Sponsored

Where do you buy tires?

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ GT Premium
Do yall go to Tire Rack or somewhere and have them shipped to a shop? How do you determine the final cost, it doesn't seem like they list all of the pricing. They dont even sell Indy 500's at any Discount Tire or NTB in my area and would like to try them out on my new wheel setup.
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I bought mine from Tire Rack and had them shipped to one of their listed installers in my area.

PilotGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Simple Tire has some good promos from time to time.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I buy from tire rack and mount tires myself.

All local shops betrayed or otherwise failed me... so that led me down the DIY path.

They are the title sponsor for SCCA National autocross program and they have awesome customer service. Also good prices.
DBA534DD-C3AD-4B3C-A6AB-513613DFE1BB.jpeg

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I bought my Indy 500s (for my wife's Benz) from Tirerack, then had them installed at Firestone. I bought my PS4S as takeoffs from a forum member here, then had them installed at Ford Quick Lane, after NTB told me that they were "damaged" and they wouldn't install them.

JR

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
I bought my Indy 500s (for my wife's Benz) from Tirerack, then had them installed at Firestone. I bought my PS4S as takeoffs from a forum member here, then had them installed at Ford Quick Lane, after NTB told me that they were "damaged" and they wouldn't install them.

JR
Picked up the Firestone Indy 500's at Walmart of all places. Best price at the time. Had local tire shop with touchless tire machine install them

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
I get prices from Simple Tire or Tire Rack or Onlinetires. Whichever is cheapest, I print that off and go to Discount Tire. They will match price and they can order the Firestones you want.

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
I decide on what tires I want and then spend a couple of hours searching all the online tire dealers along with ebay and Amazon to see who's got the best deal including shipping cost. I then take it to a local shop to have installed. That being said, I've bought tires from just about every online tire dealer over the past several years.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
You can of course buy Firestone tires any a Firestone brick and mortar. I buy from TireRack tho, have them shipped to my house and then take them to whichever local installer I'm using this week.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Do yall go to Tire Rack or somewhere and have them shipped to a shop? How do you determine the final cost, it doesn't seem like they list all of the pricing. They dont even sell Indy 500's at any Discount Tire or NTB in my area and would like to try them out on my new wheel setup.
I nearly always buy from Tire Rack, but like Nightmare above I usually have the tires shipped to my house. I've since discovered that TR's Delaware location is close enough for me to pick tires up there in person (and not all that far from the Cabela's). Either way, I have a local tire guy do the mounting and balancing when I'm ready to have it done, which isn't always immediately after I have the tires in hand.

Once tire profiles dropped down to 50 it became too difficult for me to DIY the mounting part.

Norm

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
I buy from tire rack and mount tires myself.

All local shops betrayed or otherwise failed me... so that led me down the DIY path.

They are the title sponsor for SCCA National autocross program and they have awesome customer service. Also good prices.
DBA534DD-C3AD-4B3C-A6AB-513613DFE1BB.jpeg
How do you balance them?

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Interesting, hadn't seen that method before. Thanks!
Even "professionally?, that's the way balancing always used to be done, before spin-balancing became common enough for consumer-level.

Norm
Sponsored