Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
This thread is like the undead of threads. I think it died somewhere on the first page and Fatguy Vlad bit into it and it crossed over. The only thing that can make this good is if it shows up on an episode of the Walking Dead.

Maggie is gone as Whisky Cavalier seems to be popular. Michonne is gone next year. Rick will only appear in the movies if they ever get done. Morgan is over at Fear The Walking Dead but may crossover again. That show is the walking dead of the walking dead franchise! :crackup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
This logic is so convoluted I can't even get my head around it.

You're saying that Ford will only finance for 6 years, so the warranty is only for 6 years, so the engine will only last 6 years? There's so much wrong with this....I can't even begin to....

The OEMs go to great lengths to extend the engine life well beyond the warranty period. I've seen some internal documents that prove it. It has to do with building a long-term reputation. I, for one, was surprised they were concerned with engine life of 10+ years.

If it last longer so be it, but they only care that it reaches the end of the warranty - then you can buy another car and just keep paying Ford every month.

Decades ago most people paid cars off in three years and thus you only got three year warranties. See how that works. Having huge repair costs while still making payments does not help retention. But they only need it to go the length of the warranty at least, and then give you the new car option.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
The 3.5L/3.7L had water pump issues which would cause coolant to flood the engine and hydro lock the engine (prior to the S550 introduction). A simple Google search for "taurus 3.5l waterpump replacement" will yield plenty of results. Ford is still selling a huge number of vehicles with the 3.5L (I believe the 3.7L has been discontinued).

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I wonder why Hyundai has a 10 year warranty when their loans are only 5-6 years....hmmm.....maybe the two aren’t connected.

Maybe, just maybe...warranties are longer because companies compete with each other....and maybe loan terms are longer because people want lower notes and the companies oblige.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Obviously, it's because of the 10 year financing programs they are offering on their $15k vehicles.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The 3.5L/3.7L had water pump issues which would cause coolant to flood the engine and hydro lock the engine (prior to the S550 introduction). A simple Google search for "taurus 3.5l waterpump replacement" will yield plenty of results. Ford is still selling a huge number of vehicles with the 3.5L (I believe the 3.7L has been discontinued).

For what it’s worth that only applies to the front wheel drive cars. The V6 Mustangs have a better and safer outside arrangement.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I wonder why Hyundai has a 10 year warranty when their loans are only 5-6 years....hmmm.....maybe the two aren’t connected.

Maybe, just maybe...warranties are longer because companies compete with each other....and maybe loan terms are longer because people want lower notes and the companies oblige.

Oooo...

Someone doesn’t follow the decades old tradition. Yup based on that the whole thing was a made up fabrication on my part. Nope the warranty and payment plans were never coordinated. Nope, the idea never clicked in anyone’s mind. Guess I should fly down to Ford headquarters and tell Hackett about my new idea! :cwl:

And yes it’s competition especially with Hyundai and upstart Kia.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Whatever dude.....I’ve bought 8 new vehicles and the loan terms and warranty period were never the same. Not even once.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
That's too bad. We've put a lot of great things into them in the last few years, specially focused on making them the driver's choice.

Parked my car in the parking lot and staring at my old friend - Yup my fast truck is back! They didn’t retire it. I might take her for a shakedown spin this afternoon. She still has the repair tags on so the garage has to clear her but I’m once again:

KING OF THE ROAD!!!!!

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
It depends.

If he is true linehaul I can understand it. These days I just do shuttles like 25 minutes one way. There is a difference. Some guys like to drive and I mean deep into the States from Canada. It’s totally different than my reality. Plus I’m retirement age and will leave all that soon. So a little reminder in my Mustang’s engine bay would be nice...
He drives for a local freight company has his own area/route he is on 80% of the time. Other times he will do some some stuff from Illinois to Indiana

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
There's a 200 horsepower difference between 2000 lb ft @ 1550 RPM and 1850 lb ft @ 1100 RPM...

Well there you go, my bad. I also screwed up on the rpms. Dropping at 1500. And it turns out my fast truck is toast. Retired! :frown:

Like I soon will be... :frown:

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Oooo...

Someone doesn’t follow the decades old tradition. Yup based on that the whole thing was a made up fabrication on my part. Nope the warranty and payment plans were never coordinated. Nope, the idea never clicked in anyone’s mind. Guess I should fly down to Ford headquarters and tell Hackett about my new idea! .
You do realize you can choose the term of the loan when you buy a car, right?

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
But if they don’t need six years the salesman isn’t doing his job.
So you’re saying if the customer doesn’t have enough monthly income to finance a car for 5 years, then the salesman isn’t doing his job. Or maybe the customer just doesn’t want a 6 year loan? Or maybe we the customer have a say in the matter?
Sponsored