Who will swap for the new 7.3 V8!

Discussion in 'Mustang S550 General Forums' started by Fatguy, Mar 9, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    Fatguy

Fatguy Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Mustang
    0   0   0

People who need facts for more that utility are probably insecure about their reality.

2. OP
    OP
    Fatguy

Fatguy Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Mustang
    0   0   0

All true. I’m the king of part throttle. Why is that such a problem here?

3. OP
    OP
    Fatguy

Fatguy Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Mustang
    0   0   0

“I” never said everyone, “You did...

4. dguzzi

dguzzi Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
    0   0   0
    I wouldn't put it in a mustang but maybe a Galaxie, doesn't have to stay low compression. A little tuning fun. Surely no one will offer camshafts that make it all racy. I bet it could sound great.
    (no I can't do it, but its fun to dream)

5. Norm Peterson

Norm Peterson corner barstool sitter

First Name:
    Norm
    Vehicle(s):
    '08 GT #85, '19 WRX, '01 20AE
    On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
    0   0   0
    Trouble is, displacement in and of itself is not the be-all, end-all answer for every car enthusiast. No more than the current chases for huge power or low zero to 60 times have become. Past some vague and even harder to describe point, those aren't even the right buttons to push, at least where I'm concerned.

If peer pressure worked on everybody, I wouldn't be driving any of the cars in my sig. Don't know what I would be driving, but at least two of them wouldn't be nearly as much fun to drive as any of the ones I do have.

I know you got around to talking about Jaguars . . . the L6 in its final 4.2L form was a long-stroke low-revving engine in a lighter car than what the V12 was fitted to. I could look up the specs, but I have a feeling that the image of "12 cylinders" was what was primarily responsible for the end of the L6's run. 12 was the street where the European up-market cars and exotics lived. I actually got to drive a 4.2 Jag (a 2+2, actually), once or twice.

Norm

6. OP
    OP
    Fatguy

Fatguy Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Mustang
    0   0   0

You know more than me on the Jags so I’ll leave that to you. But all you other guys need to know that Norm is an absolute icon in the automotive world. I always wondered who was that guy who always lost interest in a car with an automatic - and - well - now I know, it was Norm!

I even started to worry about that guy as the manuals started to disappear. And here I found him! Yes Norm is the real deal - and when he thought I buckled under pressure about the swap I had to let him know that the peer pressure stuff don’t work on me neither.

But yes, I always wondered who that guy was, year after year - and now I know.

My hats off to you Mr. Norm Peterson!

7. w3rkn

w3rkn Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    bmw 135is(sold)
    0   0   0
    If this is true(?)... then can the mod lock this thread, it's a full-on troll job.

BmacIL likes this.
  8. BmacIL

BmacIL Enginerd

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    Because it's a hilariously stupid measure of performance.

9. OP
    OP
    Fatguy

Fatguy Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Mustang
    0   0   0

That’s right. If you can’t win an argument on its merits then get a mod to lock the thread.

The coward’s way out.

That’s why I do what I do. This kind of censorship is rampant in some parts of the world. We may as well do it here and let them point and say: Hypocrisy!

10. DekiDoo

DekiDoo Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT PP1
    0   0   0
    The 5.2 is already here, and 5.2>5.0. Your argument there is invalid. Also, guys that bought a "lower" motor leapfrogging guys with the 7.3 makes no sense. Whatever reasons someone had to go with anything other than the 5.0 still apply to the 7.3, whether it's insurance, mileage or cost.

I honestly can't believe that this is how you actually think at your age. Some of the things you spew are beyond immature.

I hope that you have figured out by now that women don't care about cars one bit. Ive gotten laid just as much when I owned my 91 S10 that was beat to shit as I did when i had my viper, and not being a douche that thinks that cars get pussy has a lot to do with it.

Once again, women don't care about engine sizes. My friends daughter (in high school) is dating a boy who has a v6 s197 and she thinks that his car and my car are the same. Did I correct her or anything she said? No, because she doesn't give a fuck.

You are not speaking for most people. You're speaking for yourself and you need to grow up.

People are just done with your shit thread. This should have been locked or deleted 107 pages ago.

engineermike and BmacIL like this.
  11. GT Pony

GT Pony Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
    0   0   0
    Apparently not, because new people keep jumping in and feeding it. It will probably hit 200 pages as long as people keep jumping in. Doesn't matter what's said in this thread, even if it's not related to the subject matter, it gets more responses and keeps this thread going in circles.

12. engineermike

engineermike Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GTPP A10
    0   0   0
    Without facts, you live in fantasy land. Oh wait, you DO live in fantasy land! It all makes sense now!

Anyway, your post makes about as much sense as the rest of your drivel.

BmacIL likes this.
  13. engineermike

engineermike Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GTPP A10
    0   0   0
    You keep saying you want torque torque torque. If you had a clue, you would know that the very simplest way to make more torque is to open the throttle more. You do know that engine torque ratings are at full throttle right? Right??? If the 7.3 gets rated at 480 ftlb, you’re not getting that at 1/4 or 1/2 throttle. Surely you know this.

14. OP
    OP
    Fatguy

Fatguy Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Mustang
    0   0   0

A fair enough question...

It’s all about feel for me. I yearn for the feel of the truck motors I drive every day that get you the torque down low. That is why I want a truck motor in my Mustang.

Max rpm for the truck I was just driving was a little over 2,000 rpm and I had it floored for 35 minutes of a 45 minute round trip. On the rigs we have we are not supposed to go over 1550 rpm while it gives you 2000 lb ft of torque.

I have driven this way for 32 years and want my personal car to have the same feel.

That’s the long and short of it. I actually like the 7.3 as is. As bizarre as that is to you other guys. Perhaps you guys should drive some heavy machinery for a while so you can appreciate what I desire...

15. BmacIL

BmacIL Enginerd

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    I have, 13L and 15L with manual and AMTs. My job is to make sure they perform the way the customer wants. In no way, shape or form would I ever want that feel/performance in a sports coupe. That you do is one of the most bizarre car things I've ever heard. Regardless, no one at Ford is going to develop a Mustang that feels that way, because you're a market of one.

bootlegger and Lightning Struck like this.