NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
with lethal black Friday special 15% off whipple u just can’t pass that up.just having truly decided on stage 1 or 2. With the black Friday special make me move to stage 2.
Go with Stage 2, let your right foot be the horsepower reducer around turns. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
New Jersey motorsports Park in Millville

OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I will probably go with stage two with larger heat exchanger & put a kennybrown triple pass radiator in there why’ll it’s all a part & a 170 T stat. Then if I get brave I’ll try a trackday & see how it does 🤦‍♂️.if I build a engine in the future I’ll lower the compression to 9.5 -10 to 1 and run a 3” pulley on street and 4” on trackdays

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I always do my HPDE day in April then again in Oct.this year in Oct it was 32* the morning of the trackday heading to track.got up to 58*.the Mach 1 ran like a beast. Just a little sketchy on the first session in the morning with the Michelin cup 2, but after a few labs got a lot better. Then the rest of the day is Mach 1 just ripped . I never do track days in the summer.
You should be fine then.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will probably go with stage two with larger heat exchanger & put a kennybrown triple pass radiator in there why’ll it’s all a part & a 170 T stat. Then if I get brave I’ll try a trackday & see how it does 🤦‍♂️.if I build a engine in the future I’ll lower the compression to 9.5 -10 to 1 and run a 3” pulley on street and 4” on trackdays
For the street I was given the advice that the Whipple is adequate in its keeping the heat low and the upgraded heat exchanger wasnt necessary. If youre doing track days then it probably will be worth it especially for peace of mind.
Isnt the radiator on the Mach enough?

Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
For the street I was given the advice that the Whipple is adequate in its keeping the heat low and the upgraded heat exchanger wasnt necessary. If youre doing track days then it probably will be worth it especially for peace of mind.
Isnt the radiator on the Mach enough?
Mach 1 Radiator is just a performances pack radiator.

Ryan_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2013 GMC Sierra, 2015 Maserati Ghibli
Here is my 2 cents based on running several HPDEs per year with a Gen 3 Whipple. I've had my hands on several Gen3 coyotes with Whipple as well. If you truly want to be consistently fast skip the blower. If you don't care about that the Whipple can be used. Heat management will be your biggest challenge if you start getting fast. The Whipple itself with the upgraded HE will be fine. If you start running hard you will have oil and CHT issues. Try to run the car in sub 80 degree ambient temps. The Mach 1 radiator is pretty solid. I would skip the KB triple pass unless you just have money to burn. Instead figure out how to fit an oil cooler on the car. You will have to get a little creative with the Whipple HE up front. I mounted mine in the passenger fender with a fan. That will help both oil and coolant temps significantly. I would highly recommend watching your oil temps with a real gauge. It does nothing for temperature, but run a little octane booster if on pump gas to ensure the extra heat doesn't induce knock.

For the future, forget the low compression engine. It will just make the car feel lazier. Just keep the boost as low as possible for the track. I also run the car on e85 which helps cool the cylinders more, and ensures I have plenty of octane. If I can help in any way just let me know.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Here is my 2 cents based on running several HPDEs per year with a Gen 3 Whipple. I've had my hands on several Gen3 coyotes with Whipple as well. If you truly want to be consistently fast skip the blower. If you don't care about that the Whipple can be used. Heat management will be your biggest challenge if you start getting fast. The Whipple itself with the upgraded HE will be fine. If you start running hard you will have oil and CHT issues. Try to run the car in sub 80 degree ambient temps. The Mach 1 radiator is pretty solid. I would skip the KB triple pass unless you just have money to burn. Instead figure out how to fit an oil cooler on the car. You will have to get a little creative with the Whipple HE up front. I mounted mine in the passenger fender with a fan. That will help both oil and coolant temps significantly. I would highly recommend watching your oil temps with a real gauge. It does nothing for temperature, but run a little octane booster if on pump gas to ensure the extra heat doesn't induce knock.

For the future, forget the low compression engine. It will just make the car feel lazier. Just keep the boost as low as possible for the track. I also run the car on e85 which helps cool the cylinders more, and ensures I have plenty of octane. If I can help in any way just let me know.
I'm sure you know it, but Mach1 already has an oil cooler with proper airflow and great placement :).

OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I always put oil cooler on my cars except my charger scat pack.was getting ready too,on track I watch oil temps and they get up to 260*.I put one my 1999 Pontiac T/A Firehawk with the adapter and oil lines off a Corvette. My 03 cobra use a MMR adapter that got rid of the factory oil cooler .I thought with the Mach 1 already having a factor oil cooler was just going to try and get a oil temp sensor& real gauge when got everything apart for whipple install. just wanted to do a few track days a year nothing crazy.It just so much of a fun day,but the whipple is for the street the other 363 days😜

Last edited:

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I always put oil cooler on my cars except my charger scat pack.was getting ready too,on track I watch oil temps and they get up to 260*.I put one my 1999 Pontiac T/A Firehawk with the adapter and oil lines off a Corvette. My 03 cobra use a MMR adapter that got rid of the factory oil cooler .I thought with the Mach 1 already having a factor oil cooler was just going to try and get a oil temp sensor& real gauge when got everything apart for whipple install. just wanted to do a few track days a year nothing crazy.It just so much of a fun day,but the whipple is for the street the other 363 days😜
BTW, if you can verify the following, that would be great - I know that you have air to oil cooler from the factory. I was wondering whether there is water to oil cooler as well, that is typically found on regular GT Mustangs? did they stack these 2 oil coolers or did they remove the water-air cooler for Mach1's?

OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I think just an air to oil cooler in the bumper cut outs. One side oil cooler the other side is transmission cooler. I have to get Under it and look. It’s hard to see anything with the belly pan.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I guess you could get a sandwich adapter for the oil fitter and add another oil cooler when I get it a part have to see. Don’t think you could add a water to oil one

ArrestmeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
A friend of mine is running a Stage 2 whipple on his 17 Gt. Performance pack car 6 speed. We regularly tack at thunderbolt and lightning. He has the upgraded heat exchanger with dual 11' fans and the larger throttle body. 3.75 pulley. He needed to upgrade to the 170 degree thermostat but hasn't had an issue since. He never pushed more then 7/10's anyway. Always runs octanium.

He actually grenaded his rear diff at lightning at the beginning of the season. He accidentally left TC on the whole session with R compound tires. You definitely need to change that differential fluid to BG 75w140 or similar if you plan on tracking it even NA and stay on top of it.

Ryan_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2013 GMC Sierra, 2015 Maserati Ghibli
That will be fine. The factory oil to water cooler will keep things in a suitable range to a point. Shifting around 6000rpm will help temperatures, and with the Whipple you'll still have plenty of power on tap. The important thing is to just keep an eye on your temps and adjust your driving accordingly.
Sponsored