OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
My latest article, this time featuring Bilt Hamber Atom Mac.

Bilt Hamber Atom Mac: A Quick Guide | Detailing Shed
BILT HAMBER ATOM MAC corrosion inhibitor (detailingshed.com.au)
Bilt Hamber Atom-Mac | Rust Prevention | Obsessed Garage

IMG-9970.jpg

I chased a product like this for the longest time, now we have two specific products that can prevent flash rusting of brake rotors. The first being Hydes Serum Rustopper, which I managed have shipped to Australia despite it being off the cards for air freight. It then landed in the Detailing Shed store after numerous requests from me.

Hydes Serum Rustopper - for brake rotors (detailingshed.com.au)
Rust Inhibitor For Cars | Hyde's Serum Rustopper | Obsessed Garage

Atom Mac arrived shortly after and does a similar job, but I have found it to be more effective. The bottle itself is expensive, but hyper concentrated, so it will go a very long way when diluted at the recommended 5% ratio. I apply it after cleaning each wheel, then again after the final rinse before blow drying.

This is super anal level detailing, but something I conder worth having, especially if you have black wheels.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Two articles posted this week, the latest on the updated MTM PF22.2 Foam Cannon.

https://detailingshed.com.au/blogs/articles/updated-mtm-pf22-2-foam-cannon-best-foam-cannon-in-2024

https://detailingshed.com.au/produc...wide-mouth-bottle?_pos=8&_sid=2f10b2db9&_ss=r
https://detailingshed.com.au/produc...oam-cannon-bottle?_pos=7&_sid=2f10b2db9&_ss=r

IMG_0023.jpg

What I love about this update is not only does it improve the overall user experience, but the upgrade kit can also be used on other non-MTM foam cannons. If you have an older foam cannon with a narrow thread, I highly recommend this relatively cheap and simple upgrade, as can be seen on my original Waxit foam cannon.

IMG-1301.jpg

IMG-1315.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Two deliveries today..the Maxshine Large Brush and the gallon spouts.

First, the brush looks to have exactly the size and bristle stiffness for my tired dressing needs and I can't wait to try it..thanks again, D. Sarah's all detailed in the garage with fresh OG dressing but there's a monthly C&C on Sunday so..I may just get out and try the new brush tomorrow with another coat. ;=)

The spouts looked super stout and good quality when I pulled one out of the bag and I was MOST excited. Sadly, at least as far as I can tell, the thread pitch is wrong as they simply will not screw on to a CP gallon. However, since returning purchases almost anywhere other than Kamazonski today is always a PITA, do you have any insight, El Jefe? (@DFB5.0) <smile> TIA..

maxshine-large-brush_240517.jpg

gallon-spouts_240517.jpg

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
@DFB5.0 I tried searching the thread but I could not find anything so apologies if you have addressed this: zinc based sunscreen has rubbed off my arms into the leather (?) of my EB premium doors. Would you use anything in particular to clean that? Thanks.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@DFB5.0 I tried searching the thread but I could not find anything so apologies if you have addressed this: zinc based sunscreen has rubbed off my arms into the leather (?) of my EB premium doors. Would you use anything in particular to clean that? Thanks.
DFB will likely have a better recommendation, but as a quick solution using something you may already have hanging around, I’ve had good success with baby wipes.

If you’ve got that stuff (suncream) on your seats, be ‘very’ careful not to get it on your paint …

WD :like:

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
An interior cleaner such as P&S Xpress or Griot's Interior Cleaner should sort that out. Spray, agitate with a brush and then wipe clear with a towel. Repeat if necessary.

This article is from an Aussie detailing company, most of their products I don't care for, but the process is sound. In this case, you would be skipping to stage 2 with the above interior cleaners. If you need to go to stage three, be very careful.

How to safely remove sunscreen from your cars leather (bowdensown.com.au)

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Two deliveries today..the Maxshine Large Brush and the gallon spouts.

First, the brush looks to have exactly the size and bristle stiffness for my tired dressing needs and I can't wait to try it..thanks again, D. Sarah's all detailed in the garage with fresh OG dressing but there's a monthly C&C on Sunday so..I may just get out and try the new brush tomorrow with another coat. ;=)

The spouts looked super stout and good quality when I pulled one out of the bag and I was MOST excited. Sadly, at least as far as I can tell, the thread pitch is wrong as they simply will not screw on to a CP gallon. However, since returning purchases almost anywhere other than Kamazonski today is always a PITA, do you have any insight, El Jefe? (@DFB5.0) <smile> TIA..

maxshine-large-brush_240517.jpg

gallon-spouts_240517.jpg
As you know, the Carpro bottles are unusually large. I've had this question before on another forum, here are some images I prepared earlier.....................

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, D but I don't think it's the diameter as the ones I received fit that dimension but, they won't thread. Oh well, wish I had thought to check with CP first although they're now, "Out of Stock."

That wouldn't be a big deal as I'm not in a hurry however, the damn things are $11/ea plus shipping while US Plastics only wanted $3/per plus shipping. I don't need spouts that badly and, it's not worth my time to return the four I got for $12 bones. Story of my life, I swear.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Thanks, D but I don't think it's the diameter as the ones I received fit that dimension but, they won't thread. Oh well, wish I had thought to check with CP first although they're now, "Out of Stock."

That wouldn't be a big deal as I'm not in a hurry however, the damn things are $11/ea plus shipping while US Plastics only wanted $3/per plus shipping. I don't need spouts that badly and, it's not worth my time to return the four I got for $12 bones. Story of my life, I swear.
I do it all the time. Order things and a) its not the right thing, b) it won't fit or c) I don't like it. And like you said earlier, with the exception of Amazon, most of the time its more of a pain to return than worth it. I do like Bezos for that at least ;)

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I do it all the time.
I really appreciate that comment, Alex..it gives me comfort to know that I'm not alone <smile> and, I completely agree with you on Mr. Bezos' business model. Nearly every product on the planet, fast shipping, Prime deal and, easy peasy returns are IMO, what has made Kamazonski so successful.

That said, I worry about the future and the clear lead Bezos has in the online retail market. Me thinks we will see our wonderful federal government get involved to prevent the company from cornering the market via a manopoly. No doubt that would require civil suits filed by competitors first but if enough of them complain, Uncle Sam will certainly push his way into the matter.

As for the damn wrong spouts well, they'll almost certainly be stashed away somewhere until after I'm gone and a relative or estate sale shopper will pick them up for a buck. <BSEG> I may one day spring for the CP spouts if I grow weary of pouring from that big damn CP gallon mouth into a graduated cylinder, it just depends on how high the level of frustration is in my brain. <laughing>

As you were, men. <grin>

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Me thinks we will see our wonderful federal government get involved to prevent the company from cornering the market via a manopoly. No doubt that would require civil suits filed by competitors first but if enough of them complain, Uncle Sam will certainly push his way into the matter.
I’m not too concerned about that, at least not yet. Walmart has come up with something similar to the Amazon model, Target has a couple convenient options, etc. It has definitely put a lot of pressure on smaller businesses that can’t offer such things, at least not at a reasonable cost. So I do worry about small businesses in the future (members of my family own a small business that has been around since my great grandparents started it in 1926, so I’m very much pro small business). As long as the big retail companies can keep up with Amazon, I don’t think think the monopoly issue will come to fruition though. If they start to fall way behind, absolutely watch for lawsuits to start flying.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Amazon wont face any government wrath as long as they accept vendor sales on their platform. You can’t corner the market on items if you’re not the one moving them lol.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Amazon wont face any government wrath as long as they accept vendor sales on their platform. You can’t corner the market on items if you’re not the one moving them lol.
Good point. Easy to forget a lot of what Amazon sells isn’t Amazon product

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hey D, looks like Yvan has a new line of coatings out. 2 are professional grade that require certification (booo) and one for consumers (yay!). The consumer coating is quite pricey. Will be available in the Australian market and won’t require shipping from overseas. As much as I can’t sit through some of Pan the Advertiser’s videos, this is a good one.

Sponsored