OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
With the A10 you are in boost so fast it doesn’t matter what blower you get you are going to be happy trust me.
thats what everybody is telling me lol im probably going to go with a centri of some sort just because i prefer the bov sounds lol now just got to figure out which one to go with
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
thats what everybody is telling me lol im probably going to go with a centri of some sort just because i prefer the bov sounds lol now just got to figure out which one to go with
E.S.S seams to be a good option.
vortech is good but you needs a v3jt or bigger, NOT a v3si. The v3si can make the power you are looking for but if you want to grow later the v3si will be in the way.
Procharger is my choice but I’m biased. A p1x would be my recommendation. The p1sc can make the power you are after. but again the p1sc will be in the way if you decide to increase power later. P1x has made 900+ to the wheels.

Last edited:

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
E.S.S seams to be a good option.
vortech is good but you needs a v3jt or bigger, NOT a v3si. The v3si can make the power you are looking for but if you want to grow later the v3si will be in the way.
Procharger is my choice but I’m biased. A p1x would be my recommendation. The p1sc can make the power you are after. but again the p1sc will be in the way if you decide to increase power later.
Something to add, which is embedded in the above post is to be honest with your end goals. I wasn't honest with myself and ended having to undo some things. I would have went with the V7JTB to start rather than Paxton in order to grow. All the options out there have different versions that work best at different power levels. The ones that work better at higher levels don't do as well when used at lower levels. However, if you plan to grow you can deal with suboptimal performance for a bit while getting ready for more power. If you plan on stock block and nothing more ever, then the v3jt/paxton, P1x, G2 (maybe 3) will be perfect as far as the centri, not sure on the others; if you plan on more then start a little bigger and grow into it.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Agree completely with Jackson1320 on a centri with the A10.

Boost is almost instant. What folks fail to mention is any FI with the A10 will do the same thing whether centri or PD, i.e. put you in boost RIGHT NOW.

The A10 doesn't know which FI you have, it only knows based on throttle position, it's time to gear down. And it does this superbly.

I have never heard of anyone that I can recall that did not like the P1X on a 2018+ Coyote. But bottom line is it does not really matter which FI you go with on the A10 cars.

Most any centri runs very cool, is very simple and reliable, and it can get you in trouble quicker than you can say "I just out ran a Hellcat".

10 - 15 years ago we could only dream of what we can easily have now.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you go with a p1x and down the road you need more you can upgrade the p1x to a d1x a lot cheaper than purchasing a whole new supercharger. Remember I’m biased so,

Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
What he said above , all the kits are pretty great. I'm running the ESS kit, the install is by far the easiest. Pulley changes are easy like procharger but the belt is run off the stock crank like paxton/vortech. Kit makes great power and my IAT's are always with 5 degs of ambient. Can't recommend this kit enough.
+1

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
The 10speed with a whipple is a masterpiece. I preferred the procharger on my old manual mustang. Not nocking centris but the vmp or whipple kits seem better put together for the money.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
the car will typically be used on the streets of mexico quite a bit, drag strip, and back roads. i was set on twin turbos for the ease of turning up the power, but realistically i only want to keep it ...
I'm mostly curious about that "used on the streets of mexico.." thing. Is this a "transport" use? ;)

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
A10 + P1X is a match made in heaven. Once you stomp on it you'll stay in the power until you run out of gears.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Sorry for posting in general, i dont know what chat would have been best to ask this. I am very indecisive on what forced induction to go with on my 20 10r80 car. i know its more of a "what are you doing with it" situation but i dont know what way is best for what i want to do with the car.

the car will typically be used on the streets of mexico quite a bit, drag strip, and back roads. i was set on twin turbos for the ease of turning up the power, but realistically i only want to keep it around 700-800 mostly around the 700 mark since i will mostly be on 93. but then again at that power level i could go with a vortech or paxton and be cheaper but i know the power comes on differently and you really dont get the full power till your higher in the rpm range.

anybody that can give me some advice or some pointers i would appreciate it. i only want to do this once so i just want to make sure its the right choice.

pfa

CE00D6EC-3BFA-46E9-B942-3F0F8D6C9F5A.jpeg
Do what the masses do!

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
thank you for everybody thats commented today i appreciate it alot. im definitely out of my element when it comes to FI and i dont even know what levels are provided for each company. i do know that procharger makes 2 different supercharges but i was unaware that vortech/paxton made different ones for different levels. I have heard ESS mentioned twice in this thread and this seems to be a relatively newer company in the s550 world and i dont know much about them. any info on trying to figure out what each company and level of superchargers will definitely help me out. i do like to know as much knowledge as i can to understand everything so please let the details flow. as far as goals go we all know we say for example "700 is all i want to do" but a year later that becomes 900. for me, i want usable power not just blowing tires when o get on it. im seeong even with the stickiest of tires, 700-750 is pretty much the limit especially since the torque will come on rather quickly on these a10 cars. PLUS i really dont want to be buying barrels of e85 i rather just get from the pump because of cost and simplicity reasons rather its pump 93 or pump e85. from what i hear is if you go FI you really dont want to go with pump e85 but that may be a myth i dont know lol sorry for the long message but i figured i would lay it all on the table to have you guys best guide me to the right path.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
thank you for everybody thats commented today i appreciate it alot. im definitely out of my element when it comes to FI and i dont even know what levels are provided for each company. i do know that procharger makes 2 different supercharges but i was unaware that vortech/paxton made different ones for different levels. I have heard ESS mentioned twice in this thread and this seems to be a relatively newer company in the s550 world and i dont know much about them. any info on trying to figure out what each company and level of superchargers will definitely help me out. i do like to know as much knowledge as i can to understand everything so please let the details flow. as far as goals go we all know we say for example "700 is all i want to do" but a year later that becomes 900. for me, i want usable power not just blowing tires when o get on it. im seeong even with the stickiest of tires, 700-750 is pretty much the limit especially since the torque will come on rather quickly on these a10 cars. PLUS i really dont want to be buying barrels of e85 i rather just get from the pump because of cost and simplicity reasons rather its pump 93 or pump e85. from what i hear is if you go FI you really dont want to go with pump e85 but that may be a myth i dont know lol sorry for the long message but i figured i would lay it all on the table to have you guys best guide me to the right path.
I'm in a similar boat and keep going back and forth on what FI to get. It was initially the ESS kit, but I've looked at a bunch of PD blowers as well. The one constant is I keep going back to the ESS kit, the Whipple is a close second, but there is more modification to components (cutting shrouds, removing bracing, etc) than I want with it. I think I'm going to go with ESS as the kit seems nice, you get a custom tune from the get go (vs a canned tune from Whipple), and the install appears less involved.

Good luck with your decision.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Pump e85 is fine, just measure the ethanol content. I am fairly certain the "octane" affect is based on the percent of alcohol which is easy to determine. I am currently running a tube for E70, just to be safe. The lowest I've seen is about 78, usually around 83. Pump gasoline the octane cannot be easily measured, so even 93 might not be 93. 700-750 wheel on 93 any of the kits will work. Procharger makes more than two blowers. Any of the centri kits will get you where you want, 700-750. All are easy to install. They are easier on the initial hit on the tires, one of the reason I went that way; but this results in slower 60'. PD or TT will also easily get you to 700-750, PD a little more difficult to install and TT even more. TT probably the easiest to upgrade later as far as rhe sky being the limit. PD hits the tires rhe hardest, but hook up and go. You can hook more than 750, there are people running double that and able to get traction at the track. On the street not so much, you'll need to peddle the cat. Stock the wheels can break loose depending on the surface, so I wouldn't categorically say at 700 you can hook up on the street from dead stop.
Sponsored