bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Someone had to be a pioneer and start a thread about swapping a 7.3 liter V8 into a Mustang. Engine swapping is the foundation of Hot Rodding. The 7.3 liter V8 has great potential for producing good power. There will be many reasons why Hot Rodders will be attracted to the 7.3 liter V8. Years from now this thread will be respected by many as a birthplace for the pros and cons of the possibility of 7.3 liter V8 engine swaps.
Yeah, no. Nothing wrong with discussing. There is a lot wrong with pretending it is a better match to the car than the coyote. That's why we are on over 100 pages here. An OP that doesn't even have a V8, being told multiple times he could achieve what he wanted out of a 5.0. Then a couple people lying about the coyote quality or ability for racing. If anyone swaps this 7.3 in, it will just be for show or bragging rights.
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
.... Normally I would say this is a cheap shot but there also seems to be a guy called Mike there - that wouldn’t be you would it? Because I know nothing of this board but the last post was June 19, 2017. So you sure knew where to go for that thread...
Sorry, I don’t have an account there. Plenty of mikes in the world.

Try it for yourself. I googled “barra s550 site:yellowbullet.com” looking for all this info on aussies doing this swap he mentioned. Nothing of any consequence came up, so I searched “Erik-427 site:yellowbullet.com” hoping to find all this info. Lots of hits, but still nothing on the swap he mentioned. He said he couldn’t link from here to there so I tried it and it worked. It’s not the first time he posted something not totally truthful.

We’re still waiting for him to post info on this 8000 rpm production pushrod engine he talked about pages ago.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Yeah, no. Nothing wrong with discussing. There is a lot wrong with pretending it is a better match to the car than the coyote. That's why we are on over 100 pages here. An OP that doesn't even have a V8, being told multiple times he could achieve what he wanted out of a 5.0. Then a couple people lying about the coyote quality or ability for racing. If anyone swaps this 7.3 in, it will just be for show or bragging rights.
108 pages summed up into one post.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

Yup, they did talk me out of doing the swap myself. If someone else sets up shop doing it we shall see. But you pick your fights and me doing that swap is not worth it. I have seen people do the impossible though.

Back in 2006 I had Prince’s engineer working on an EP with one of my bands. This was at Metalworks in Toronto and the deal was he got extra pay for working with us - plus - after my gang left (about 9:00pm) he got to work on his friends stuff till about 1:00am and then they would all go out drinking. So one night this girl with a small posse comes in with a hard drive and they spend the rest of the night trying to make her hit a musical note she couldn’t hit. This was before she hit it big but she sure looked like Avril Lavigne. That was the only time I saw something I thought couldn’t be done, it just took a Grammy nominated engineer to do it. BTW: I lost that guy soon afterward as Prince went on American Idol with some new stuff and yanked our man soon after that.

Those are the breaks, but this swap has nothing but disaster written over it. No miracles this time and no pro saving my bacon. So I moved on...

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
"the swap from V6 to 7.3 makes sense" Sure it does, have another bong hit you hoser.

NQFloyT.gif

Sponsored

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
"the swap from V6 to 7.3 makes sense" Sure it does, have another bong hit you hoser.

NQFloyT.gif
Bong water looks too clean for that to be real.
Also has anyone suggested going with a large displacement pushrod pony car right from the factory. See Camaro/ Challenger :)

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Also has anyone suggested going with a large displacement pushrod pony car right from the factory.
That has been thrown my way seeing as how they have the motors I want but just in a Mustang. Since the coyote doesn't have a big appeal to me in stock form, i been told just buy a Camaro then. Unfortunately I just can't get excited about the rest of the car in particular the visibility. I just want a good, solid, simple motor that has great low and mid power even if top end is slightly less that is fun for the street and sounds great.

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
Unfortunately I just can't get excited about the rest of the car in particular the visibility. I just want a good, solid, simple motor that has great low and mid power even if top end is slightly less that is fun for the street and sounds great.
Yah I'd advise against any big ticket purchase that you weren't excited about. If a back seat isn't a priority maybe a C7 Vette might be a good fit.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Join Yellow Bullet and enjoy......most sites don't like links to them because of their Freedom of Speech Nature.
Most sites don't want to open themselves up to receive extra traffic?

Do you actually type out the words you think you're typing out? Have you suffered a stroke? I'm starting to wonder if there is a coded message somewhere in your ramblings trying to tell us to send a rescue posse.

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Most sites don't want to open themselves up to receive extra traffic?

Do you actually type out the words you think you're typing out? Have you suffered a stroke? I'm starting to wonder if there is a coded message somewhere in your ramblings trying to tell us to send a rescue posse.
I wonder if he just doesn’t know how to post a link?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Was talking to a few guys who build Cobra 427 motors.
With a alloy block and heads, 455 - 460lbs is very doable.
They see no problems with a S550 swap.
They've done two S197 swaps.
500+cid for the world!

Now to get the A-10 to bolt up.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
They see no problems with a S550 swap.
This is like when Mike Tyson said "everyone has a plan until they punched in the face"

With enough fabrication, just about anything is possible. Just bring your wallet.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
2 years and $50k later.....yup....no problems. With enough cash and time, there are no problems.
Sponsored