Sponsored

Which Car(s) do you regret getting rid off

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
22 gt500, 20 gt350r, 67 gt500, 66 Backdraft Cobra
As the tittle says. Anyone who’s been in the car game for a while has a 1 or 2 cars they wished they should have kept. I have 3
‘86 5.0 LX Mustang notch
‘02 C5
‘04 Mustang GT

The 86 notch because they had this really good retro look, and you see so many out there with either an LS or a Coyote swap it’s just painful to me thinking about it.

My 02 C5 was my baby. A consistent 10.8 car but was married at the time with kids and the ex wife wouldn’t stop nagging about it so finally got rid of the Vett and 2 years after that she went out the door too.

My 04 4.6 M6 was a fun car and I’ve seen so many folks pushing nasty hp out of those 4.6 engines and to the fact that they sounded great I should have kept it.

Oh well what’s a life with out regret. 😂
69 Cougar XR7: I bought it from my cousin he had wrecked the front end. I had big plans for the car but I had a hell of a time finding a replacement front end, well a affordable one. Everyone wanted more than a kid fresh out of college could pay, after a couple years of trying I gave up and sold it.
I also had a 74 Grand Torino sport I regret selling too. Badass pro-street build, mofied Cleveland 351 into a 400ci w/ 621 rwhp tubbed w Mickey Thompsons. I had to make a choice between keeping my first car a 67 gt500 and resto-mod it. So I sold the 74, but I still have the gt500. It's been torn apart and modified a couple times since then.

I love that car, you'll never forget your first.
Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Deeply regret getting rid of my 64 GTO vert with tri power and my 70 Challenger 383 magnum. Loved both cars but the military moved me around so much I couldn’t keep up with where I was, much less where my cars were!

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I used to miss my 350Z until I got the Mustang. I think trading it on an Acura TL instead of another sports car is what really made me regret it.

I missed my 96 Jeep Cherokee XJ for the longest time. Just about everything was broken on it except the drivetrain. A door wouldn't open, only 1 power window still worked, power locks didn't work, the windshield washer didn't work, etc. I gave it to my mom to trade on a new car during cash for clunkers. She still has that car today and it has had 0 repairs, so I do not regret doing it for her.

My 2005 Ford GT. No nannies and very dangerous on cold tires. Especially those goodyears.

621766A7-39B0-47A1-A9AE-23CF3CFDF60F.jpeg
Oh man. Aren't these scary like first gen Vipers? I do and don't understand parting with it. I'd probably end up keeping it and doing cars and coffees with it. I don't have the balls to drive something like this hard.

70 Mercury Cougar XR7
86 Mustang GT
98 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4
High school me was obsessed with the 3000 GT VR4. It was so ahead of it's time with the 4 wheel steering, active aero and adaptive dampers. It is still gorgeous today but I seem to remember the things that made it special also make it a pain in the ass to keep 20 years later.

Sponsored

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Sorry for the pics, lol.

The two I wish I would have kept were my 2013 F150 RCSB 5.0 and a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track. Both tons of fun, and I put a lot of money into that truck. Only reason I got rid of it was I was going through a divorce and since we were both on the loan, I either had to refinance it or get rid of it. I traded it for a 2015 GT.
IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_0829.JPG

The one I truly regret getting rid of was my dad's 00 F150 XLT 5.4 that I inherited. He bought it brand new in 1999 and when he died in 2016, it only had 85k miles on it. Still had the original paperwork in the glove box from when he bought it. But it looked rough. He smoked a lot, and the interior was disgusting (covered in ashes, stained seats and carpet, etc). The outside was beat up, tail lights cracked, bumpers dented, etc. When I got it, I immediately replaced the headlights and tail lights, wheels and tires. I bought new carpet and headliner for it, and when I pulled the seats out to replace it, I had them professionally cleaned while they were out. I went through 2 bottles of simple green scrubbing the interior of that truck. While I had it apart, I replaced the stereo, all of the speakers, and when I put it back together I installed a sub and amp. I replaced a few broken interior parts and it basically looked (and smelled) new inside. I eventually had the truck repainted as well (from Island Blue to silver) and replaced both bumpers. It drove great, and after I replaced the shocks, it rode great as well. Not ling after it rolled over 100k miles later that year, the transmission started slipping and the oil filter housing had cracked so it got drove for who knows how long low on oil. I ended up trading it and the 2015 GT and got a F150 Tremor. Almost instant regret. I should have kept both, but I really regret getting rid of dad's truck. Don't have any interior pics after I fixed it, but to give you an idea there's a couple in there of how it was when I got it. He couldn't get around very well for his last couple of years, and hardly ever drove anywhere. The truck mostly sat at his apartments collecting dust.
IMG_9545.JPG

IMG_9546.JPG

IMG_9548.JPG

IMG_9549.JPG

IMG_7918.JPG

IMG_7921.JPG

IMG_7922.JPG

IMG_7925.JPG

IMG_9658.JPG

IMG_9660.JPG

IMG_9661.JPG

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
I should've bought it back and fixed it after I hucked it into a guardrail, but my 2012 Infiniti G37S sedan. First car I purchased myself and I loved it. But kept my summer tires on too late in the year, got out in some sleety/nasty stuff, and boom goes the dynamite.

Infiniti.jpg

But that likely wouldn't have put me on the trajectory that ended up with me having the Mustang and Lightning, so worth it in the end?

Other than that, I've only had two other vehicles. I'm kinda itching for another full-size truck to replace my Platinum. But definitely don't want that as my only vehicle.

f150.jpg

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
I made a few grand on it and used that money for the Mustang, but my 2002 Z06 w/paxton supercharger should have been a keeper. Corvettes aren't me per say, but a fun car and one that would have grown in value ~16k miles.

IMG-0068.jpg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I made a few grand on it and used that money for the Mustang, but my 2002 Z06 w/paxton supercharger should have been a keeper. Corvettes aren't me per say, but a fun car and one that would have grown in value ~16k miles.

IMG-0068.jpg
I really liked my 2004 Z06 handling. The chassis was kind of a wet noodle, but the suspension was awesome. The weight balance was great. I would regret selling my Z06 as well, but I just didn't fit in it and I didn't see a way to make room for me + helmet in the car. The engine definitely needed help as well. I can see how a paxton blower might transform the car. I just wish it had a couple inches more head room and it would have been worth modding the engine.

Sponsored

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
70 fastback, 302, Medium Lime Metallic, converted to 4 speed Toploader, replaced the stock 2V carburetor with a Holley. Couldn't afford to do what I wanted to it at the time.

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt; 1965 mustang fastback
My 2007 Toyota Corolla. Put 130,000 miles on it and took into the wilderness multiple times on dirt roads that would make soccer dad's in their big lame SUV turn around and leave.

Traded it to my nieces 5 years ago and it's been wrecked by 4 different people and still runs strong.

I know, I know.. It's a COROLLA for christ's sake.. But I tell you what, I loved that car.
This.
Sometimes it’s not the rarity or cool factor of the car, rather the bond and nostalgia that comes with said car.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
My 1966 Fairlane GTA and my wife’s 1964 1/2 Mustang 6 cylinder vert.
Ira, Here's a yt video for you...GTA starts at 16:40 enjoy

Joedag1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
For me:
1975 Fiat 124 Spyder
1982 280ZX Turbo 5mt
2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ira, Here's a yt video for you...GTA starts at 16:40 enjoy
Thank you so much for this Bob. I've never seen this before. It was wonderful to see my first car again. Mine was a Dark Moss with the 390 FE engine.
Sponsored