Sponsored

Who has gone back to the factory resonator after installing an H or X pipe?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
You'll get more exhaust sound into the cabin yes. Try it.
Sponsored

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Yeh I’ll give it a try.

so I have decided to put the stock resonator back on. Can’t find any exhaust systems that have that deep refined sound I’m looking for.

Spoke with my tuner and he is going to tune the AE exhaust valves.

Quiet will be quiet but will open to full open depending on throttle %

normal mode will be quieter than stock normal mode.

sport and track the same as stock.

it’s just so I can have a difference between the volume. Normal track and sport are all very similar

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Didn't know that could be done ... let us know how it works out.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I started with an H-pipe and then paid to have the factory resonator put back in when I switched to a Roush AB. I knew it would be too loud and I was right.

Running a Corsa Touring AB now and its pretty mild, but that's ok w/ me.

Sponsored

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Yeh
I’m not looking for loud. Just deep and rumbly and I think the stock resonator actually achieves it well on the Bullitt. But we will change the exhausts to change the sound always.
Luckily I found an old video of my Bullitt stock and it sounds great 🤣

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
You can use the OEM clamps up front and these Butt Joint Clamps where you cut the back side......they work GREAT!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Screen Shot 10-26-23 at 10.08 AM.PNG

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Leigh_bullitt - I have brand new unused Steeda clamps (like the type above) you can have for nothing other than (U.K. to Spain) postage.

Heads up - Most people use a better quality clamp than the Steeda type (but they are not cheap in the U.K.), that’s why I have these spare.

Just let me know :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Wow you guys are all too old! Haha just kidding, but exhaust sound is all super subjective. I was happy with the stock Mach 1 exhaust, and still would be if I had left it alone, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t also be happy with changing things. First went to an H-pipe, and again was very happy with this change. Slight tone change, and slight volume increase. I’m surprised how many think it’s way too drastic, because to me it wasn’t all that different from stock, but just a nice little upgrade. Over time though I still wanted a little more, but didn’t want to change the active muffler portion mostly because I like having that system stock, and most aftermarket tips look worse than the stock Mach 1 tips, so I did catted headers instead. Pretty massive volume increase, and cold starts are intense, but I love it and wouldn’t change anything. I used to use track mode for the exhaust all the time, but now it mostly lives in normal as it’s plenty loud, and personally the tone sounds really nice too.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I’ll also note, while many with GT’s and AE are happy with X/H-pipe resonator deletes as well, I have seen more people complaining that the sound ends up more tinny or metallic sounding and not as deep when compared to people who do the same mod on the Mach 1 AE. Not sure if any of those people got the chance to hear both back to back to compare, but the AE between the trims is different and leads to different results when modifying the exhaust.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I’ll also note, while many with GT’s and AE are happy with X/H-pipe resonator deletes as well, I have seen more people complaining that the sound ends up more tinny or metallic sounding and not as deep when compared to people who do the same mod on the Mach 1 AE. Not sure if any of those people got the chance to hear both back to back to compare, but the AE between the trims is different and leads to different results when modifying the exhaust.
Agreed
The Bullitt I think sounds better stock.
But that’s just me

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
FYI....my Steeda H-Pipe stayed on less than an hour....in my 2019 5.0 Vert it made the exhaust only a little louder but much more RASPY and with any exhaust matching (auto or manual) it sounded like a 4 cylinder Ford Tractor while backing down.......NO BUENO!!:frown::thumbsdown:
My stock 2022 Vert with Active Exhaust is PERFECT for me!!:like::like:

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
@Leigh_bullitt - I have brand new unused Steeda clamps (like the type above) you can have for nothing other than (U.K. to Spain) postage.

Heads up - Most people use a better quality clamp than the Steeda type (but they are not cheap in the U.K.), that’s why I have these spare.

Just let me know :like:

WD :like:
Thanks for the offer mate
I’m got some good ones off EBay.
Sponsored