Who will swap for the new 7.3 V8!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If he Ford engineers have not put a 7.3 liter V8 in a Mustang, they need to get moving on it. Since Ford is to produce fewer car models in the future , I suspect they will have to look for V8 truck engines for future V8 powered Mustangs . All engine options need to be examined.
Yeah they'll get right on putting the Powerstroke in it. Makes the same amount of sense as the 7.3.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
TMeyer now has a CNC program that allows for the A-10 or any other Mod Motor transmission to bolt up to their modern Boss351.

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Troll?

Here let me break it down for you since you asked it as a question... maybe you really don't know what one is!!

internet troll:
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on topic discussion.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
7.3 is by far the better motor or else Ford would've used the Coyote instead.......
Maybe Ford could have started with the Coyote, if it wasn't already a tall-deck stroker version of what should have been about a 4.3L V8. But they'd been painted into a corner by that 1980's lack of foresight.

Norm

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
TMeyer now has a CNC program that allows for the A-10 or any other Mod Motor transmission to bolt up to their modern Boss351.
"The transmission was a fifty three
And the motor turned out to be a seventy three
And when we tried to put in the bolts all the holes were gone.
So we drilled it out so that it would fit..."
-Johnny Cash, One Piece At A Time

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
A conventional 302 using alloy block and heads weigh around 350 - 360lbs.
Wonder if Dart or World Products would drill their blocks for mod motors as requested?

363cid plus 100lbs of weight removed.....

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
A conventional 302 using alloy block and heads....363cid .....
Wait, we’re you the guy complaining about the rod ratio of the coyote? Also, the cost?

Well you think a 363 using a $6500 aluminum bare block is cheap? You think the dismal 363 rod ratio is better?

Oh that’s right.....as long as it’s not a coyote it’s good. I remember when you said the coyote was too complicated but you love the 3.5 ecoboost.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Hennessey-Venom-F5-Quail-Motorsports-Gathering-2018-2.jpg?zoom=1.jpg

I saw Henneseey was on the weekend morning news with news they are trying to be the first to hit 300 MPH in a production car. So I thought I would just look into it quick. I will admit i was a little surprised to see what looks to be a relatively simple engine design in a nice small package at 7.6L at 1600HP.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Yeah, no. Hasn't happened.

Oh for heaven’s sake Guys give it up...

Hey BmacIL: Didn't you work for Ford In the powertrain division for a couple of years in Dearborn? I’m going by memory from another thread, but is it at all possible that the guys there would cobble together a “Frankenstein” 7.3 Mustang and mess around with it?

I only know Ford’s partners in production like Multimatic (Ford pulling out of the Ford GT racing program if memory serves me correctly) so I don’t expect most of you to know, but whatever...

I figured I’d stay out of this thread and let it die but it keeps getting bumped. This thread is possessed! :cwl: I have to go and do something productive now like getting a cap put on a tooth that grenaded by me trying to bite down on a piece of Excel gum. If you guys want to keep this going without me - fine - but at least keep it interesting...