Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Had an opportunity to drive on the German Autobahn at speeds between 120 mph and 160 mph in August in temperatures around 85ºF for 75 miles and I did not see any rear diff warning light come on. I guess there is enough air moving under the car to keep it cool even after my run. I was stuck in traffic after my run and the inlet air temp did shoot up to 115ºF. The cylinder head temperature got up to 235ºF. The oil temperature said ‘normal’ and when I brought up the indicator the dial was in the center of green. As soon as I started rolling the IAT would drop.

carnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT PP Stg 2 Whipped
Sub'd. I agree with the stay N/A comments. That being said, I dropped a whipple in mine (not intended to be a track car, but will serve double duty for a while) and hope to run a couple HPDEs next year. I'll revive this thread with the results of my experience. Hopefully it doesn't heat soak, but my driving skills, or lack thereof, might be the reason for the car not reaching it's limits. Lol

Woolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On its way
I've done two track days on my Whipple equipped car. One at full power and one with 25% power pulled. No heat issues at all. My limiting factor was tires. I'll be switching to Hankook RS3s in the spring to resolve that problem.

Sponsored

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
High speeds isn't the issue, it's the repeated acceleration on track.
For the diffs, neither hard acceleration nor high speeds are likely to heat it up due to the way it works. Diffs are placed under stress only when one wheel is spinning faster than another - that is, cornering. It'll overheat when you're cornering too hard for too long.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
Friend of mine tracks a 2013-2014 Shelby American GT350. Cant recall which brand of supercharger but he's never run into heating issues.
Sponsored