Sponsored

When is the first delivery to Oz?

GTCONVERT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT Convertible (24th June 2016)
I would sell my Convertible on order for a profit. The wait, lack of dealer feedback and reading on here we are possibly not getting this and that and lower spec leather seats etc is giving me the $h!+$. I ordered on 3rd March and been told it will arrive next March as well as will be built next March. If it wasn't so close to time for these things to actually arrive in Australia where I can see EXACTLY what we are getting I would have canned my order and bought something else by now.
Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
I would sell my Convertible on order for a profit. The wait, lack of dealer feedback and reading on here we are possibly not getting this and that and lower spec leather seats etc is giving me the $h!+$. I ordered on 3rd March and been told it will arrive next March as well as will be built next March. If it wasn't so close to time for these things to actually arrive in Australia where I can see EXACTLY what we are getting I would have canned my order and bought something else by now.
Is this a typo, or did the dealer tell you that?

If it's a March delivery, the latest it'll be built is January.

Jostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey Jostang...gather u've ordered a convertible. When did you place the order and what's the expected build date and ETA in Australia ? What spec have u gone for ?
Ordered GT last year. I've been told Feb in the first batch of Verts.

GTCONVERT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT Convertible (24th June 2016)
Is this a typo, or did the dealer tell you that?

If it's a March delivery, the latest it'll be built is January.
HybridGT, I have received both stories/scenarios from the dealer and the same person at that ! One was getting car in March (eta) and then I was told it has been delayed to being built in March as the Convertibles are being pushed later in the build - contrary to some other convertible buyers eta's on here.
I got my Welcome to your Mustang email on 1st September and am waiting for a VIN or something so that I can just deal with that Deysha and get a true answer (as true as it can be) as I dont think she can help until I get a VIN. Really frustrating especially if I get a Convertible just in time for WINTER !!!:frusty:

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Sorry to hear that man.

Yeah, unfortunately we don't get a VIN until a week or 2 prior to production. So definitely no VIN yet.

I've been told to check back in a week (from now), for a VIN. Apparently based off the NSC Number,
my build week is next week.

Sponsored

BLK_OZ_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT manual (Oz-delivered)
i get what you are saying Hybrid, I also understand what Blk OZ GT was suggesting, that the comparison of:
Get now - 2016 version at +30k
Wait 12 mths for 2017 version possibly updated at retail price

also, like I said above, it only takes 1 person to buy it.
Yep, that's exactly what I meant.

Anyway, mine's for sale and I'm after $71,400. Black on black on black manual V8 Coupe. Reckon I'll be lucky to get that.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Yep, that's exactly what I meant.

Anyway, mine's for sale and I'm after $71,400. Black on black on black manual V8 Coupe. Reckon I'll be lucky to get that.
When's your ETA and location?

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
January, Hills (NSW)
Yeah that's still early. If you're only looking for $70K, I'm certain someone will buy it off you.

If it was January and I was looking for a GT after seeing ads/on the road etc, I'd have no qualms buying one off you :thumbsup:

Your build date must be close to mine since my ETA is January as well.

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Sorry to hear that man.

Yeah, unfortunately we don't get a VIN until a week or 2 prior to production. So definitely no VIN yet.

I've been told to check back in a week (from now), for a VIN. Apparently based off the NSC Number,
my build week is next week.
I've had my VIN for 5 weeks and still no window sticker or build date.
Ian.

Sponsored

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
Ian.
I am in same position to you. Have had VIN for 8 weeks ,still no info on etis (as long as I am looking in correct spot).Got news from my dealer today, ETA is now 12 Dec was originally 31 Oct.My car was due to be segmented (built) 24 Aug but still no info on ETIS. I am not sure what is going on.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Ian.
Hmm... that's odd.

This whole order process is odd to be honest.

I am in same position to you. Have had VIN for 8 weeks ,still no info on etis (as long as I am looking in correct spot).Got news from my dealer today, ETA is now 12 Dec was originally 31 Oct.My car was due to be segmented (built) 24 Aug but still no info on ETIS. I am not sure what is going on.
If delivery is Dec 12, your car should definitely be built by now. Because transit time from build date to the dealer is 10-12 weeks roughly.

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
Since I have a copy of dealer STATUS ANALYSIS which now gives me ETA 12 DEC ,it looks like everything has slipped back 6 weeks. Even though there is no etis info for me I will cling to the hope that car has been built and I might get it for Xmas.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I got told that Ford Oz were saying 60-70 days from Gate Release to dealership depending upon location.

I'm concerned something has happened and that there have been cars just pushed back for reasons unknown - Aussie MustangGT and I originally had the same ETA of November and have had our VINs for some time (nearly 8 weeks in my case), but no build date from Deysha, window sticker or information in ETIS yet.

EDIT: Window sticker appeared overnight, to be built next week.

Hybrid GT I hate to say it, but if your car doesn't have a VIN yet there is probably slim to no chance of it going into build next week, as you would have received the VIN well and truly before now.

Last edited:

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
I've been told otherwise. As you'd expect with the consistency of information.

This is as of 1 week ago. Ford Australia were able to give me a build date based on the NSC and told me to contact them again next week to get my VIN for tracking.

I'll just see what happens. It'll be here when it's here.
Sponsored