Sponsored

When is the first delivery to Oz?

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
Blk Oz GT does have a point about being outdated, he didnt say obsolete.

Anyone ordering now will be for the 2017 model, who knows, sync 3? Updated seat choices? more options? yes Ford are being pressured by AU to give more options, so it is a possibility that the 2016 models will be outdated, but only by options, the car and engine itself will be the same.

Offer of 10k now to take your car as new, this year (hoping) yes I can see that is an easy deal, assuming they were offering to be the one to drive it away. More than that for a used listing no matter how low the Kms are? I for one cant see 30k being offered to quickly. It might happen, just its a long shot, but as you said, its what you think will happen hence making the choice to give it a shot, it only takes one person to 'pony up'
Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Outdated/obsolete. I meant the same in context, with regards to what he was implying.

What I was talking about is what the current market value of a first release (Australia) model would be worth to the buyer.

Sure you can compare a cheaper loaded 2019 model if you wanted to. But that still doesn't make it available "right now". January 2016 if you want to be specific.

My case in point here is that in January 2016, the car (Australian delivered) is not outdated/obsolete. It is not available for purchase by a walk-in average customer who has not got a pre order placed for at least 10+ months ago.

Hopefully you get what I mean. If not, I give up :thumbsup:

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
i get what you are saying Hybrid, I also understand what Blk OZ GT was suggesting, that the comparison of:
Get now - 2016 version at +30k
Wait 12 mths for 2017 version possibly updated at retail price

also, like I said above, it only takes 1 person to buy it.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
The only thing about that is that they're buying a second hand car off us and are therefore up for stamp duty which could be $4k if your +$30k number is right.

I'm thinking $10k is more realistic. I hope I'm wrong but $90k for a $60k car which is basically an outdated model already seems a bit high.
Blk Oz GT does have a point about being outdated, he didnt say obsolete.
I for one cant see 30k being offered to quickly. '

Mustang Motorsport in Melbourne sold a s550 converted to right hand drive for near on $90,000. That was literally sold within one week of it being converted across.

i get what you are saying Hybrid, I also understand what Blk OZ GT was suggesting, that the comparison of:
Get now - 2016 version at +30k
Wait 12 mths for 2017 version possibly updated at retail price

also, like I said above, it only takes 1 person to buy it.
Honestly people will pay it, there is a banana peeled every minute of the day. There are very few people who want to wait their order out. I don't even want to wait anymore!

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
I'm more concerned with what would I do if I was offered money for my car. If I waited 12 months to finally get it and I will have to wait another 12 months if I sell it and reorder again? I don't think I would accept +$10 grand, except if I was broke. + $20 grand ... probably not. +$30 grand ..... damn! I'm not sure I want to be put in this position. I think there are many of the 2000 people thinking similarly.
Anyway, supply and demand will dictate the secondary market. Who knows? Also I'm not getting any younger lol. It's a different story for younger people.

Sponsored

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I'm more concerned with what would I do if I was offered money for my car. If I waited 12 months to finally get it and I will have to wait another 12 months if I sell it and reorder again? I don't think I would accept +$10 grand, except if I was broke. + $20 grand ... probably not. +$30 grand ..... damn! I'm not sure I want to be put in this position. I think there are many of the 2000 people thinking similarly.
Anyway, supply and demand will dictate the secondary market. Who knows? Also I'm not getting any younger lol. It's a different story for younger people.
I know the feeling......lol
Ian.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
This guy knows what I'm talking about :thumbsup:

Good thing I pre-emptively ordered another GT in June, cutting the wait time in half, should I decide to sell :D

Sure, would love to have the car on release. But a big enough profit has more value than owning the GT 5 months earlier. After that time has past, I would certainly be kicking myself for not cashing in on early demand and saving 1/2 the price.

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
i miss the damn car so much! the feeling of hopping in it everyday, cruising around.... there is no amount enough to tempt me if I was on the first shipment.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Lol fair enough. That's exactly what I meant.

"What amount of $ would be enough value for you to wait a bit longer".

Some people place a higher value on early ownership. Which is the kind of people you'd want to sell to. Some would value owning it early more (eg. These buyers)

Keep in mind, many people know about the launch. But there's a much much bigger number that have no clue that there is a new mustang about to be released. In a few months, people will go into dealerships to place an order after seeing them on the road and ads etc. Get a shock after realising the wait time. Then you can work out what happens...

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Lol fair enough. That's exactly what I meant.

"What amount of $ would be enough value for you to wait a bit longer".

Some people place a higher value on early ownership. Which is the kind of people you'd want to sell to. Some would value owning it early more (eg. These buyers)

Keep in mind, many people know about the launch. But there's a much much bigger number that have no clue that there is a new mustang about to be released. In a few months, people will go into dealerships to place an order after seeing them on the road and ads etc. Get a shock after realising the wait time. Then you can work out what happens...
If I could have sold my 86 for $10K above RRP the minute I drove off the showroom floor in the summer of 2012...

...then the Mustang with all it's heritage and extra special sauce will be able to sell for the 20 to 30K you've indicated.

Yup, I should have ordered two as well. At first I though you were mad, but all it really costs you is a bit of time, some paperwork, and another $1K deposit.

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
86's went for close to 50k the very next day on carsales. And even the low end trims.

By memory the manual models had a 6+ month waiting list. That was enough to warrant a $10k premium. Just guess what a 14+ month wait list would be worth on a car that has a base value of about 2x an 86.

It's all basic mathematics and economics :thumbsup:

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i miss the damn car so much! the feeling of hopping in it everyday, cruising around.... there is no amount enough to tempt me if I was on the first shipment.
Totally agree :thumbsup: My GT is on the 1st shipment and NO amount of coin would see me part with taking delivery of it and enjoying the fun of "first release" out on the road.

Jostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mate... I'm not even hoping. It's literally guaranteed :lol:

I'm willing to bet you my car, that there will be people willing to pay a premium and say "F-You" to the waiting list. $10K is nothing. I had a guy offer me that 4 months ago. I'm expecting (conservatively) $25 - 30k. I'll ditch my first batch January vehicle for anything $30K and above. To me personally, $30K is definitely worthwhile for me waiting another 5 months, get the car for 1/2 price basically :D

But there are an abundance of people that will be more than willing to part with $20 - 30G's if it means no waiting. That's not exactly a large amount of money for some, so I wouldn't call people who are willing to buy it off you stupid. Would be loose change to them. They place a higher value in owning the vehicle "right now", over having just another few dollars in cash.

Hell, I even have a friend who offered to buy my pre-order. He's lucky I feel bad for taking a profit off him!

PS: Before the inevitable "You can't buy/transfer pre-orders". Yes, I'm aware. You buy the car off the dealer, sell it "Used" on carsales or wherever else privately. Easy as cake.
With the Verts only due to arrive in Feb, is $30k also going to be realistic then?
In theory, only 15% of orders are Verts, making them rarer... So maybe even more of a premium??

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
With the Verts only due to arrive in Feb, is $30k also going to be realistic then?
In theory, only 15% of orders are Verts, making them rarer... So maybe even more of a premium??
It all depends on demand and timeframe.

Similar to anything else in low supply and high demand, regardless of dollar value.

Easy example would be every time a new iphone comes out and sells out. Bucket loads of people ALWAYS willingly pay a premium rather than just waiting a while longer for stock.

That premium will gradually fall the longer the item has been in the market and/but is also affected by stock availability. In most cases stock slowly catches up with demand, thereby negating a premium and people hoping to cash in on it will end up being stuck with stock.

Just to clarify, when I said $30K+-, that was "my" personal sellout value. Anything under $25K, and I wouldn't sell my first batch vehicle. $25K and above is certainly worth it (to me) to wait 5 - 6 months more. The way I see it in 5 - 6 months time from selling it, I'll still have the car I wanted. Except the only difference is that it'll be about half the price. Early ownership/holding on to a depreciating asset for a mere 5 months certainly isn't worth the 2 months income to me. But hey, if one can afford to part with that in order to enjoy the car slightly earlier than me, I won't stop you :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Shadow Black, 17/Feb

Hey Jostang...gather u've ordered a convertible. When did you place the order and what's the expected build date and ETA in Australia ? What spec have u gone for ?
Sponsored