex and hit me while I was going 45mph, like I wasnā€™t there. Luckily everyone was ok.
Damn man... Nice looking ride. Best of luck with the repairs. Glad everyone is okay.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Barely 6 months, this happens unfortunately. Lady pulled out of an apartment complex and hit me while I was going 45mph, like I wasnā€™t there. Luckily everyone was ok.

B53AC6B0-2FE0-4637-BC95-978E908FAF3C.jpeg

975C5689-4DCC-496C-B96A-BF214DEA9F8C.jpeg

1AD26569-63F5-4EDA-9232-A7FE4EAF09CC.jpeg
Oh no hopefully it get fixed and back to its glory. DON'T feel bad. Back in August my ss got t-boned ,left quarter panel..took some work But its good now .
Screenshot_20211105-170534_Gallery.jpg

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Im torn between the 2020 Mustang GT and the 2020 Camaro SS both in A10 variants. And both seem to be very close in many aspects. I plan on asking this question on a camaro forum, but the other way around. But Im curious about those that shopped both seriously and chose the Mustang in the end. Lets not use the "visibility" argument though. I've driven both extensively and that isnt a problem in the camaro, at least not for me. What else prevented you from getting the camaro? Was it price, availability or was it options?? Lets have a real conversation without a flame war starting. Thanks.
The view from the inside and the look from the outside. The mustang just felt better from a seating and driving position as well as curb appeal. Same goes for the dashboard.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The periscope option on the Camaro was too expensive.
the next version of GM's HUD will be fully-immersive, 360 awareness. You put on the special headset with optional face shield and you're in a full VR experience. All the while Ford is pussy-footing around with glass windows and nonsense like visibility. GM uses haptic feedback to let you know when the lane change is unsafe.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
The periscope option on the Camaro was too expensive.
Let me tell you!! The stock hood struts the camaro comes with are to die for !! Totally makes camaro the better choice over the mustang . Visibility is overrated.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
the next version of GM's HUD will be fully-immersive, 360 awareness. You put on the special headset with optional face shield and you're in a full VR experience. All the while Ford is pussy-footing around with glass windows and nonsense like visibility. GM uses haptic feedback to let you know when the lane change is unsafe.
The gm "woke" edition. Coming soon

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Looks, primarily. I feel the 6th, and the 5th gen camaros just look... bloated? Too wide for their height. The thin spanning grille and tail of the 5th did it no favors. The 6th gen... I dunno. Something in its proportions just doesn't sit right with me at all.

Engine, I like the Coyote over the LS/LT or whatever LX GM puts in nowadays. 7.5K RPM is nice. Not being an LS, tooā€”not that they're bad engines at all. There's goos reason it"s the most popular swap motorā€”which alsl means there's a looot of them out there. Tick and rattles and whatever other off-putting noises our engines are known to make be damned, I like my Coyote šŸ˜

Less material though, I guess I've always just... favored Mustangs. The only Camaro models across all its years that I really, really like is, of course, the 1st genā€”1969. I and everyone else, I know. I kinda grew up steeped in Mustangs. Not directly, my parents never owned oneā€”but, a cousin owned an SN95, which I have fond memories of getting to ride in. I distinctly remember about ten different Mustang hot wheels and other toys from when I was a kid. Racing games, I'd gravitate to Mustangs if they were available.

Long wall of text, sorry.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Iā€™d do a CTS-V or CT5-V before a Camaro, but the price pushed too high for me. Local dealerships were marking up $40k over sticker. That Blackwing looked so good though.
Mustangs looks a lot better, and I found the inside more comfortable. I also like the ecoboost high performance. I didnā€™t want a V8 where I have to be on a track to cut loose. The Camaroā€™s I4 was difficult for me to find potential upgrades/tunes for and the V6 felt like a bad compromise.