Sponsored

When Adding a Supercharger…

Medusa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Hello all!

Hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend. I own a 2015 Mustang GT manual with around 80k miles on 93 octane. The plan in the near future is to supercharger it, and I’m leaning towards a Whipple 3.0 Stage 1. My real question is what supporting mods would be smart when pushing that much power, especially with 80k miles. The only horsepower mod that I have to go along with the supercharger would be headers/Catback as my other FBO parts would be swapped out. Also This isn’t a track car it’s more of a street/show car. This is what I currently have on the list, if you would like to add things or tell me things I don’t need (overkill) please let me know.

Current List
•Whipple Stage 1 Kit
•Billet OPG and Crank Sprocket
•MMR harmonic balance Crankshaft bolt
•DeatschWerks In-Tank Fuel Pump with Install Kit; 415 LPH
•Ford Performance Gen 2 Waterpump kit
ATI Serpentine Super Damper
•BOSS302R primary tensioners
•MMR billet secondary tensioner bracket
•GT350 timing chains
•McLeod RXT clutch, flywheel, etc

I came up with most of these items by reading different forum posts on here and mostly picking the few items that often popped up, however if any of it is absolutely unnecessary for a 700-750whp street car please let me know. (P.S. chose the fuel pump via Whipples recommendation). I know people will say well it wouldn’t hurt to do this or that, but truly I’m just looking to do the things that would make the most sense while I have everything apart and with higher mileage.

Thank you,
Medusa
Sponsored

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Im almost done with cs\opg and whipple stage one install.
I have the same year car, pretty much same mileage at 78k, and pretty much everything you have except im 6r80. Youre on the right track with everything youve listed. I did a compression test and oil analysis before ordering the whipple stage one.
I put the GT350 halfshafts, and replaced ALL the timing components.
imo, you probably could do away with the ati dampener and the secondary tensioner bracket, and use that money towards suspension\tire\wheel upgrades.

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium w/ Performance Package
Hello all!

Hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend. I own a 2015 Mustang GT manual with around 80k miles on 93 octane. The plan in the near future is to supercharger it, and I’m leaning towards a Whipple 3.0 Stage 1. My real question is what supporting mods would be smart when pushing that much power, (how much? What pulley? How much PSI?) especially with 80k (compression test) miles. The only horsepower mod that I have to go along with the supercharger would be headers/Catback as my other FBO parts would be swapped out. Also This isn’t a track car it’s more of a street/show car. This is what I currently have on the list, if you would like to add things or tell me things I don’t need (overkill) please let me know.

Current List
•Whipple Stage 1 Kit
Billet OPG and Crank Sprocket (Plan on spending a lot of time bouncing off the limiter?)
MMR harmonic balance Crankshaft bolt
Ford Performance Gen 2 Waterpump kit

BOSS302R primary tensioners
MMR billet secondary tensioner bracket
GT350 timing chains
•McLeod RXT clutch, flywheel, etc (you can use a stock clutch but recommend you swap out. Is your transmission built? If not, RST*)

I came up with most of these items by reading different forum posts on here and mostly picking the few items that often popped up, however if any of it is absolutely unnecessary for a 700-750 650-700whp (assuming you are staying on 93 based on fuel set-up above) street car please let me know. (P.S. chose the fuel pump via Whipples recommendation). I know people will say well it wouldn’t hurt to do this or that, but truly I’m just looking to do the things that would make the most sense while I have everything apart and with higher mileage.

Thank you,
Medusa

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Hello all!

Hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend. I own a 2015 Mustang GT manual with around 80k miles on 93 octane. The plan in the near future is to supercharger it, and I’m leaning towards a Whipple 3.0 Stage 1. My real question is what supporting mods would be smart when pushing that much power, especially with 80k miles. The only horsepower mod that I have to go along with the supercharger would be headers/Catback as my other FBO parts would be swapped out. Also This isn’t a track car it’s more of a street/show car. This is what I currently have on the list, if you would like to add things or tell me things I don’t need (overkill) please let me know.

Current List
•Whipple Stage 1 Kit
•GT350 timing chains

I came up with most of these items by reading different forum posts on here and mostly picking the few items that often popped up, however if any of it is absolutely unnecessary for a 700-750whp street car please let me know. (P.S. chose the fuel pump via Whipples recommendation). I know people will say well it wouldn’t hurt to do this or that, but truly I’m just looking to do the things that would make the most sense while I have everything apart and with higher mileage.

Thank you,
Medusa
The list you have here is a pretty solid list. This should get you setup just fine. The only thing I would mention is the RXT is going to have a pretty stiff feel to it with a bit of chattering as it is designed with clamping pressure thats made for the track. We do have a LPXHD clutch that will have a more stock style feel to it while holding the same kind of power if you are interested. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message anytime.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...-23-spline-1-000-hp-2011-2017-mustang-gt.html

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I am reading/watching reviews about the chattering of "McLeod Mustang GT RXT Twin Disc Clutch Kit" as mentioned by LethalPerformance above (thread 4).
Anyone driving the RXT clutch?

OP
OP
Medusa5oh

Medusa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
The list you have here is a pretty solid list. This should get you setup just fine. The only thing I would mention is the RXT is going to have a pretty stiff feel to it with a bit of chattering as it is designed with clamping pressure thats made for the track. We do have a LPXHD clutch that will have a more stock style feel to it while holding the same kind of power if you are interested. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message anytime.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...-23-spline-1-000-hp-2011-2017-mustang-gt.html
hello Stephen!
appreciate you’re advice on both of my posts. I won’t be doing the cams anymore as you showed me they value to cost ratio. I definitely am considering your clutch now as I did too hear about the McLeod being a bit noisy which I’m not a huge fan of. I have everything currently in a cart on your website for when I’m ready to order. My only question is whether the ATI is worth it? I’m beginning to decide against it as I’ve heard it’s overkill if you don’t track your car or stay high in the revs, which for regular driving neither happens often. I rather put that money elsewhere in the build if anything then put it on a overkill damper.

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, PP1, MT82, 401A
I am reading/watching reviews about the chattering of "McLeod Mustang GT RXT Twin Disc Clutch Kit" as mentioned by LethalPerformance above (thread 4).
Anyone driving the RXT clutch?
Yes. I have an rxt and it’s very smooth with no chatter. Absolutely love that clutch and it’s not violent whatsoever. Great product imo.

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, PP1, MT82, 401A
hello Stephen!
appreciate you’re advice on both of my posts. I won’t be doing the cams anymore as you showed me they value to cost ratio. I definitely am considering your clutch now as I did too hear about the McLeod being a bit noisy which I’m not a huge fan of. I have everything currently in a cart on your website for when I’m ready to order. My only question is whether the ATI is worth it? I’m beginning to decide against it as I’ve heard it’s overkill if you don’t track your car or stay high in the revs, which for regular driving neither happens often. I rather put that money elsewhere in the build if anything then put it on a overkill damper.
Again, you get what you want. The rxt is not noisy either. Am not sure why that particular clutch gets a bad rap other than people pushing higher margin products. Maybe that’s the real issue. I am sure Lethal has a fine alternative but it should be noted the rxt is a great product.

OP
OP
Medusa5oh

Medusa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Again, you get what you want. The rxt is not noisy either. Am not sure why that particular clutch gets a bad rap other than people pushing higher margin products. Maybe that’s the real issue. I am sure Lethal has a fine alternative but it should be noted the rxt is a great product.
i appreciate your feedback. I know plenty of people with mcleod clutches and all my old mustangs have had them. I know the install and break in basically makes or breaks how a clutch is going to be in the car. Atleast I know I have options now

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
i appreciate your feedback. I know plenty of people with mcleod clutches and all my old mustangs have had them. I know the install and break in basically makes or breaks how a clutch is going to be in the car. Atleast I know I have options now
The RXT will accelerate your need for a built MT82 at some point, as an FYI. It will depend on your driving style but if you like to bang gears, the RST will be more forgiving on the internals than an RXT and still live a long life at your projected power level.

I love McLeod products and I think otherwise the characteristics of the RXT are much like stock save a little chatter at low speed and reverse.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Hello all!

Current List
•Whipple Stage 1 Kit
•GT350 timing chains

Thank you,
Medusa
That is a really good list for sure! The RXT clutch will do great, or even a Mantic or Vengeance setup. If you go with custom tuning you'll want a 1000cc and fuel pump booster minimum; you can do the DW drop in pump if you want. E85 you'd want a return style fuel system.

Hit me up and I can help out with it all and get you a killer deal whichever route you decide to go.
Plus I have Whipple kits in stock ready to go!

Feel free to DM me or call with any questions!
Terry "Beefcake" Reeves
- 855-827-7223 -
www.beefcakeracing.com
#beefcakeracing #teambeefcake

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hello all!

Current List
•Whipple Stage 1 Kit
•GT350 timing chains

Thank you,
Medusa
I would go with an LPX or LPX HD which utilizes a kevlar friction disk which doesn't put a lot of wear and tear on an MT82 equipped car. We have those in stock and ready to ship along with plenty of Whipple kits! Please feel free to give me or @Stephen@lethal a shout and we can answer any other questions you have and provide pricing on a clutch kit or Whipple kit! www.lethalperformance.com

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
hello Stephen!
The ATI balancer is a good addition if you want to add a bit more boost while adding a bit of belt wrap as well as that setup may eventually end up slipping the belt. I run a 15% ATI balancer on my car and it handles very well. For your setup however, you should be fine without it.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
If it's just a street/show car, get the full whipple kit (tune included) and go have fun. Maybe OPG/CS if budget allows, but I would not bother with anything else you listed.

Plan for a clutch down the road at some point, but for street driving the stocker could last a good while.
Sponsored