When is the first delivery to Oz?

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
Some of us are just worried about living long enough to get our cars. I thought Ford would be falling over itself to get our money in these hard times. Wish Hyundai made Mustangs LOL.
Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
OOH....Bob, How can you say such things.....lol.
Ian.
Ian, I agree, I am not sure where that all came from.......considering the last ten months of waiting has only felt like a lifetime....:eyebulge:
I see that our UK brethren will also be very lucky to have anything arrive this year as well....their new saviour...Andy Barrett..their Ford UK top man, doesn't appear much now....he has clearly not been able to help their cause.
A documentary of the Ford USA screw up leading to our late deliveries would be entertaining if it wasn't so personally dissapointing.....it would be pretty long though...probably would be enough material for a series lasting a season or two.
As I am reasonably oldish, not quite having the head start in the age stakes like yourself, Ian, all this waiting is a large percentage of our available driving and potential enjoyment time of the Mustang. That is the most disappointing part for me.....time marches on relentlessly, even if the youngsters don't think it does.

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
As I am reasonably oldish, not quite having the head start in the age stakes like yourself, Ian, all this waiting is a large percentage of our available driving and potential enjoyment time of the Mustang. That is the most disappointing part for me.....time marches on relentlessly, even if the youngsters don't think it does.
I agree Bob. I'll be 73.5 y.o. by the time the Mustang gets here and my doctor reckons he won't renew my licence after I turn 75 for medical reasons. It's up to me to prove him wrong, but it is still a worry. I motor raced for 7 years during the 60's and prepared cars for motor racing, so driving performance cars is in my blood. I can't imagine not being able to drive a car of my choice while I am still alive, so all I can say is please Ford, get your finger out.
Ian.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
It's a good system that Ford have, randomizing pre-orders from when the person pre-ordered.

Keeps things interesting for them I guess. Either that, or some intern just dropped all the Australian pre-order papers and just arranged them randomly.

TBH wouldn't be surprised if my June order arrived before the January one.

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Keeps things interesting for them I guess. Either that, or some intern just dropped all the Australian pre-order papers and just arranged them randomly.
That was the ones he could find. Unfortunately it was blowing a gale. ;)
Ian.

Sponsored

Yellow GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Well, I was told that my delivery date was July 16 earlier this year (I placed my order in Dec 14).
Then mid this year I was told it will be around May.
Then in September I was told March.
Then last week I was told that it would be Feb... :crazy:
At least my dates are moving forward, not back.
I'm not holding my breath without a VIN though...

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I agree Bob. I'll be 73.5 y.o. by the time the Mustang gets here and my doctor reckons he won't renew my licence after I turn 75 for medical reasons. It's up to me to prove him wrong, but it is still a worry. I motor raced for 7 years during the 60's and prepared cars for motor racing, so driving performance cars is in my blood. I can't imagine not being able to drive a car of my choice while I am still alive, so all I can say is please Ford, get your finger out.
Ian.
I would be interested to hear what you drove in those days Ian.
I was fortunate enough to crew for a mustang drag racing team in the seventies, the owner, who I worked for, was also a usa muscle car importer, car customiser and hot rod builder. We built lots of mustangs, camaros and other performance vehicles. I drove just about every sixty and early seventies Aussie and US icon car in those days....and plenty of fifties and some forties cars. It was a lot of fun for a teenager. I have ridden a lot of track days on motor bikes but wasn't fortunate enough to go circuit racing in a car. I am guessing that like yourself, the new s550 mustang is a harken back to those days. I still enjoy caning a car whenever possible.....a camry has never been on my driving horizon.

Ford should be very embarrassed about the way they have handled this new mustang debacle, and how poorly they have communicated with their customers.
All the orders they have received have been based on the mustangs iconic reputation and past history like ours rather than any positive output from Ford themselves.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Well, I was told that my delivery date was July 16 earlier this year (I placed my order in Dec 14).
Then mid this year I was told it will be around May.
Then in September I was told March.
Then last week I was told that it would be Feb... :crazy:
At least my dates are moving forward, not back.
I'm not holding my breath without a VIN though...
Sounds like someone throwing darts at a calendar. ..April missed out.

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Just reading on the UK site that one guy's car took 55 days from build date to gate release. Then there is the shipping, etc. :(
Ian.

Yellow GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Sounds like someone throwing darts at a calendar. ..April missed out.
LOL... I'm half expecting them to tell me I'll be getting my car this Dec a couple of weeks from now...

Seriously though, I dont know how they come up with the ETA. Surely they are just guessing here...

Sponsored

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I would be interested to hear what you drove in those days Ian.
Gee Bob, where to start! In the early 60's I had a Triumph TR2 which I fully worked over myself and got it down to 15.78 secs for the quarter. I held all the class hillclimb records in NSW, but was not allowed by CAMS to road race due to medical reasons. I then had a couple of Alfa Romeo's and then bought a TVR Griffith that had a 289 Ford V8 and Borg Warner T10 gearbox. It did 14.25 secs for the quarter. It won all the hillclimbs I entered it in. I prepared a Plymouth Ramcharger for drag racing and it got down to 12.1secs in the late 60's which was quick. I also prepared and sponsored a Morgan 4/4 which (except for the first race), won the next 15 races outright at Warwick Farm and Oran Park. I was then a Citroen and SAAB dealer for the next 22 years. I bought a 2004 BA FPV Ford (new) and after 3 years decide to fully work it over including renewing the conrods and pistons with forged Manley units from the US, balanced it etc, (had that done outside) and then supercharged it (Kenne Bell) and exhaust, etc. On the dyno it put out 400kw at the rear wheels (about 630hp at the flywheel). I then bought a 2011 Jaguar XKR (supercharged 5.0L V8, 2 door sportscar), 2012 FPV GT-P (supercharged V8) and then lastly an FPV R-Spec (supercharged V8) all of which were new, and then been waiting for the Mustang. I've wasted some money on the above, but God it was fun. :) By the way Bob, you certainly had your fair share of fun.
Ian.

Last edited:

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Lol... Not to be a ball of negativity... willing to bet $1000 right now no one is taking delivery in December.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Lol... Not to be a ball of negativity... willing to bet $1000 right now no one is taking delivery in December.
Not willing to bet against you Hybrid..I am feeling the same thing.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Gee Bob, where to start! In the early 60's I had a Triumph TR2 which I fully worked over myself and got it down to 15.78 secs for the quarter. I held all the class hillclimb records in NSW, but was not allowed by CAMS to road race due to medical reasons. I then had a couple of Alfa Romeo's and then bought a TVR Griffith that had a 289 Ford V8 and Borg Warner T10 gearbox. It did 14.25 secs for the quarter. It won all the hillclimbs I entered it in. I prepared a Plymouth Ramcharger for drag racing and it got down to 12.1secs in the late 60's which was quick. I also prepared and sponsored a Morgan 4/4 which (except for the first race), won the next 15 races outright at Warwick Farm and Oran Park. I was then a Citroen and SAAB dealer for the next 22 years. I bought a 2004 BA FPV Ford (new) and after 3 years decide to fully work it over including renewing the conrods and pistons with forged Manley units from the US, balanced it etc, (had that done outside) and then supercharged it (Kenne Bell) and exhaust, etc. On the dyno it put out 400kw at the rear wheels (about 630hp at the flywheel). I then bought a 2011 Jaguar XKR (supercharged 5.0L V8, 2 door sportscar), 2012 FPV GT-P (supercharged V8) and then lastly an FPV R-Spec (supercharged V8) all of which were new, and then been waiting for the Mustang. I've wasted some money on the above, but God it was fun. :) By the way Bob, you certainly had your fair share of fun.
Ian.
Thanks Ian, that is a great resume....the last time I was in a tr2 there was no way that slug would have done a 15. The TVR sounds like it would have been fun...they were quirky cars...pretty to look at and then they try to tear your head off. I have not had the pleasure of driving many old English and Euro cars in anger....spent many years cutting rust out of lots of them though back when I had my crash repairs...
The BA would have been a beast....the modular engine was the start of a great new era for Ford engines. The Kenne Bell's have a fairly distinctive howl/whistle....it must have sounded great.

GTCONVERT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT Convertible (24th June 2016)
So when are we guessing PRESS cars will arrive then guys. The magazines and websites are still touting December so surely they will get those here for that ? or will Ford risk looking even worse in print (including digital)
Sponsored