Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I would need the 2SS for the Camaro to have all the features I want to make it equivalent to a GT Premium (heated/cooled seats, dual zone climate, rearview camera, power/memory seats).
And your welcome to config as you like. The bump into 2SS is no different than the bump from 300a to 400a. Except for me, I put ZERO value on all the things you listed.

On the Camaro BLISS really should be standard because of the sightlines. That is the only feature I would like to have.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I'm picky AF, so I pretty much always special order. I feel like if you're gonna buy new, half the point is to get the car exactly how you want it (as opposed to being limited by what's available on the used car market), but I digress... If I got a Camaro, one way or another, I'm getting that green lol. I don't know if I've ever even seen that color on the street or even at the track, which makes it all the more awesome. How is it not more popular?
I will never buy off the lot again. This is the way.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
depends on the opening. there is a fine line i agree.

i do not foresee anything that i will need to go into the trunk that will not fit through the opening, for what its worth. Also a lot of items are shorter one way vs another, so fitting most things should not be an issue. Guess it depends what you are putting in there. With your charger, i would assume you use it more often than your mustang if you have large items that need transporting.

neither car is very practical realistically speaking.
I bought a cabinet for my garage a month ago. The box could easily fit in the mustang but not through the openings of the truck or door. So there I was in the parking lot pulling the parts out of the box. Nothing against any cars here as it was my dumb ass for getting something like that and not using the right tool for the job to get it home. Like @Mikthehun1 said though, if it can't fit through the opening, the extra cubic inches are worthless.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
f I have a bunch of little things, they are going to be put into a container to prevent them from sliding around the trunk. If I can't fit that through the opening, or into the back seat, it's as if they don't exist.
very true. I couldn't even get a small tray of yogurts (think ALDI) thru the trunk opening without tilting it at an angle. Any big plastic 'box/tote' will absolutely NOT fit thru that opening. Hell I can't even get a 24 roll of toilet paper thru the hole, or a 6-pack of jumbo paper towels.

GM really fouled that up. It's a Camaro, not a Corvette, it's supposed to be decently livable!! If chassis regidity was all that then they should have made provision for a bolt-in brace (ala strut tower). I can trivially throw all kinds of stuff into the Mustang. But I don't use the Camaro to do more than casual shopping, so for everything else there is F150.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
?? shock is still an option for 2021. its on the build website.

unless this is not the green yall are speaking of. but he did say lime green
shock is not green. it's a yellow. The only Green is the Dodge F8-like color they had.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I bought a cabinet for my garage a month ago. The box could easily fit in the mustang but not through the openings of the truck or door. So there I was in the parking lot pulling the parts out of the box. Nothing against any cars here as it was my dumb ass for getting something like that and not using the right tool for the job to get it home. Like @Mikthehun1 said though, if it can't fit through the opening, the extra cubic inches are worthless.
i agree. depends on what exactly is going into it, and planning ahead appropriately. id say 9 times out of 10 if it wont fit in the camaro trunk, the mustang probably isnt an ideal pick either.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
shock is not green. it's a yellow. The only Green is the Dodge F8-like color they had.
looks exactly how i would describe lime green to me. definitely doesnt look yellow. maybe green-yellow, which to me is lime-ish

shockss1le.jpg

green:
lime green.png

yellow:
Zinc-yellow-pigment-FB.jpg

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Here are some not so great pics of the rear view mirror camera. You can zoom in and out, adjust up or down, and adjust brightness

20210121_111038.jpg

And with it off

20210121_111256.jpg

Helps a lot imo.

SoonerAmongThePack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
In leading up to getting my 20 GT, I test drove a few Camaros. I felt the interior wasn't nearly as polished, the visibility wasn't as good, and the Coyote V8 sounded better to me. I think the Camaro can be gorgeous on the outside, and since I'm not a racer, didn't need to worry about the handling difference.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Here are some not so great pics of the rear view mirror camera. You can zoom in and out, adjust up or down, and adjust brightness

20210121_111038.jpg

And with it off

20210121_111256.jpg

Helps a lot imo.
The pics being in different places tripped me out lol. I'd be excited to try a rear view camera like that.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
And those pics don't do it justice, looks even better in person. But the side profile kills it for me sometimes.
You need to finish out your ground effects and get the sides. Completing the ground effects will do wonders for your side profile. :thumbsup:

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Im torn between the 2020 Mustang GT and the 2020 Camaro SS both in A10 variants. And both seem to be very close in many aspects. I plan on asking this question on a camaro forum, but the other way around. But Im curious about those that shopped both seriously and chose the Mustang in the end. Lets not use the "visibility" argument though. I've driven both extensively and that isnt a problem in the camaro, at least not for me. What else prevented you from getting the camaro? Was it price, availability or was it options?? Lets have a real conversation without a flame war starting. Thanks.
Just compare the price. My 19 premium GT with A10 and PP1, after a little wrangling with the dealer came in at a little less then 46K. I was looking at Camaro SS at the the same time and for the same basic package they were over 15K more. The performance and handling are similar so why the extra cost from GM? Besides, the S550 reminds me of my first pony, a 67 with 390 and 4-speed, just like the year later Bullet model, except for some reason they had a badge on it that said "High Country".